PORTUS, steward at WH - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-07-2020, 12:19 PM
UncleEd UncleEd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,299
PORTUS, steward at WH

Reportedly the man/woman who has been
serving POTUS his meals has tested positive for
Covid 19.

Since neither the server nor the president
wore masks raises the question of
POTUS infection.

Since it reportedly takes about two weeks
for the symptoms of the virus to manifest,
I'm sure POTUS will be monitored very
carefully for the weeks to come.

Last edited by UncleEd; 05-07-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-07-2020, 12:20 PM
7.62Kolectr 7.62Kolectr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: On Guard.....
Posts: 5,549
Teflon Don, nothing sticks to him
__________________
http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
COTEP#782
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-07-2020, 01:05 PM
rkammer rkammer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleEd View Post
Reportedly the man/woman who has been
serving POTUS his meals has tested positive for Covid 19.
Not necessarily the person who serves him his meals. This is all that has been reported so far:

"The valet was a member of the military unit assigned to serve the White House, providing a variety of services for the West Wing, including catering and valet services. "

Let's be accurate in reporting what we hear or read, please.
__________________
Regards,
Ray K
Mount Dora, Florida
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 05-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Nitro.45 Nitro.45 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6,675
Good point, but I prefer to go along with the Teflon Don thing!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-07-2020, 05:18 PM
PolymerMan PolymerMan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
Teflon Don, nothing sticks to him
Agree. Also he was a big proponent of Hydroxychloroquine which some medical experts claimed could be used a 'prophylaxis' drug for doctors and nurses as a means of preventing catching the illness in places where the virus is prevalent. It allegedly prevent the virus from attaching to specific receptor sites in human tissue. Not proven, but there are those experts that claim there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that it behaves this way.

Although the use of Hydroxychloroquine as a preventative prophylaxis is not approved by the FDA its possible that some White House people including the president have been prescribed that under direct monitoring by a doctor. It is approved as an antimalarial drug, and a licensed medical doctor is free to prescribe it for non-label use. It may explain why Trump and Pence are so cavalier about not wearing a mask and so outspoken about that drug. They may feel a preventative drug could in fact be their biggest protection. There are some in the medical community that believe that Hydroxychloroquine is indeed a prophylaxis drug.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...296-6/fulltext
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2020, 01:24 PM
TRX302 TRX302 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkammer View Post
"The valet was a member of the military unit assigned to serve the White House, providing a variety of services for the West Wing, including catering and valet services. "
The operation of the White House is spread out among a bunch of different Federal agencies and departments. The US Navy has traditionally handled the kitchens, catering, and waitstaff.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-2020, 02:07 PM
magazineman magazineman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,292
So you rise to the very top but still get fed Military Food? Bummer!

I don't know what a "valet" is/does or how many are on staff, or how much direct contact they have, if any.

Because here at my castle I only have maids, man-servants, butlers, chauffeurs, assistants, and, of course, stewards on staff.

No valets, because THAT would just be silly.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2020, 02:58 PM
SC shooter SC shooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: In the pines
Age: 60
Posts: 1,385
I thought President Trump always ate at McDonald's.
__________________
I am a proud to be a member of the NRA, GOA, FPC and The 2nd Amendment Foundation
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2020, 04:34 PM
magazineman magazineman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,292
If I had only Navy cooks, I would too.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-18-2020, 04:06 PM
PolymerMan PolymerMan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Agree. Also he was a big proponent of Hydroxychloroquine which some medical experts claimed could be used a 'prophylaxis' drug for doctors and nurses as a means of preventing catching the illness in places where the virus is prevalent. It allegedly prevent the virus from attaching to specific receptor sites in human tissue. Not proven, but there are those experts that claim there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that it behaves this way.

Although the use of Hydroxychloroquine as a preventative prophylaxis is not approved by the FDA its possible that some White House people including the president have been prescribed that under direct monitoring by a doctor. It is approved as an antimalarial drug, and a licensed medical doctor is free to prescribe it for non-label use. It may explain why Trump and Pence are so cavalier about not wearing a mask and so outspoken about that drug. They may feel a preventative drug could in fact be their biggest protection. There are some in the medical community that believe that Hydroxychloroquine is indeed a prophylaxis drug.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...296-6/fulltext
HA!!!!

I was right. POTUS is taking hydroxychlororquine as a prophylaxis!!!!

Confirmed today.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/18/trum...infection.html
Quote:
He added: ďIím taking it, hydroxychlororquine. Right now, yeah. Couple of weeks ago, I started taking it. Cause I think itís good, Iíve heard a lot of good stories.Ē
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved