Do you personally know anyone with C19? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-23-2020, 10:39 PM

Do you personally know anyone with C19?

Do you personally know anyone with C19? First hand, a real person you know and they know you. No 2nd cousins, a guy at work knows a guy, etc.

if you do, what is their status? What was their health condition before c19? And what is their prognosis after being diagnosed with it?

There's 186K members here. That's a decent cross section of society, I'd say. I myself do not know anyone with it, and no one I know knows anyone first hand. There are reports of "someone in my company" having had it, even deaths, but no "Jane Doe who I have known for 20 years has it, was in the hospital 2 weeks, came out/died" stories.

Thank you for playing along with my very unscientific experiment here.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:48 PM

I do not.

Not one person nor do I know anyone that knows someone that has it.

Asymptomatic perhaps?
Old 04-23-2020, 10:58 PM

My daughter is a nurse practitioner in Portland. She caught it. Currently recovered. A number of her co workers got it. No data on their condition. It's a real thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2020, 11:31 PM

Yes. Three people. Ages from late teen(youngest) to 67 (oldest)
The youngest was quarantined at home along with her family, the oldest is on a ventilator in the hospital.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:30 AM

No I do not!

But off hand, I can think of a few people. That if they caught it and even died from it. I would not lose a whole lot of sleep over it. Just sayin.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:45 AM

Yes - My cousin, his wife and daughter. They had come to Atlanta to visit my uncle (his father) in late Feburary. Flew home to Colorado when they caught it, probably from the flight.

The cousin and his wife (both in thier 60's) and daughter (thirty-ish) self quarantined at their respective houses and are fully recovered from what I understand.

My niece is a nurse in Seattle and so far has been unaffected.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:29 AM

I personally know/knew 5 physicians, 1 nurse that died; and at least 6+ Other colleagues and 1 personal friend who contracted covid19 or were presumed positive that self quarantined and have since recovered.
It’s real.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:33 AM

One neighbor had it. She is 18 and just returned from a trip to Italy and Spain.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:39 AM
Banned

Hard to say. I recently had symptoms which very well could have been Covid and I self quarantined. My Daughter in laws mother recently passed a way at home from a heart attack. Not sure if they will ever test her or not.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:54 AM

I know one who got it and recovered. I know two who have it now.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:59 AM

All the "could have had it" and "might have had it" cases are not helping this situation.

The numbers are being falsified and pushed upwards by everyone from health care workers to politicians to the news media.

Even the Hollywood actors are using this as an excuse to get attention.

The number of ACTUAL COVID-19 cases is no more than the number of ordinary flu cases.

This is a very bad strain of the flu that is starting to pass as the weather warms up.

Heaven help us if a real disease ever hits this country.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:59 AM

At the rate we’re going in NJ, its going to be going on for a while...
Old 04-24-2020, 07:08 AM

I do not know anyone who has been diagnosed with it.

My wife and I have immediate family in South Florida, Alaska, Illinois, Colorado, Connecticut and France. Were in contact weekly and none of them have/had it that they know of either.

No implications of it not being real. My wife and I had a mild cold/flu in January. We may have had it. I believe MOST non medical profession people will never know if they get/had or have C19. Only those who get tested will know. And that is a pretty small number still.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:35 AM

Not yet... but none of my people have been tested. So?

My Mom is in a retirement community - they are on serious lockdown. We got a letter from the facility last week that says they had a COVID case in the same area she is in, but they can’t / won’t share specific details. So I pray she doesn’t catch it. We believe the staff is doing a great job. She appreciates their efforts and says they have been great.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:46 AM

My wife and I were contacted by the county COV19 Task Force about 3 weeks ago and were told we were in contact with a couple who tested positive. We were ordered to self isolate for 14 days.

Both people are very high risk due to age and overall health. Neither had outward signs of the virus except flu like symptoms when they were tested.

We were not tested! However we were very sick a 6 weeks before with flu like symptoms including terrible headache and vertigo/dizziness as well but it was before there was any talk about COV19!

We're fine and just practicing accepted protocols. I hope that we will eventually get tested for antibodies!

Smiles,
Old 04-24-2020, 08:50 AM

I had two aunts contract it. They both resided in a nursing home (roommates). One was 84 and the other 90, the 84 year old barely showed any symptoms the 90 year old died.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:57 AM

Yes,three people who are health care workers,they were all young or middle aged and had difficult fairly long recoveries. I think that what helped them was treatment was started very early after onset of symptoms
Old 04-24-2020, 10:21 AM

I have no first-hand knowledge of anyone with COV19; but with some 600 diagnosed in a population of 1,000,000, that's about 1 in 2000 in my locale. I don't think I know 2000 people...
Well, yes, I have a few guns...

Last edited by ambidextrous1; 04-24-2020 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-24-2020, 10:37 AM

No. I don't personally know anyone with it.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:53 AM

Yes one ....he was sick at home for 2.5 weeks, then his wife and child got it. All are recently recovered.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:47 AM

I had it four weeks ago. Of all the symptoms I had, the headaches were the worst. It took about a week before it was gone. I've survived worse diseases (Rocky Mountain spotted tick fever and bacterial meningitis to name two).
Old 04-24-2020, 11:48 AM

My little brother and his wife had it. Say it's like having ground glass in your lungs. They recovered. Ex-wife, a radiology tech working hospital got it bad but she recovered...took it home and whole household had it bad - but made it. No fun. Young client in 30s just died of it. Neighbor died of it. Up front and personal here. Charles Darwin is hard at work - don't be stupid...unless you already are and stupid is all you know then Mr. Darwin will see you now.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
At the rate we’re going in NJ, its going to be going on for a while...
They would have to make sure it was actually the Covid-19 virus (and not DuPont incinerator black lung) that killed you if you died in New Jersey though.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2020, 01:48 PM

Nope. Don't know of anyone who's been infected, or AFFECTED in any way.

But that doesn't mean it's not real.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:27 PM
Administrator

I have a friend that is just now recovering from a 3 week illness that was presumed to be the Wuhan virus.
I have a close 84yo family member that has tested positive, but hasn't developed any symptoms, and her housekeeper who is recovering and also tested positive.
I have a friend who is working in an ICU in Queens who has been dealing with severely ill patients with this.