Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 11:06 PM

Missouri couple defends home from mob of ‘protestors’

http://redstateobserver.com/article.asp?id=168116

If there is a thread on this already I apologize, didn’t see it.

Also a really good interview with him regarding the incident. Sounds fine and like he was genuinely in fear.

https://youtu.be/mjtTtPTbRXM
COTEP#782
Old 06-30-2020, 04:55 AM

Good for them, at least they are standing up when the Police and Politicians bend a knee to the animals...

Just a few areas for improvement: The wife needs something more substantial than that pea shooter (things could get ugly very fast with all those animals there), he should get her trained with an AR or a SG with the lower power loads (or he can use the SG and her the AR, at any rate that pistol is better than nothing but not too great for SD against a mob). Federal makes a nice "low-power" load like that which they say is for LEO's.

Next time they might want to figure out a way to have some cover. Standing out there all exposed, they make great targets. According to the interview, at least one person in the mob had a gun.

But good for them, reminds me of the Korean's with their ARs defending their businesses in LA during the Rodney-Riots. Most of them were on their roofs though which gave them a degree of "cover".

Excellent interview...It is about intimidation from the Marxist mob, and as always has been in history, the only thing which protects you and your family from the Mob is a firearm.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-30-2020 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:59 AM

Those guys were in their rights to protect their lives and property. They are Heroes in my book. Standing against mob rule is a hard lesson the weakened politicians should learn but won't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 06:08 AM

The wife muzzles her husband 2-3 times in the video...she definately could stand to review the basics...

Defending your home from the now acceptable anarchist/protester mob thing Is a good argument for high capacity magazines...

But overall, good for them.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:03 AM

If I was white and I lived on Kingshighway in St. Louis I would be "genuinely frightened" too. I grew up in St. Louis in the 60s and there were isolated bad areas back then. There are a LOT more bad areas today. If those people have any sense at all they would move out of there. I used to ride my bicycle through Ferguson. I wouldn't do that today.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Good for them, at least they are standing up when the Police and Politicians bend a knee to the animals...
If I am reading the linked report correctly, the protestors were there in response to publication of the McCroskey's support of defunding the police. Not all protestors these days are anarchists. Locally were had something like a thousand march in support of the local police.

Last edited by Ranger41; 06-30-2020 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger41 View Post
If I am reading the linked report correctly, the protestors were there in response to publication of the McCroskey's support of defunding the police. Not all protestors these days are anarchists. Locally were had something like a thousand march in support of the local police.
The entire area is posted private property with no trespassing signs.
They broke thru an iron gate to get there. Still feel the same?
COTEP#782
Old 06-30-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
The entire area is posted private property with no trespassing signs.
They broke thru an iron gate to get there. Still feel the same?
Not defending trespassing or destruction of private property. Just opining why the local police might have been occupied elsewhere. And pointing out the irony of gated community folk in favor of defunding the police possibly wishing for police help.

Last edited by Ranger41; 06-30-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:59 AM

Schadenfreude is all over this story big time. A couple of " lefty Lawyers " and Bernie supporters who support the BLM protests get their hackles all up when protesters come to visit.. They have been involved with legal cases against the police but have no problem grabbing a AR and calling 911 when the lefty crowds get a bit too close.. They probably cheered on the riots that were happening across the country. They better sleep with one eye open because the leftist will eat their own.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:46 PM

It looks to me like her finger was on the trigger when not ready to shoot (3rd rule of gun safety)

Also looks like she swept her husband AND that the guns may have been pointed at the protesters.

I think that this couple should have been at the Low Ready, Fingers off trigger, from cover.

Once their being armed & ready was made apparent.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer131 View Post
Schadenfreude is all over this story big time. A couple of " lefty Lawyers " and Bernie supporters who support the BLM protests get their hackles all up when protesters come to visit.. They have been involved with legal cases against the police but have no problem grabbing a AR and calling 911 when the lefty crowds get a bit too close.. They probably cheered on the riots that were happening across the country. They better sleep with one eye open because the leftist will eat their own. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]
It's funny the first thing that came to mind after seeing how the lady handles the pistol is "These must be liberals who are new to guns and just bought them during the recent panic buying". XD
Old 06-30-2020, 03:51 PM

Drail - I'm also from St. Louis. I went to high school up on north Kingshighway in the late 60's. Back then, anything north of Lindell was bad. Junkies on the street and in the alleys, muggings, bars on all the store windows. Cars with black power flags on the antenna, dudes in black berets and jump boots. I don't think it's any better now.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covid-1911 View Post
It's funny the first thing that came to mind after seeing how the lady handles the pistol is "These must be liberals who are new to guns and just bought them during the recent panic buying". XD
No kidding. She's waving it around with her booger hook on the bang switch, pointing it at people, sweeping her husband, and trying to look like she's posing for Vogue.

Her husband should have knocked her upside the head the first time she swept him.

I'll meet you at Old North Bridge....where ever it might be.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:31 AM

Looks like some DA or something (just got this on fox, not sure of the Black-Women's title) is considering charging the Homeowners...She says they put the "PEACEFUL-protesters" at risk and that it is a race thing...This is comical on its face of course.

To wit:

This Civil Right lawyer now knows the mob will always eat their own if it is convenient for them.

Because the Lawyer is white, he is intrinsically fair-game to be called and accused of being a racist.

I have no problem with this guy being a civil rights lawyer, there are times when they are truly needed, and it sounds like he is not a kool-aid drinker, he recognizes the threat the Marxist-Mob bring's to this county.

Moreover, I support him and his defense. We have to stand together to fight the True-Racist, who's every thought, action, and deed is race baiting. Only a True Racist think's in terms of skin-color 24X7. These people live and die with their despicable accusations and as far as they are concerned we are all fair-game targets if we don't bend a knee to them, and the Marxist-Mob-conglomerate.

It sounds like this lawyer is a fighter, so I believe he will be ok. He must prevail, because if he gets charged it sets an awful precedent for any of us if we are ever called to defend ourselves from the Mob or anyone else for that matter...

The rule of law is teetering on the edge of a knife. Stay strong!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 07-01-2020 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:29 AM

Mark McCloskey is one of the richest lawyers in the State yet he chooses to live off of Kingshighway? He may be a great attorney but he ain't real bright. Maybe he and his wife could find a nice mansion in East St. Louis. It has always amused me that people really believe they are somehow "safe" living in a gated community. This is proof that a gate will not protect you.

Last edited by drail; 07-01-2020 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:42 AM

Yea, does sound like he is a very effective lawyer, maybe after this we can flip him (or at least get him to do it part-time) to specialize in 2A rights, and the rights of SD...Sometimes life changing events can cause an individual to re-purpose themselves.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 07-01-2020, 09:22 AM

The Prosecutor is of course looking to charge the couple for defending their property from these 'peaceful protestors.' I think the DA needs a dictionary. Last I checked 'peaceful protestors' come unarmed, and don't destroy property.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:05 PM

I usually don't watch the TV show called "The View."
However I accidentally saw segment when the show's
spokesmen (women) were talking about this incident.

One of them was quite concerned that the man and
his wife were not arrested for "brandishing" weapons.
They argued the protesters had the right to be where
they were and the husband and wife were in the wrong.

I could not stand it any longer and turned to another
channel. The liberal mindset makes me sick!
Old 07-01-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger41 View Post
No, BLM was looking for the Mayors house to demand the resignation of Mayor Lyda Krewson.
https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...-of-protesters
Old 07-01-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM44 View Post

That show is the epitome of a stupid commie think tank. Once upon a time I liked Whoopie Goldberg for her acting skills. Once she started appearing on that show with her commie talk... I couldn't stand to see or hear her anymore, not to mention the other daffy females on that show.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM44 View Post

It would be quite comical to see the concern on these women's faces if all of a sudden a couple hundred BLM protestors were traipsing through their yard, breaking down gates of their neighborhoods.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:53 PM

In case this wasn't posted...The short snide smirks the 2 lawyers made about POTUS aside, the Homeowner and his Lawyer did a fine job beating Fredo down. Fredo is beyond demented.

https://youtu.be/9yuHKYCcvmQ
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 07-01-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Out View Post
It would be quite comical to see the concern on these women's faces if all of a sudden a couple hundred BLM protestors were traipsing through their yard, breaking down gates of their neighborhoods.
I'm sure it would resemble closely the shrieking heard in gun shops during a national crisis when a Lib. goes in to buy a handgun and learns about the waiting period.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
In case this wasn't posted...The short snide smirks the 2 lawyers made about POTUS aside, the Homeowner and his Lawyer did a fine job beating Fredo down. Fredo is beyond demented.

Yeah, but also bear in mind they are lawyers. About 99% of them make the other 1% look bad. Their training and inclination is to win cases, and sometimes truth gets stretched, misplaced or abandoned. So the comments about POTUS and being on board with BLM may just as well be cover, to get heat off the McCloskeys from the insane Leftards. Can't blame 'em for that.

Fredo did take a whuppin'. Good to see. Whatever else those lawyers my or may not be, they are sharp.
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:

Would like to see Cuomo’s home being crashed and threatened to see how he would ‘handle it’.
Closed Thread