1911Forum banner

Staccato P or Tactical 4.0 ?

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tjpaxton 
#1 ·
Which one would you choose and why?

#3 · (Edited)
I would go with the Staccato P, it is the final evolution of the 4.0 Tactical; basically a 4.0 perfected.

BUT, that refers to a Gen1 Staccato P, the Gen 2 is a different gun. As soon as I saw the Gen2 Staccato P, I ran out and bought a second Staccato P Gen1 before they dried up. Why?

- I MUCH prefer the aggressive look of the Gen1 (full rail, magwell, same length slide and dustcover). Gen2,with longer slide/barrel looks more like a range/target/competition gun.
- Gen1 the barrel is DLC coated, Gen2 it is NOT.
- Gen1 has the $79 magwell, Gen2 does not come with a magwell at all.
- Much prefer Gen1 hammer
- Much prefer Gen1 Grip Safety
- Prefer Tree Bark Grip on the Gen1, the Gen2 grip isn't terrible one of my Gen1s came with the Gen2 grip (transition gun).
- Don't like Butler Cut rail on the Gen2
- Don't like longer barrel and slide.

Bottom line, the Staccato P is the Fastest and Flattest shooting NON-Comped 1911/2011 Carry/Duty pistol I have ever fired; the lack of recoil and the speed with which the slide cycles enables the shooter to group rounds very accurately and quickly. Which is EXACTLY what you want from a Carry/Duty gun. I could even see using the Staccato P for competition.

Here are my Staccato P Gen1s

Here's what I mean by Fast & Flat Shooting!

All the Accuracy you need

#5 ·
Whichever one is available in the Lord's Caliber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.