Kentucky Gun rights advocates spark outrage - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 02:31 PM

It is kind of like showing up for a job interview in your gym clothes.

Sure you can do it if you want to, as that is your right.

However do you really think that will help you land the job?

Old 05-27-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
I'll wait while someone explains exactly what was gained by hanging the governor's likeness in effigy.

What message was sent that couldn't have been sent in a more respectful manner.

What negative message was sent,???

Did the positives outweigh the negatives???
I'm not worried about being respectful at this point. We're way past that.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Sure you can do it if you want to, as that is your right.

However do you really think that will help you land the job?

They're not going to listen no matter what. May as well let 'em know we're pissed off.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:10 PM

The ones that already have their minds made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
They're not going to listen no matter what. May as well let 'em know we're pissed off.
They are not the people that you need to concern yourself with. It is the fence sitters and the undecideds that are the decisive factor. And you are not likely to convert many over to your way of thinking, by acting like an idiot.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:27 PM

Did someone mention Job-Interview? He looks retired to me, can't you see how much he is enjoying himself, that is a sure sign :-).
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 05-27-2020, 03:35 PM

CV9 has changed a lot of hearts and minds. American's now see Fascism on full display. Yep, they could have seen it sooner, but it is like anything else. Now that these excessive laws are impacting so many (directly) they will be movement away from Lefty-Life by many (or at least by the fence sitters in the middle). The laws made some sense (arguably) before we hit the peak, but they make no sense now. Peoples well being, dignity, and health are impacted by keeping the economy closed well above and far exceeding the virus from this point on...One report stated 80% of the deaths was 60+, so focus on helping them stay safe. Teach them how to wear a mask and gloves, and stay the heck home if you are not willing to do so. I fall in this category and I take precautions I need to take, but it disgust's me that people think to protect 60+ we have to destroy the lives of people "59-". That is NOT America!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 05-27-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
The positives are the people were exercising two of their fundamental inalienable rights by one bearing arms and two freely expressing themselves.

That is the purpose of freedom, it may be offensive to some but you’re still free to do it.
With that freedom comes responsibility.
That concept is lost on most Americans.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
With that freedom comes responsibility.

That concept is lost on most Americans.
Which Americans are we talking about? The responsible ones that gain so much ground by protesting without the effigy stuff? The more polite we are, the more they exploit that and use it against us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
They are not the people that you need to concern yourself with. It is the fence sitters and the undecideds that are the decisive factor. And you are not likely to convert many over to your way of thinking, by acting like an idiot.
But the left is going to convince them with their completely reasonable behavior? You pay way too much attention to believe that. The left will not convince anybody who is sane, and paying attention.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:01 PM

Wake up people. They've shuttered schools, business and churches. All while leaving planned parenthood open, and we let 'em do it. After which, they held up federal aid to make sure they payed their handlers, and themselves.... naturally. They're lying to us daily and censoring any truth that comes out. Now, they're maybe, possibly letting us do things that they had no Constitutional authority to take away in the first place. Last but not least, they're pushing policies and laws that will force mail in voting, virtually guaranteeing fraud and a clean sweep of both branches. All while we stand back and bitch that "you can't do that!" They just did, what are we going to do about it?

You think I give a crap if anybody is offended by an effigy? As if I'm supposed to take any of their outrage seriously anyway? Since when is any of their outrage genuine?

Last edited by jamiesaun; 05-27-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:29 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Wake up people. They've shuttered schools, business and churches. All while leaving planned parenthood open, and we let 'em do it. After which, they held up federal aid to make sure they payed their handlers, and themselves.... naturally. They're lying to us daily and censoring any truth that comes out. Now, they're maybe, possibly letting us do things that they had no Constitutional authority to take away in the first place. Last but not least, they're pushing policies and laws that will force mail in voting, virtually guaranteeing fraud and a clean sweep of both branches. All while we stand back and bitch that "you can't do that!" They just did, what are we going to do about it?

You think I give a crap if anybody is offended by an effigy? As if I'm supposed to take any of their outrage seriously anyway? Since when is any of their outrage genuine?

Solid!
Old 05-27-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Solid!
Thank you. Occasionally I hit the mark.

But really, what are we supposed to do? If we don't do something, and fast, we may actually face what we've all been worried about. They're not doing the thousand cut thing anymore, they smell blood. But I don't know what to do either.

The whole soap box, ballot box, ammo box thing. Which one are we at?
Old 05-27-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
You didn't answer the questions.

If the message was to further 2A rights, how did hanging the governor's likeness in effigy promote that right?

Can you think of a more respectful and productive way to promote that right?
Maybe you missed the message as it wasn’t intended to further 2A rights? The gathering was initially to promote 2A rights but the effigy hanging was specifically meant to be a protest against the continuing draconian lockdown measures being taken by their governor. The message was they are fed up.
COTEP#782
Old 05-27-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I'm not worried about being respectful at this point. We're way past that.
All due respect, but wrong. We should never be past the point of respect, even with those we don't agree with.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:44 PM

This is correct.

Quote:
The left will not convince anybody who is sane, and paying attention.

But neither will anybody else with half a brain be convinced by people acting like a bunch of idiots. You have to have a better play book. We did pretty well in January up in Richmond. And this without a lot of wholescale bandstanding by a bunch of ding dongs hanging people in effigy.

Some knuckleheads tried that up in Charlottesville the year before. It did not do us all much good in the long run.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
Maybe you missed the message as it wasn’t intended to further 2A rights? The gathering was initially to promote 2A rights but the effigy hanging was specifically meant to be a protest against the continuing draconian lockdown measures being taken by their governor. The message was they are fed up.
You should ask the guy in the picture about how fed up he is now since his employer fired him today. I don't care how fed up you are. There are a million better ways to get your point across that are:

A. More effective, and

B. Won't alienate the very people you're trying to convince.

However.....the rule stands. Do stupid things, win stupid prizes. That guy hit the lottery for stupid. Now he'll likely lose his home. But hooray for him......he was fed up.... What a Dumbass.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:48 PM

Absolutely correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livefreeanddie View Post
All due respect, but wrong. We should never be past the point of respect, even with those we don't agree with.
It is important to keep control of the high moral ground. If push comes to shove and other tactics are required. Then so be it. But letting these leftist radicals be seen as the degenerates that they are is important. At least as important as it is for us to show that we are above animal like behavior.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:10 PM

I'm in Kentucky. It was a sad day indeed when baby Brashear was elected over Matt Bevin.
Baby B is a huge a$$hat of the first order & his "shut down the state because I want to protect you" was BS from the beginning.

I'm happy that some of us started fighting back. The only problem I have with hanging in effigy was....they didn't set fire to the sumbeeitch.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

US Army Engineers 1976-1982.
MY 1911's - Norinco 5", Rock Island CS GI, Springfield Loaded Parkerized.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:14 PM

It would be more respectful of the People to hang him for real, and productive as well.

After all, there are food shortages.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
But neither will anybody else with half a brain be convinced by people acting like a bunch of idiots. You have to have a better play book. We did pretty well in January up in Richmond. And this without a lot of wholescale bandstanding by a bunch of ding dongs hanging people in effigy.

Some knuckleheads tried that up in Charlottesville the year before. It did not do us all much good in the long run.
The battle lines have been drawn for a long time now. Nobody is switching sides and I don't believe in fence sitters. Ever met any? I'm betting probably not too many. Common freaking sense won't convince anybody, so unfortunately, neither will peaceful rallies. Well done in Richmond, don't get me wrong here, it had some effect, for now. So that's good. But you changed no minds my friend. Those rallies are more than what I'm doing about it, so there is that.

Point is, we're completely letting the left control the narrative, just like we always do. Instead of striking fear in the tyrants, were arguing over a stupid statue thingy, just like they want us to.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:25 PM

This forum really needs a like button
Old 05-27-2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
This forum really needs a like button
You’ll have it soon enough...
COTEP#782
Old 05-27-2020, 11:21 PM

Actually you are incorrect on a very keen point.

Quote:
But you changed no minds my friend. Those rallies are more than what I'm doing about it, so there is that.

Point is, we're completely letting the left control the narrative, just like we always do. Instead of striking fear in the tyrants, were arguing over a stupid statue thingy, just like they want us to.
We actually did change the minds of some very important people. These being the state legislature. As a direct result of the huge participation in the lobby day rallies in Richmond in January. By their own admission, a number of members of the state legislature changed their minds about voting to pass some really onerous laws this year.

More recently through our efforts. Largely promoted without the use of low brow sensationalist drama. Like effigy hangings and such. We have more recently flipped the city council in two of our larger cities to the bright side.

At this point here at least in the commonwealth. The communists are not controlling the narrative. They were seriously thwarted in their attempt to do earlier this year. We managed to accomplish this largely by playing it right. With little need for low brow theatrics. I think that this will serve us well going forward.

One might consider that there are certain bad actors in this game that would be very well served by having civil rights supporters undermined by childish displays. Think about it.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
The battle lines have been drawn for a long time now. Nobody is switching sides and I don't believe in fence sitters. Ever met any? I'm betting probably not too many. Common freaking sense won't convince anybody, so unfortunately, neither will peaceful rallies. Well done in Richmond, don't get me wrong here, it had some effect, for now. So that's good. But you changed no minds my friend. Those rallies are more than what I'm doing about it, so there is that.

The posts that you have made in this thread have been pretty much spot on.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:48 AM

I agree, that few change their mins without some "external" stimulus which might induce them to do so...But with the proper stimulus it does happen sometimes.

For Politicians of the so call moderate flavor, that could mean a perception that they may loose votes and their seat.

For non-politicians in the middle, that usually takes to form of some life threatening and changing event. E.g., someone might become more religious after they have a near death experience or a lousy life threatening medical diagnoses...In the context of 2A, a mind-changer for the fence sitters might be getting held up at gun point, or having your house robbed (whether one is home or not)...And I do believe the CV9-fascism going on in the Lefty states qualifies for this category and will indeed get some fence sitters and moderate left to re-examine the ideology they have supported or at least tolerated. Why now? Because the Lefty-Fascism has come home to them and has an impact on their daily lives in a very direct and obvious way. The dots have been connected for them and they have felt the impact...
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 05-28-2020 at 05:13 AM.