1911Forum banner

Circa 1914 Springfield 1911

783 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jphillips 
#1 ·
I have had this for years. My Dad gave it to me and it has stayed in my safe. I am downsizing and ready for this to find itself a new home. I went to a local shop to get a price and started to figure out it was something a little special. So I want to know what I ha e to be up front with who ever buys it.
It is serial number 76302 which places it at 1914.
I have a marks on the slide and barrel bushing
All the us government marks are there.
The barrel is a little different from what I have read so I thought I would ask. I have attached some pictures.
The leather case is vintage Vietnam era. The magazine is not the original as it does not have the loop

I have a

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The holster was made by Bianchi for Army consideration and it was tested but ultimately not adopted, although I've heard of US-based MPs carrying with it.

It's kind of neat and moderately valuable in a small sense. I've seen them sell for $100 and I've seen them sit at $10. It's roughly from the late 60s.

The others will be along to tell you the good and bad about your Springfield pistol. Some bigger pics to show overall condition will help!

Tom

#4 ·
Cannot render an opinion without full and correct serial number.
Some clear, sharper and detailed pictures would be needed, side views, top view, frame both sides and of the barrel.
SPRINGFIELDs are very scarce in any condition, personally I would be very sorry to give away a nice heirloom like that.

#6 ·
Here are full side images. I did not get a photo of the full barrel field stripped. I focused on the markings since that was what the last person requested. As I stated the “s” is on the slide and on the barrel bushing. The barrel has a J, an H and what looks like a 5 but have read it could be an HP.
As far as a family heirloom... every family is different.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.