What do I need to own to be well regulated? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-09-2018, 05:56 AM

What do I need to own to be well regulated?

I have 4 1911s, 3 semi auto rifles, 3 revolvers, 5 semi auto pistols not counting the 1911s, 1 SKS not counting the other semi auto rifles. No Glocks at the moment, but decided to get a G19X today, so I’ll have it by noon. 1 lever action rifle, 2 bolt action rifles and 2 pellet guns one rifle and revolver. I don’t feel quite “well regulated”. I think I’m missing something, please help.

I also hope this is an inspiration for others who are not “well regulated.”
Old 04-09-2018, 06:08 AM

At LEAST a half-dozen AR's. I'm building #6 at the moment myself.

- 50 mags/rifle
- 5,000 rounds of ammo/rifle

- 10 mags/pistol
- 1,000 rounds of ammo/pistol

That's for ALL your rifles, btw.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
At LEAST a half-dozen AR's. I'm building #6 at the moment myself.

- 50 mags/rifle
- 5,000 rounds of ammo/rifle

- 10 mags/pistol
- 1,000 rounds of ammo/pistol

That's for ALL your rifles, btw.
You just reminded me, I have 5,000 rounds of 223 waiting to be but together. Getting regulated is a lot of work and expensive.
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2018, 06:27 AM

You had a good thing going! Adding that G19x will drop the property value kinda like the undesirable moving into the neighborhood! all in fun.......
Hey, that SKS isn’t one of those that shoots the cleaning rod out the back when you fire it right? My buddy was hip shooting his and I caught the rod in a bad place! Those things are dangerous!
Old 04-09-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
You had a good thing going! Adding that G19x will drop the property value kinda like the undesirable moving into the neighborhood! all in fun.......
Hey, that SKS isn’t one of those that shoots the cleaning rod out the back when you fire it right? My buddy was hip shooting his and I caught the rod in a bad place! Those things are dangerous!

OK, I had to go look at my SKS just to see....how in the heck did your buddy manage that? There is a lot of gun between the back of that rod and soft tissue.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Mine has been good to me at 50yards, 100 yards I have trouble keeping the sights straight wear glasses. It’s a Tula refurbished, my dad left it to me before he passed. It’s been very reliable.

The G19X, is a whim purchase, I just can’t talk myself out of it. I’ve owned 2 Glocks prior, so I know what I’m getting. Yet, it will be my only striker/ Polymer pistol.
Attached Thumbnails
64A61B64-CAA8-4E7D-9B13-2DFA74424F03.jpeg  

Last edited by sechott; 04-09-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:35 AM

You need a shotgun. Remington 870
Old 04-09-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJY View Post
You need a shotgun. Remington 870
I forgot my my Mossy 500 persuader with heat shield. Somehow, I lost the front sight taking the heat shield off.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdaytona View Post
OK, I had to go look at my SKS just to see....how in the heck did your buddy manage that? There is a lot of gun between the back of that rod and soft tissue.
It was hilarious. He’s got one of the rattle trap Yugo models. I added getting hit in the junk as a theatrical embellishment! It is true that bullets were going out one way and the butt was dumping its contents at the same time. He picked it up for $100 and it was the source of great fun poking at him from many of us for the entire day. It sounded like a coffee can full of BB’s!
Old 04-09-2018, 07:53 AM

I bought my Chinese SKS ages ago for $99 and it has performed really well. No problems at all. I don't see how the cleaning rod would hit anyone either. But maybe other SKS's have that problem. But then that bayonet could be a problem, I can see people poking themselves or cutting themselves on it.

Yeah I was going to suggest a shotgun or two as well.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:31 AM

A semi auto .50 BMG would round things out nicely...
Old 04-09-2018, 08:33 AM

A sense of duty to the right of freedom against opressing rulers. The rest are tools.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:34 AM

To be "well regulated"?

Buy less guns, more ammo.

The man with one rifle that they can use effectively is better than the guy with a house full of guns that he can't shoot well.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:36 AM

Sounds like you're off to a great start. ARs are cute and all that, but you need a true battle rifle. Think PTR-91 or FAL or M1A for mag-fed. And, of course, every American should own a Garand. As for the G-XX thing, well, I'll keep my comments to myself!!!

Last edited by havanajim; 04-09-2018 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistema1927 View Post
T....
The man with one rifle that they can use effectively is better than the guy with a house full of guns that he can't shoot well.
True. But, damn, is he boring!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2018, 08:40 AM

When you get to be my age, fiber is more important than guns, ammo or equipment for my "regulation".
Old 04-09-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistema1927 View Post
To be "well regulated"?

Buy less guns, more ammo.

I’m working on skills too. Being member of the marksmanship team for Air Guard, we only have once a month training. It included the M9, M4 and a shotgun ( which hasn’t been introduced to us yet). Mostly just target shooting, but we also do drills. Running 100 yards, take a postition to shoot 3 rounds at first target, 1 round at second and 2 at third target or any combination. So we get the stress of running and remembering the order and how many rounds per target. No, it’s now cambat training, it does shows how much I lack in skill. I don’t need all those gun is true. A few are sentimental, a few are favorites and a few are for trading.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:28 AM

You have now opened yourself up to further scrutiny given your “Arsenal.” Not only are you “well-regulated” according to your fellow forum friends, but Uncle Sam will view you as not “regulated” enough. Bravo! Keep adding to your arsenal. You can never have enough guns or ammo. I am a little short and have some catching up to do. Thanks for the friendly reminder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechott View Post
I don’t feel quite “well regulated”. I think I’m missing something, please help.

.”

on the way home from the gun store, pick up some Metamucil......

..L.T.A.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:12 AM

A flame thrower could be useful.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:33 AM

There have been 19 posts and 311 lurking hits!

Just for those lurking and not quite sure what to make of this thread "a well regulated milita" by definition at the time meant the people were to be well armed and trained to defend against foreign nations and to protect our borders. This, based on the original notion that "there would be no standing army"!

The "regulars" were the people that stood with the Continental Army. Since there was no plan for a standing army the regulars would have had weapons at least equal to the perceived enemy. Many of the regulars had more advanced weapons than the Brits, French or Spanish.

The Founding Fathers would not be restricting "military style" weapons!

A. Hamilton was the guy that recognized the need for a navy and light houses for navigation aids.

Shoot often, shoot safe.........

P.S. Watch for a sale on RPG's!

Last edited by jjfitch; 04-09-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
A flame thrower could be useful.
Or a flame suit, I might need one.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:38 AM
1911 Aficionado

Quote:
Getting regulated is a lot of work and expensive.
Send a bill to the Governor?
Old 04-09-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Send a bill to the Governor?
If you knew our Governor, you’ll know why I’m still laughing.

Last edited by sechott; 04-09-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:48 AM

This is the 19X which o just brought home.
Attached Thumbnails
2FC5AC81-2D2C-4B28-9667-493233A83DC6.jpeg