ATF Alert... - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-30-2020, 08:38 AM
RoverGuy RoverGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 56
Posts: 106
ATF Alert...

I have my FFL-03 (C&R) license and got this e-mail alert this morning:

"This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Possible civil dispute in our area may result in looting of businesses. The ATF reminds you to remain vigilant and to take appropriate steps to secure both your firearms inventory and your required records. Please report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at 888-930-9275 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen or if you are a victim of an attempted burglary of your business."

Kind of surprised me and at first thought it was some kind of scam e-mail, but the address is usdoj.gov. Anyone else get this?
__________________
Mike P.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-30-2020, 09:49 AM
kwo51 kwo51 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,715
Seems like the guy protecting his pawn shop was doing good .
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-30-2020, 10:38 AM
armabill armabill is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Glenolden, Pa. USA
Age: 75
Posts: 651
C&R License is not a business.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 05-30-2020, 11:42 AM
RoverGuy RoverGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 56
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by armabill View Post
C&R License is not a business.
That's what caught my attention. Then I just figured they sent it to every FFL holder, regardless of -01 or -03.
__________________
Mike P.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-30-2020, 11:49 AM
buck460XVR buck460XVR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 'ell if I know
Posts: 991
Sounds like a reaction to the Minneapolis thing. That crap is gettin' outta hand.
__________________
Guns are like Harleys and Women. You can never have too many.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-30-2020, 12:13 PM
SC shooter SC shooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: In the pines
Age: 60
Posts: 1,385
I don't think the Law enforcement in Georgia will allow a second burning of Atlanta but I would have thought it to be highly ironic if the CNN building was burnt to the ground last night.
Maybe the protesters think CNN is full of BS too.
__________________
I am a proud to be a member of the NRA, GOA, FPC and The 2nd Amendment Foundation
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-30-2020, 03:39 PM
PolymerMan PolymerMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC shooter View Post
I don't think the Law enforcement in Georgia will allow a second burning of Atlanta but I would have thought it to be highly ironic if the CNN building was burnt to the ground last night.
Maybe the protesters think CNN is full of BS too.
Aah!!!... couldn't happen to a more leftist commie organization. No sympathy from me. They reap the seeds of discontent that they sow.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-30-2020, 03:47 PM
GaBoy45 GaBoy45 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC shooter View Post
I don't think the Law enforcement in Georgia will allow a second burning of Atlanta but I would have thought it to be highly ironic if the CNN building was burnt to the ground last night.
Maybe the protesters think CNN is full of BS too.

Wouldnít have happened the first time if the Mayor hadnít told APD to stand down and make the governor call in State agencies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-30-2020, 03:48 PM
GaBoy45 GaBoy45 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverGuy View Post
I have my FFL-03 (C&R) license and got this e-mail alert this morning:

"This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Possible civil dispute in our area may result in looting of businesses. The ATF reminds you to remain vigilant and to take appropriate steps to secure both your firearms inventory and your required records. Please report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at 888-930-9275 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen or if you are a victim of an attempted burglary of your business."

Kind of surprised me and at first thought it was some kind of scam e-mail, but the address is usdoj.gov. Anyone else get this?

The ATF does a mass email to all FFL owners anytime this happens. Two stores I work at get them all the time. Our local agent told us this. He calls personally a lot of times with anything like that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-30-2020, 04:04 PM
SC shooter SC shooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: In the pines
Age: 60
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy45 View Post
Wouldnít have happened the first time if the Mayor hadnít told APD to stand down and make the governor call in State agencies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was referring to Sherman's march as the first burning.
__________________
I am a proud to be a member of the NRA, GOA, FPC and The 2nd Amendment Foundation
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-30-2020, 04:07 PM
GaBoy45 GaBoy45 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC shooter View Post
I was referring to Sherman's march as the first burning.

Gotcha. Iím running on fumes after mandatory OT. Not the best time to write posts.
It hasnít been right since that one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-02-2020, 05:49 AM
Flight Medic's Avatar
Flight Medic Flight Medic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,701
I have my 03, I didnt receive any email.
__________________
SAVE OUR COUNTRY - VOTE TRUMP 2020
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-02-2020, 06:23 AM
Plantar5 Plantar5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 6,756
I guess this guy got the email..

https://6abc.com/man-fatally-shot-at...-shop/6226476/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-02-2020, 07:08 AM
Nitro.45 Nitro.45 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Aah!!!... couldn't happen to a more leftist commie organization. No sympathy from me. They reap the seeds of discontent that they sow.
Theyíre too stupid to realize they just burned their mother ship!
Just a bunch of moron sheep, half of which donít even know why they are out there. Funny how Antifa disappears after the fuse is lit and the stupid comes out in everybody......notice the age group......again.....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-02-2020, 07:12 AM
Nitro.45 Nitro.45 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Yup, and so did the guy protecting his liquor store in Santa Monica with an AR. Him and his buddies managed to dissuade looting from all the stores on the block. And some people say a show of arms isnít prudent........
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved