2nd Amendment - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-30-2020, 06:59 PM

2nd Amendment

It’s pretty clear why we have the 2A. If you vote for any Democrap, you have manure for brains.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:27 PM

True... most of the looting, arson, rioting right now are in metropolitan areas run by Democrats.

Keep it locked and loaded. Civil disorder coming to a democrat cesspool near you.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:32 PM

Nothing says I care about my community more than looting rioting and arson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2020, 08:55 PM

Surprisingly the protests broke out in Dallas. But there not rioting or looting for obvious reasons. i think the texans would make em fertilizer.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2020, 05:13 AM

If you vote Democrap, you might as well don pink panties, black clothes, and join Pantifa.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:35 AM

One Dallas store owner stood his ground with a machete and got the living-crap beat out of him. I respect him for standing his ground, but he had no chance with that choice of weapon, that is why we have the Second Amendment!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 05-31-2020 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:54 AM

Early on in Minneapolis riots, there was a report of a business (gun store?) owner defending his place who shot and killed a possible looter. I haven’t heard anymore about it.

I neglected the obvious, credit 2A.

Last edited by Plantar5; 05-31-2020 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:18 AM

Does anyone here know how the law handles instances where the store owner shoots and kills a looter? I know in Va you can't shoot someone to protect your property. I guess if there isn't another way out of your store you could claim that you feared for your life and protected yourself, but I'm not sure how that would fly in areas control by liberals.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:24 AM
Administrator

I posted this one in General Discussion as well. Looks like Seattle police didn't do a good job securing the rifles in their cruisers. This one was recovered but a second one remains missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVAMUejexa0

And yes I'm sure it will be used by the anti-gun people as a reason why WE shouldn't be allowed to have AR-15s.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Early on in Minneapolis riots, there was a report of a business (gun store?) owner defending his place who shot and killed a possible looter. I haven’t heard anymore about it.

Theft of a firearm is more serious consequence i believe over normal property.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:38 PM

Depends on the state and county: I dearly love the precept that their theft of your property is your fault. Even knew of a guy in MI where they broke in and stole an old mauser and ammo and were too stupid to know it was for a different mauser - they prosecuted the homeowner when the moronic thief blew the gun up using it.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Blaster View Post
Does anyone here know how the law handles instances where the store owner shoots and kills a looter? I know in Va you can't shoot someone to protect your property. I guess if there isn't another way out of your store you could claim that you feared for your life and protected yourself, but I'm not sure how that would fly in areas control by liberals.
You make sure you arrange so that you have a reasonable fear of your life.

Be between the intruder and his most likely escape route.
If he approaches an armed man telling him what to do it will not take much to have a "reasonable fear."
Old 06-02-2020, 06:26 PM

There has been positive 2A publicity reported from examples scattered across the country..
The president mentioned it (protecting 2A) in front of st Johns church. Unlike, ‘Sleepy, shoot’em in the leg’ Biden.
The different examples of people and business owners defending and protecting themselves and their livelihoods. Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Ohio, California to name but a few.
Isn’t it refreshing to hear citizens with AR 15s and automatic weapons etc mentioned in a good light, which they were. WE here on the forum don’t need any reinforcement.
But, I think its good for the public who are indifferent or anti 2A to get a refresher course in reality as to why its there. ( defend against tyranny and anarchy).
Old 06-02-2020, 07:35 PM

It would not surprise me one bit that when the SHTF all these liberal anti 2A Aholes will be the first to cry for help.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post

Philadelphia. Another lib love nest.
Joe
Old 06-03-2020, 07:31 AM

The leadership in Dallas took a couple of days to get it together but they did. I don’t pass out well done lightly and by my nature skeptical of the liberals. This time for three evenings they have walked the walk. Our transplanted liberal DPD Chief’s attitude seemed to change in an instant when a brick was reported to have passed close to her head. The rioting, looting and damage has stopped. The protesters are staying inside the lines and times. A couple of evenings ago she told them if they attempted to cross one of our major thoroughfare bridges, they would be arrested. They did, she did. The reports say the number was BTN 200/300. To avoid the massive logistics of custody, the police recorded the folks and dispatched them. The misdemeanor obstruction of traffic citations will find them. I found it humorous one interviewed detainee said the police were on both ends of the bridge and they (protestors) had no place to go! She told them the bridge was off limits, next night they were on sidewalks. They did have an option on the bridge....there was always DOWN! Well I think it’s funny. The actions of our collective local police, state LE and some guard prevented civilians from being forced to take action. I send my thanks to all who helped keep me out of the mix. The criminal element of the riots should thank the LE. The civilian residential folks here work with zero tolerance to destruction. Our laws are very property friendly.

Last edited by STORM2; 06-03-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:08 PM

Doesn't matter that we have it, if our "elected" officials neutralize it

Noticed by no one, on May 31st the West Palm Beach mayor banned the sale or transfer of guns and ammo. And prohibited carry.

Quote:
Therefore, he declared a State of Local Emergency which bans “the sale of, or offer to sell, with or without consideration, any ammunition or gun or other firearm of any size of [sic] description.”

His declaration also bans “the intentional display by or in any store or shop of any ammunition or gun or other firearm of any size or description.”

James’ declaration also bans law-abiding citizens from carrying guns in public places for self-defense.
Full article:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...se-to-rioters/

It baffles me that this didn't hit the NRA-ILA and GOA sites. I find it very odd.

I don't live in WPB, and if I did I would ignore their little tantrum and carry on as always. Let me get this straight: He's banning the legal carry of firearms in a time when the chances you'll need it are truly present.

Petty tyrant, right there. Perfect example of one that needs to be ousted at the next election. Or tarred and feathered by the patriots of West Palm Beach (If WPB has any, that is.)

This November. There better be a red landslide at every level, from town dogcatcher to President.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 06-03-2020, 05:55 PM

And, it baffles me that he got away with it.. Amazing.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:09 PM

Meanwhile, in other places..

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ne...borhoods-safe/
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 06-04-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
Theft of a firearm is more serious consequence i believe over normal property.

In Virginia theft of a gun is a felony no matter the value of the gun stolen.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Blaster View Post
You can't shoot someone who is stealing property, (ie, crook in your driveway, stealing your car.) That's the law in MOST states.

VA does not have Castle law, but you CAN use deadly force to PREVENT an intruder from entering, if you reasonable believe that the intruder will cause death or great bodily harm. Once the intruder is inside, normal rules of self defense apply.

VA IS a Stand-Your-Ground state though! If you're inside your store and someone breaks in or tries to set it on fire, you CAN shoot them! You don't need to retreat.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Frank Lloyd Wright
Old 06-05-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax View Post
You can't shoot someone who is stealing property, (ie, crook in your driveway, stealing your car.) That's the law in MOST states.

VA does not have Castle law, but you CAN use deadly force to PREVENT an intruder from entering, if you reasonable believe that the intruder will cause death or great bodily harm. Once the intruder is inside, normal rules of self defense apply.

VA IS a Stand-Your-Ground state though! If you're inside your store and someone breaks in or tries to set it on fire, you CAN shoot them! You don't need to retreat.
We have no need for a statute Castle Law or a staturte 'Stand your ground' law.

They are BOTH deeply embedded in our case law.
Many of the cases having been appealed to the State Supreme Court.

Until the early 1970s we had NO 'Court of Appeals.'
Appeals from Circuit Court went directly to the state Supreme Court.
"The Virginia Gun Owner's Guide" has all the details of the applicable case law.

Killing in self defense can be either "Justifiable" or "Excusable" depending on the circumstances.

Mostly dealing with the level of interaction with the person that has been killed.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:34 AM

Hope and pray I never have a need to test this but at present Texas allows deadly force to protect property if the crime is still in progress, at least that's my understanding. Have seen numerous news articles over the years that would support this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintessetialman View Post
Hope and pray I never have a need to test this but at present Texas allows deadly force to protect property if the crime is still in progress, at least that's my understanding. Have seen numerous news articles over the years that would support this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
If you live in Texas and don't know the law then you better figure it out REAL quick.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenGrunt View Post
If you live in Texas and don't know the law then you better figure it out REAL quick.
Nonsense.

Judges and lawyers argue constantly about what the laws say.
And they change sometimes.

However...
Skip down to chapter 5 - Self Defense and Castle Doctrine.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67...4.pdf#page=139

Quote:
In 2007, the Eightieth Legislature expanded the Castle Doctrine and stand-your
ground law with Senate Bill (S.B.) 378.9 S.B. 378 created a presumption of reasonableness
with respect to an actor's belief that force was immediately necessary to protect the actor
from another's use or attempted use of unlawful force as long as three conditions existed:

he knew or had reason to believe the person whom force was used against was engaged in
one of the unlawful acts listed in the statute,

he did not provoke the person whom force was used against,

and he wasn't otherwise engaged in criminal activity.

S.B. 378 specifically stated that an actor had no duty to retreat if attacked in a place where he
had a right to be present, as long as the actor didn't provoke the attack and wasn't otherwise
engaged in criminal activity at the time force was used.

On March 27, 2007, Governor Rick Perry signed S.B. 378 into law; it expanded
Texans' self-defense rights by no longer requiring a person to retreat while acting in
self-defense.

10 Texans were given the right to use force, including deadly force, to protect their homes,
vehicles, and places of business or employment when an intruder was unlawfully entering or
attempting to enter one of these locations.

In addition, the
use of force or deadly force became permissible if an actor was attempting to remove
someone from the actor's home, vehicle, place of business or employment by force.
There is a lot more there....

Straight talk from the Penal Code:

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D...htm/PE.9.htm#D

Last edited by cavelamb; 06-08-2020 at 06:46 PM.