Anyone else noticing the growing divide between Governors and the POTUS - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
...States should receive Federal Monies based on needs alone. That pOTUS does or doesn't like certain governor's shouldn't mean squat. Anyone is free to criticize pOTUS or any other elected official. Is pOTUS so thin skinned that he takes criticism to heart and his revenge is skipping over the states governed by libs and doleing out favors to states governed by Repubs?? Gee....how childish can the leader of the Free World get?. Does he not realize there are supporters of his in all states?
This! Time to stop thinking always in terms of liberals vs. conservatives
or Dems vs. Republicans. The health of all Americans is what is important.

The federal government has the power to buy equitably distribute supplies
according to local health needs. Sadly, this kind of planning apparently
has not happened and the governors of both parties have to scramble,
making deals when and where they can to get those health supplies.

A month or more ago the Defense Powers Act should have been invoked
to get companies to start making the necessary medical supplies and NOT
rely on China or other foreign entitities to fill the needs.

Last edited by UncleEd; 04-18-2020 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Which in my view, shouldn't have to happen. States should receive Federal Monies based on needs alone. That pOTUS does or doesn't like certain governor's shouldn't mean squat. Anyone is free to criticize pOTUS or any other elected official. Is pOTUS so thin skinned that he takes criticism to heart and his revenge is skipping over the states governed by libs and doleing out favors to states governed by Repubs?? Gee....how childish can the leader of the Free World get?. Does he not realize there are supporters of his in all states?
You’re right, but the sausage factory is alive and well in DC. POTUS is thin skinned, and the liberals know that too. Cuomo right now is front and center with the pissing contest with Trump. Obama was thinned skinned also, he just wasn’t criticized as much (except for Hannity..).
Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I wish I had the off switch for T’s microphone , but We have never had a president that has to fight and defend every word out of his mouth, and everytime the liberal media lies or ignores the good that has come out of this administration.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:19 AM

Federal authority vs. states rights.

I worry that because the POTUS flip flopped on saying he has the final word on reopening businesses and then says it's up to the Governors, the liberal media will seize on that.

We are all Americans, Demicans and Republicrats alike. As our CO used to remind us, "We succeed as a unit."
Old 04-18-2020, 07:47 AM

Well, since a bunch of these governors got their undies in a wad because “T” said he had ultimate power, perhaps a nice PSA is in order. POTUS has adopted the mentality of slowly opening this country back up for the sake of the economy. Many are pushing back just to push back. Cuomo and his asshat statement “I’m not going to do anything he says” is total BS! The announcement should squarely lay the economic responsibility of those states on their governors. Point them out, make the public look to the guy in charge of the state and hold them accountable. No one has EVER said to load the subways with millions of people tomorrow afternoon! These jerk Democrap governors are trying to act like heroes. They will go down like fools. Slow is the course, let’s get this machine running again........even if it means burning a few governors mansions in the process!
Old 04-18-2020, 09:27 AM

POTUS is doing great...He was wize to hold these daily press conferences to keep the record straight and counter the fake news. No wonder so many on the left, and even a few Rhino's called for him to stop them a few weeks ago.

Anyone with half a brain can see POTUS' Leadership in Spades...He has reached the perfect balance of Federal vs State control. The Governors can take a bow for their individual states. So what, this isn't going to make one iota of difference. POTUS and his team takes the most important bow, like 50X more important.

And Sleepy Joe takes no Bow...Although the Left establishment continues to push the narrative of every CV9 death is on "Trump" it is not sticking, not even a little...POTUS has cemented his role as the leader of this country to bring us out of the CV9 mess. He has also cemented a humongous landslide in November (even more so then before CV9 came here).

Once again, politically, POTUS has outsmarted the Left. He knows how to win, and he backs it up with hard work and most importantly RESULTS!

He even exceeded my already high expectation's on his CV9 Leadership and response.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 04-18-2020 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:12 AM

Amen Brother!
Old 04-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleEd View Post
This! Time to stop thinking always in terms of liberals vs. conservatives
or Dems vs. Republicans. The health of all Americans is what is important.

The federal government has the power to buy equitably distribute supplies
according to local health needs. Sadly, this kind of planning apparently
has not happened and the governors of both parties have to scramble,
making deals when and where they can to get those health supplies.

A month or more ago the Defense Powers Act should have been invoked
to get companies to start making the necessary medical supplies and NOT
rely on China or other foreign entitities to fill the needs.
Quote:
Which in my view, shouldn't have to happen. States should receive Federal Monies based on needs alone. That pOTUS does or doesn't like certain governor's shouldn't mean squat. Anyone is free to criticize pOTUS or any other elected official. Is pOTUS so thin skinned that he takes criticism to heart and his revenge is skipping over the states governed by libs and doleing out favors to states governed by Repubs?? Gee....how childish can the leader of the Free World get?. Does he not realize there are supporters of his in all states?
JC turned water into wine....that's an easier trick than making PPE's and ventilators in the US when China controls so many of the components.

All this Kumbaya chatter sounds great until you're the guy responsible for actually getting something done.

Example

There are serious questions about whether we can actually produce functional quantities of critical pharmaceuticals in this country. We may make the pills in this country but the active ingredients in those pills come from overseas.

We suffered such a huge brain drain when Big Pharma retired/laid off 10's of thousands of research/production chemists when they moved production to China we may not have the human capital to actually produce functional amounts of anything without first taking years rebuilding those human resources.

Many of the physical production plants were razed when production was moved to China.

In such a case the Defense Powers Act may in fact be useless other than as a political weapon against POTUS.

You may choose to close your eyes to the fact that Democrats and the media declared all out war on the duly elected POTUS. Nothing has deterred them from that goal for 3.5 years and nothing will going forward. Our republic and each of us as individuals is completely expendable. The Dems and the media will never allow the important questions and answers to be addressed.

PS....I never heard of a single example where available relief was withheld due to a governor's political party. Fact is somebody should ask Governor Cuomo how his non essential brother rated getting a test when tests were not yet available for front line medical personnel.

Last edited by Barefootdog; 04-18-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootdog View Post
JC turned water into wine....that's an easier trick than making PPE's and ventilators in the US when China controls so many of the components.

All this Kumbaya chatter sounds great until you're the guy responsible for actually getting something done.

Example

There are serious questions about whether we can actually produce functional quantities of critical pharmaceuticals in this country. We may make the pills in this country but the active ingredients in those pills come from overseas.

We suffered such a huge brain drain when Big Pharma retired/laid off 10's of thousands of research/production chemists when they moved production to China we may not have the human capital to actually produce functional amounts of anything without first taking years rebuilding those human resources.

Many of the physical production plants were razed when production was moved to China.

In such a case the Defense Powers Act may in fact be useless other than as a political weapon against POTUS.

You may choose to close your eyes to the fact that Democrats and the media declared all out war on the duly elected POTUS. Nothing has deterred them from that goal for 3.5 years and nothing will going forward. Our republic and each of us as individuals is completely expendable.
If you read some of my other posts, you'll find that I have railed against offshore outsourcing for many years. You're not telling me anything that I haven't known for decades WRT Corporate America selling out the country and our capabilities for $$$.

I remember Hillary crying at the time of Slick Willie's Impeachment that it was "All a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy". And now we hear the same cry from pOTUS that "It's All the Left Wing Liberal Media's Attempting to Overturn the Election". LMAO.... Pot....meet Kettle!!!

pOTUS's problems with the media are all of his own doing. No one forces him to say the things he says or to tweet the things he tweets. Say Stupid Things, Win Stupid Prizes. Id'a thought someone who graduated "At the Top of His Class" could figure that out.
Old 04-18-2020, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you read some of my other posts, you'll find that I have railed against offshore outsourcing for many years. You're not telling me anything that I haven't known for decades WRT Corporate America selling out the country and our capabilities for $$$.

I remember Hillary crying at the time of Slick Willie's Impeachment that it was "All a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy". And now we hear the same cry from pOTUS that "It's All the Left Wing Liberal Media's Attempting to Overturn the Election". LMAO.... Pot....meet Kettle!!!

pOTUS's problems with the media are all of his own doing. No one forces him to say the things he says or to tweet the things he tweets. Say Stupid Things, Win Stupid Prizes. Id'a thought someone who graduated "At the Top of His Class" could figure that out.
You mean the same guy who doesn't want anyone to see his actual grades. The self proclaimed genius. LOL
Old 04-18-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Looks like Joe Biden has your vote.
Old 04-18-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:

pOTUS's problems with the media are all of his own doing.
No one forces him to say the things he says or to tweet the things he tweets. Say Stupid Things, Win Stupid Prizes. Id'a thought someone who graduated "At the Top of His Class" could figure that out.
LOL, you don't (really) believe that...The media always (meaning my life-time) hated Republican Presidents, just some worse than others. The media is far-left of center, now so far more than ever.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 04-18-2020, 02:35 PM

As far as playing fair with all Gov's independent of party, give me a break, POTUS has given way more to NYC than any other place...Facts do matter!

Here is the political conclusion from CV9:

1) Those who always loved POTUS will love him more because of his outstanding Crises-Leadership.
2) Those who always hated POTUS will hate him more due to an inability to see any good in him, ever, driven by extreme bias.
3) Those in the middle will also recognize what POTUS is doing to defeat CV9 and will vote for him in November.

Could anyone imagine how F'ed things would be right now with CV9 if Sleepy-Joe or Lazy-O'boma were at the helm?
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 04-18-2020 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 02:49 PM

BTW, POTUS has been far too "fair" as far as I am concerned, he has been praising Gov Murphy left and right as working hard. Cheeze, I cringe when he says that, I want Gov. M. defeated in a few years here in NJ.

POTUS will go after a republican just as fast if he senses irresponsibility and laziness...POTuS is likely the fairest "Politician" who ever lived in this country.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 04-18-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
You mean the same guy who doesn't want anyone to see his actual grades. The self proclaimed genius. LOL
I assume you're talking about Barack Hussein Obama who has his entire educational record from K through Harvard grad scrubbed including any papers he wrote for advanced degrees....I agree it's shameful.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
I assume you're talking about Barack Hussein Obama who has his entire educational record from K through Harvard grad scrubbed including any papers he wrote for advanced degrees....I agree it's shameful.
No. I''m actually talking about the current Potus who's trying to claim he's a genius.

Funny but the true geniuses I remember through history never needed to do that.

I don't ever remember that being a political thing either. You were either a genius or you weren't but no one smart enough to be one ever needed to tell people they were. But then again most geniuses weren't political because they were scientists and the like.

Last edited by Dddrees; 04-18-2020 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:

See...the problem you have is that Slick Willie was guilty....the head of the corporation was getting head from an employee while (reportedly) on the phone with a middle eastern leader. See...in today's world you're not allowed to pork the office staff.....when you compound the offense by lying under oath you get impeached and your ability to practice law revoked....because good old Bill was guilty. Bill has a long history of sexual abuse and rape allegations....and Hilary has never once done anything other than call the accusers white trash deserving of the rape and abuse.

Why in the world you would throw in with this low life garbage is beyond me. Republican or Democrat doesn't matter. King or beggar doesn't matter. Low life garbage does matter.

That being said I'm sure Bill is a perfectly personable guy...Probably great company to have have a beer with and share a few stories. Bet he's got some doozies.

Hilary?....not so much....she's driven herself crazy with greed for power and avarice for the office of POTUS. She's constantly self revealing as corrupt, incompetent and insane.

Last edited by Barefootdog; 04-18-2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
LOL, you don't (really) believe that...The media always (meaning my life-time) hated Republican Presidents, just some worse than others. The media is far-left of center, now so far more than ever.
There's no doubt that most media outlets lean left. But Trump's troubles start with the stupid stuff that comes out of his mouth. He's used to being the HMFIC in his own organization. As pOTUS, he's not. He's 1 leg of a 3 legged stool. And it eats at his soul. So he says stuff like "having total authority" and the media has a field day with it. He literally makes his own problems. If he would just STFU and govern, he would meet a lot less resistance. But he literally cannot help himself. Every day, the country wakes up to a childish tweet storm, where Trump feels slighted by (insert stupid reason here)...tweets some infantile rant, the media has a ball with it, and tomorrow we rinse and repeat. If it weren't such a distraction from what the administration SHOULD be doing, it would be downright comical.

And be honest with yourself Had Obama woke up one day and proclaimed himself as having "Total Authority", ....Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly .....their heads would have exploded in rage at such an utterance. I know I woulda been pissed about it and so would you.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
See...the problem you have is that Slick Willie was guilty....the head of the corporation was getting head from an employee while (reportedly) on the phone with a middle eastern leader. See...in today's world you're not allowed to pork the office staff.....when you compound the offense by lying under oath you get impeached and your ability to practice law revoked....because good old Bill was guilty. Bill has a long history of sexual abuse and rape allegations....and Hilary has never once done anything other than call the accusers white trash deserving of the rape and abuse.

Why in the world you would throw in with this low life garbage is beyond me.....
Me??? Throw in with Clinton?? Hardly. I've never voted for a D in all of my 60 yrs on this Earth.

What I am is an equal opportunity critic. I don't care what a politician's party is.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
No. I''m actually talking about the current Potus who's trying to claim he's a genius.

Funny but the true geniuses I remember through history never needed to do that.

I don't ever remember that being a political thing either. You were either a genius or you weren't but no one smart enough to be one ever needed to tell people they were. But then again most geniuses weren't political because they were scientists and the like.
Being a genius and self promoting are two different skill sets.....doing both at the same time is very satisfying. That being said this self promoting genius has to go mow the lawn and weed the shrub beds so I can go shooting tomorrow. Have a good weekend...You too TRSOtto....Have a good week end.

Last edited by Barefootdog; 04-18-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Being a genius and self promoting are two different skill sets.....doing both at the same time is very satisfying. That being said this self promoting genius has to go mow the lawn and weed the shrub beds so I can go shooting tomorrow. Have a good weekend...You too TRSOtto....Have a good week end.
Enjoy. I'm sitting here picking on one of my guitars.
Old 04-18-2020, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
You as well.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:15 PM

[Deleted]

Last edited by Butthead; 04-18-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:38 PM

I appreciate the work that President Trump, VP Pence, and the team they have assembled, have done so far. At the same time, I think that there is much truth to be found here: https://patriotpost.us/alexander/699...ery-2020-04-15
Old 04-18-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
There's no doubt that most media outlets lean left. But Trump's troubles start with the stupid stuff that comes out of his mouth. He's used to being the HMFIC in his own organization. As pOTUS, he's not. He's 1 leg of a 3 legged stool. And it eats at his soul. So he says stuff like "having total authority" and the media has a field day with it. He literally makes his own problems. If he would just STFU and govern, he would meet a lot less resistance. But he literally cannot help himself. Every day, the country wakes up to a childish tweet storm, where Trump feels slighted by (insert stupid reason here)...tweets some infantile rant, the media has a ball with it, and tomorrow we rinse and repeat. If it weren't such a distraction from what the administration SHOULD be doing, it would be downright comical.

And be honest with yourself Had Obama woke up one day and proclaimed himself as having "Total Authority", ....Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly .....their heads would have exploded in rage at such an utterance. I know I woulda been pissed about it and so would you.
Totally agree. I find it amazing that Trump supporters can't see how the conservative media vilified Obama every single day of his administration, but now claim that the left leaning media is doing exactly the same thing to their guy, yet somehow, it's totally unfair now. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

BTW...this viewpoint is coming from a lifelong conservative.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1racefan View Post
Totally agree. I find it amazing that Trump supporters can't see how the conservative media vilified Obama every single day of his administration, but now claim that the left leaning media is doing exactly the same thing to their guy, yet somehow, it's totally unfair now. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

BTW...this viewpoint is coming from a lifelong conservative.
Your attempt at moral equivalency is an exercise in mental masturbation.

Obunghole turned the USA into a stinking, steaming pile. President Trump brought us back to the top.

Shaking my head.
Closed Thread