Armed protestors enter Michigan capital and demand end to lockdown - Page 17 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
He is a bad leaders to those who don't agree with his policies. He is a great leader to those who do.

You speak completely in the subjective. I understand, I'd avoid the objective policy discussion too if I were a Lefty and backed a bunch of Left-Loon-burgers who have been a disaster to this country.

POTUS is: "mean", "he was a bad real-estate investor", "he tweets too much", "He fires people too much", "he doesn't speak as well as Obama....

Good to get a rehash of Morning-Joe's and his Loony-Wife's talking points.

But carry-on, it is going to do your party a world of good in November to focus on subjective nonsense.-LOL.
No, the lack of character and the qualities I spoke to have nothing whatsoever to do with politics.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
No, the lack of character and the qualities I spoke to have nothing whatsoever to do with politics.
You just proved my point...Duh, your statement is subjective nonsense. A lefty and never trumpet talking point which isn't worth the "paper" it is printed on.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 05-21-2020, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
You just proved my point...Duh, your statement is subjective nonsense. A lefty and never trumpet talking point which isn't worth the "paper" it is printed on.
Yes please, do whatever necessary but please don't let me tear down your false little god.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Yes please, do whatever necessary but please don't let me tear down your false little god.
God?, you suck-up to the likes of Biden, Pelosi, and Obama. LOL! You live on the altar of trump-hate, false-witness, and innuendo. You wear your Lefty emotion on your sleeve. Lack of character, these 3 wrote the manual on lacking character and decency. -LOL!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 05-21-2020 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:11 AM

My question is what happens in NYC if the people protest armed into the capital? How will that work?
Old 05-21-2020, 09:11 AM

I think what we're talking about is process vs results.
Say what you want about Trump, he has gotten results.

Obama was always well spoken, intelligent, as I understand it a Constitutional scholar,
but under his watch the economy nose dived.
The reason - he doesn't have a clue about private sector finance.
Most people don't.

Trump is a flawed human being, of course.
We are all flawed human beings.
But Trump built a Real Estate empire in one of the most challenging Real Estate markets on the planet.
This is why, under his watch, the economy has flourished.

Read The Art of the Deal.
During the time that he was building his Real Estate interests,
he would get in a limo with his phone each morning.
Ride to various properties.
Talk to people on phone.
And basically built the entire legacy using the process.
No computers - he did ALL of the calculations in his head.
Which included all of the complex Real Estates codes of NYC.
This is extraordinary talent.

Ian
Old 05-21-2020, 10:24 AM

Something to consider:

To the Left, the Patriots are Extremists, Terrorists, Dissenters and worse. And right now they're using the chinavirus lockdown protests to illustrate the point. "They're armed!" Yea, so? WE ARE! And *lawfully* so!

The only thing that has changed is, back then, the tyrants were appointed for us. Today, a sizable chunk of America has been brainwashed into voting them in.

And there's a lot of that in here. You can tell, just by reading this very thread

What raises my hackles isn't someone "attacking" the President. I"m not personally fond of Trump, I don't see him as a god, but I voted him in because he's loud, brash, in your face, and gets things done. I don't care about decorum and PC, I want results, not more quagmire. And unless the man absolutely ****s the bed in the next few months, I will vote for him again.

What raises my hackles is seeing gun-owners spout Lefty nonsense. That's what irks me. How people of the gun persuation fail to see the Wizard of Oz is running the show, and that it's all a show. How can you not see that?!

We're not asking you to drink the Trump Kool-Aid. We're asking you to drink the USA-First Kool-Aid. The Liberty Kool-Aid. We're asking you to open your eyes to the 50, 60 years of Democrat ruin. Immigration Reform of '65. GCA of '68. Carter's inability to inspire and lead. Clinton's selling us out to China, and pushing to allow China into the WTO. And all the Obama nonsense. THen there's the behind-the-sceners like Schumer, Pelosi, Nadler and that bunch. Why are some of you incapable of seeing and recognizing the damage done to our country by all of the above since Ike exited the white house?

It started with FDR, honestly. And was interrupted by WWII. But this trainwreck is nearly a century in the making.

I'll make it crystal clear -- this *is* zero-sum situation. If you're not with us, by default you're against us. We have no use for Fudds. We have no use for "Reasonable Gun Control" We have no use at *all* for the Left. NFA is infringing on the 2A. GCA of '68 is infringing on 2A. Every scrap of gun control ever passed is an affront to the Constitution.

I dont' *care* what your celebrities tell you. Or your priest, or pastor. Or your barber. Any vote at all for a Democrat, at this point in time, is an act of treason.

This is how I feel. And I've only recently come to adopt this position in the past 10 years, since say, Sandy Hook, Benghazi and that pallet of cash. I used to be much more of a centrist. My alarm bells started going off when China was allowed into the WTO at Clinton's insistance. NAFTA rang my alarm pretty bad too.

But some of you here, just keep on cruisin' thinking it's all good. it's not, and chinavirus has exposed just how close we are to boogaloo.

But if it does come to that, ffs, don't call it "civil war." Call it by its proper name, a War of Restoration.

Because folks, this country needs a frame-off restoration.

In 2020, there's Patriots, Traitors, and Useful Idiots. That's it.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 05-21-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
:
I'll make it crystal clear -- this *is* zero-sum situation. If you're not with us, by default you're against us. We have no use for Fudds. We have no use for "Reasonable Gun Control" We have no use at *all* for the Left. NFA is infringing on the 2A. GCA of '68 is infringing on 2A. Every scrap of gun control ever passed is an affront to the Constitution.
:
I keep looking for a damned LIKE button - well said. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:56 AM

Obama has been touted as a “Constitutional Scholar” but don’t forget - this summation of a 2001 Radio interview:

“In sum, Obama views the Constitution as a flawed document from which we must “break free.” We need, instead, a “living” Constitution that refocuses from “negative rights” to requiring income redistribution from the Haves to provide “positive economic rights” to the Have Nots.“

Sorry pal, I busted my arse for over 50 years working; including ending up with permanent physical disabilities from 40+ years in Federal Blue Uniforms; supporting and defending that same Constitution that you, I, and countless millions of Americans swore to defend it from people like you who also claimed that the constitution was blocking your attempts to do things to the government. I’ll be damned Barry it worked! It sort of stopped you didn’t it!
Old 05-21-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwo4uscgret View Post
Obama has been touted as a “Constitutional Scholar” but don’t forget - this summation of a 2001 Radio interview:

“In sum, Obama views the Constitution as a flawed document from which we must “break free.” We need, instead, a “living” Constitution that refocuses from “negative rights” to requiring income redistribution from the Haves to provide “positive economic rights” to the Have Nots.“
Whoa I didn't know about that particular quote. I knew the Left sees everything through the lens of gender and reparations -- and I've heard many of their current crop say the Constitution is a living document -- but I had no idea it went clear up to their last POTUS.

Wow.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
Something to consider:

To the Left, the Patriots are Extremists, Terrorists, Dissenters and worse. And right now they're using the chinavirus lockdown protests to illustrate the point. "They're armed!" Yea, so? WE ARE! And *lawfully* so!

The only thing that has changed is, back then, the tyrants were appointed for us. Today, a sizable chunk of America has been brainwashed into voting them in.

And there's a lot of that in here. You can tell, just by reading this very thread

What raises my hackles isn't someone "attacking" the President. I"m not personally fond of Trump, I don't see him as a god, but I voted him in because he's loud, brash, in your face, and gets things done. I don't care about decorum and PC, I want results, not more quagmire. And unless the man absolutely ****s the bed in the next few months, I will vote for him again.

What raises my hackles is seeing gun-owners spout Lefty nonsense. That's what irks me. How people of the gun persuation fail to see the Wizard of Oz is running the show, and that it's all a show. How can you not see that?!

We're not asking you to drink the Trump Kool-Aid. We're asking you to drink the USA-First Kool-Aid. The Liberty Kool-Aid. We're asking you to open your eyes to the 50, 60 years of Democrat ruin. Immigration Reform of '65. GCA of '68. Carter's inability to inspire and lead. Clinton's selling us out to China, and pushing to allow China into the WTO. And all the Obama nonsense. THen there's the behind-the-sceners like Schumer, Pelosi, Nadler and that bunch. Why are some of you incapable of seeing and recognizing the damage done to our country by all of the above since Ike exited the white house?

It started with FDR, honestly. And was interrupted by WWII. But this trainwreck is nearly a century in the making.

I dont' *care* what your celebrities tell you. Or your priest, or pastor. Or your barber. Any vote at all for a Democrat, at this point in time, is an act of treason.

This is how I feel. And I've only recently come to adopt this position in the past 10 years, since say, Sandy Hook, Benghazi and that pallet of cash. I used to be much more of a centrist. My alarm bells started going off when China was allowed into the WTO at Clinton's insistance. NAFTA rang my alarm pretty bad too.

But some of you here, just keep on cruisin' thinking it's all good. it's not, and chinavirus has exposed just how close we are to boogaloo.

But if it does come to that, ffs, don't call it "civil war." Call it by its proper name, a War of Restoration.

Because folks, this country needs a frame-off restoration.

You nailed it. +1911
Old 05-21-2020, 12:33 PM

The all-or-nothing attitudes expressed on
this forum may very well result in nothing.

It's like listening to the old-time one true
faith adherents, breeders of intolerance.

Hopefully wiser gun rights thinkers will
save as many paths for self protection as
is prudently possible.

In the meantime, the most virulent
proponents of nearly unbridled gun
rights are a fast shrinking minority and
will be swept away.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:40 PM

Uncle Ed, what wins can you say conservatives have made on 2A *or any other subject* in the past 60 years? We've lost time and again on immigration, gun control, health care.

Don't you see the problem? The *left* has become intolerant. The right has too, as a response. Both sides can't be correct. One has to let go.

It ain't gonna be us.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:07 PM

Old Grey Hare, the greatest achievement
in gun rights has been the general acceptance
for concealed carry for protection. It
didn't exist 60 years ago.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:27 PM

Well said Old Grey Hare...and we should not be afraid to go to war to save this country.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleEd View Post
Old Grey Hare, the greatest achievement
in gun rights has been the general acceptance
for concealed carry for protection. It
didn't exist 60 years ago.
That is indeed huge. Yet that's a public perception thing, not a law thing, unless I"m mistaken.

Law-wise, it keeps getting more and more restrictive. Can't have this. You will not have that. Nope, this is too scary looking. Can't have it.

This latest batch of "gun control" in multiple states all seem to be coming from one singular source: Bloomberg. He tried it here too.

I get your point, Uncle Ed. And I wish the climate were more welcoming for dialog, but I think you also realize ever since Obama was elected.. maybe even W. Bush was reelected, no one wants to listen to anyone anymore.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:

will be swept away.
I don't know what you are talking about. What unbridled rights are being proposed? Most of the people here are on this forum that you call virulent only seek to keep the rights we have from being taken away by more laws and regulations.
I would really like to know what unbridled right you are talking about if you can clarify that for me.

and

Virulent
1. (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects.

2. bitterly hostile.

Which one of these definitions are you applying to forum members. I guess you honestly think the democrats will give in and play nice once all the mean pro gun people are gone.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:19 PM

"Unbridled" such as what started this thread,
going to a rally with long guns shown prominently.
Yes, the right exists but doing so in the context
of the protest was stupid.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
"Unbridled" such as what started this thread,
going to a rally with long guns shown prominently.
Yes, the right exists but doing so in the context
of the protest was stupid.
“Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice; and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater
Old 05-21-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I though you were talking about President Trump, not his empty suit shyster lawyer predecessor or that Mao-pantsuit wearing corruptocrat with the epic case of the turns-to's...

am I mistaken?

Perhaps I am as every thinking person knows that neither bho nor Illary lack character in ample quantities...

it is all bad character but they've got more than enough of that to go around!
Old 05-21-2020, 03:55 PM

Read post #412 again, Carefully - and understand that the writer expects you to compromise your PRINCIPLES that are correctly based on God Given Rights, since he has already done so. Trump uses his tweets to set the national agenda he wants, every day - clever. But the "Non-Civility" is the Left's doing - and that is much bigger than Mr. Trump.

The Hard Line - based on the God Given Rights of Man in 1776 - "Not One Step Farther" - and they backed it up with armed resistance to enforce those Rights. I pray we never come to the same spot, but if it comes to that, so be it. I just watched a documentary on what happens to an unarmed People that resists tyrannical Governmental Power (Burma, 2012) - and those who protest or resist without arms in their hands are shot - or "disappear". Do a Google Search on the "Bonus Marchers in Washington D.C." - the US Army attacked and killed unarmed US Citizens engaged in peaceful protest in DC in the 1930's. Going armed may seem edgy to some, but it keeps those with a Police State mentality at bay while you conduct your First Amendment Peaceful Protest, undisturbed. And it lets the other side know you are Deadly Serious about your Civil Rights. And, after all, it is a reminder of a Right. To be in public. Armed to make a point. Glad the other side got the Message - We, the People, still know our Rights - and you had better back off, Petty little tyrants.

I understand why Uncle Ed misses the old "Civility" and Panty Waisted "Niceness" from his political Enemies - (like "Presidential" George Bush Jr.) so the Left can keep on playing hard ball with the soft, weak Right and WINNING by their unethical, EVIL, underhanded and lying ways of doing business. Civility is a WEAPON the Left uses to keep the Polite Right Quiet and beat us, thus Uncle Ed points out the need for it now. He wants his (anti-gun) side to win, overall - apparently the 2nd Amendment is NOT his line in the sand for Freedom, and we must all be "reasonable" and "compromise" - until our Rights are compromised away....

Make no mistake, the Left is always on the Attack - and they have NO Scruples - or Morals. Thus they have made Civility a suicide pact for people on the Right. (Hint, if your majority largely don't believe in God, you don't have to worry about any Rules to go by. Cheating and lying, vote harvesting, etc., are just acceptable tools.)

So - Let's talk - honestly - about the Democratic Party and it's documented Record of Political Achievements - and this is just the "short and quick list".

1.) 1860 - Supporters of SLAVERY and cause of the Civil War, costing 500,000 Plus Lives.

2.) Having lost that argument, members of the Democratic Party authored all the Jim Crow Legislation in the South to continue their control of Blacks, Did all the Lynchings and kept the KKK (Klu Klux Klan) in strong operation for 100 plus years with their control of County Sheriffs and Judges. Then LBJ designed the Great Society Program to keep minorities in permanent bondage to the Democratic Party with handouts just above poverty - that went away if you got married or went to work.

3.) FDR and Truman's Democratic Administrations were loaded with Communists/Socialists who conducted espionage against the United States (Read the Veona Papers for payroll), giving the Communist World constant diplomatic and military intelligence to beat the West, along with the Atomic Bomb and the MIG-15 fighter technical advances they could not have developed themselves. (Look up Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, bomb AND NACA wind tunnel data stolen and shipped to Moscow.) Disloyal Americans are always a problem - and should be called out.

4.) Democratic Party Congressional Actions significantly and deliberately aided killing off two Free World Nations in support of Socialism/Communism in the past Century.

Exhibit A.) Nationalist China was locked in a battle on the mainland with Communist murderer Mao, supplied lavishly by the Soviet Union. Democrats voted to remove Free China's military aid in ammunition and fuel just before a crucial battle and Nationalist China fell and had to flee to Taiwan. Tens of Millions of Chinese were murdered after the Communists won - all with Democratic Congressional help.

Exhibit B.) Vietnam - likewise, the Democratic Congress of the 1960's and 70's was always quietly in favor of North Vietnam and against our fighting for human Freedom in South Vietnam, and ultimately cut necessary aid to South Vietnam after the US withdrawal, while North Vietnam was fully resupplied and rebuilt by the Chicoms and Russia. (I will, in fairness, give fully 50% of the credit for this loss of more (6-8) more millions of innocent lives in Asia to then Republican President (and former head of the Warren Commission) Gerald Ford (a "moderate/civil" wimp Republican, Dems loved him) - he failed to use our B-52s based on Guam to stop the 1974 re-invasion of the South by North Vietnam, which was the final blow to the Freedom 58,000+ US Servicemen had already paid for with their lives - and in direct violation of our Treaty with South Vietnam. But - give the Devil his due - Democrats in Congress cut critical aid to a dependent Ally on purpose - yet again!

5.) Moral leadership. Current Democrats are hostile to God Almighty and his Rules for a Good Life, on every level. Support for Drug Use, Abortion, Feminism, LGBTXYZ, Illegal Immigration, Public Immortality (Hollywood) and every other Pox that could be used to damage the lives of regular, law abiding, tax paying and God fearing Americans and steal away their children and also destroy their lives is WRITTEN INTO EVERY DEMOCRATIC STATE and NATIONAL PLATFORM. Perversion and Hatred comes from the Dark Side that Progressive/Leftist/Dems worship - the Right goes to Church, but can no longer reason with the Deranged Party who has lost all Moral Authority by it's tight embrace with anything Evil.

It is time for people on the Right (and In The Right) to stop being Civil with Leftists/Progressives/Dems - and adopt "Trumps Tone" X2 in justified Righteous Indignation. Talk back, Fight back or Lose, People. Win the moral/intellectual arguments NOW - or end up having to physically fight for all you hold dear when it may be too late. The only reason for having a 2nd Amendment is to keep tyrants, who always arise - in check.

Progressive, Leftist Democrats and their policies need to be called out and SHAMED and driven out of the Public Square, as they have actively done at every opportunity to every Conservative and Christian until now. Visit a college campus and try to discuss anything Christian or Conservative - they will shout you down and run you off the property - no civil discourse allowed there. The days of civility and fair debate with a Progressive/Leftist/Democrat passed long ago by their own hands and lack of respect for other's views - and when they became moral and political Enemies of the United States, her Constitution and the Creator of the Universe, Himself. As well as every form of Decency on the planet.

Compromise with Evil? I don't think so. And that includes Gun Rights, because without them (the 2nd) your Rights can easily end at the next Election - or next Planedemic. Time to grow a backbone and speak up and push back. Your kids and Grandkids have no chance if you fail to act - call your Congressional Reps regularly and fight the good fight at every opportunity. CC

Certified Law Enforcement Trainer
Certified Glock, Colt and Remington LE Armorer

Last edited by Col. Colt; 05-21-2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
The all-or-nothing attitudes expressed on
this forum may very well result in nothing.

It's like listening to the old-time one true
faith adherents, breeders of intolerance.

Hopefully wiser gun rights thinkers will
save as many paths for self protection as
is prudently possible.

will be swept away.

That is funny. Those "wiser" gun rights thinkers got us where we are now. We are past that foolishness.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC shooter View Post
I don't know what you are talking about. What unbridled rights are being proposed? Most of the people here are on this forum that you call virulent only seek to keep the rights we have from being taken away by more laws and regulations.
I would really like to know what unbridled right you are talking about if you can clarify that for me.

and

Virulent
1. (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects.

2. bitterly hostile.

Which one of these definitions are you applying to forum members. I guess you honestly think the democrats will give in and play nice once all the mean pro gun people are gone.

What I find hard to believe is those lefty gun owners actually believe the things that they post. That is hard to imagine. I thought the same as you when I read that post.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Colt View Post
Read post #412 again, Carefully - and understand that the writer expects you to compromise your PRINCIPLES based on God Given Rights, as he has already done so. Trump uses his tweets to set the national agenda he wants, every day - clever. But the "Non-Civility" is the Left's doing - and that is much bigger than Mr. Trump.
Col Colt, o7

(that's a text salute, for those that don't know)

It really did start as far back as the 20's, with the first waves of Marxist/Socialist German Jews escaping the coming ****storm and getting teaching posts in our schools.

We need to attack this from multiple angles at once, some short-term, some long-term, and I fear no one's thinking in these terms.

Short-term: Incessant media / newmedia barrages calling out *every* single time the Looney Left does their thing. It's already happening, and chinavirus is actually helping it along. Every time those Bluetopia governors squeeze their grips on their people's throats, the more the people wake up.

Long term: We need to fix our schools and our media. For a century now both have been used to indoctrinate on an industrial scale. Who here remembers the radio Dragnet episode of the kid who shot his friend with a Christmas .22 rifle? That's nasty anti-gun right there, as innocent as a flu shot, right?

No one's thinking about how to fix the problem. As always, start with the kids. Fix the schools!
Old 05-21-2020, 04:48 PM

Spot on Col. Colt. Spot on!

Joe
NRA Benefactor Member
"Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat"
Closed Thread