Stimulus check - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-12-2020, 08:20 PM

Flight Medic ------------ Yes, I expect Trump to win this round, AND I expect him to make a play to exempt himself from the 22A to get a third term.

AND I expect a lot of his fan base to not push back on that.

The world is upside down.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911crazy View Post
Iíll probably give it to my kids.

I feel guilty buying a new gun even if there all still working, I just have to help them anyway,

My kidneys are failing, my bucket list is one s&w m29/44 mag 6.5Ē barrel in nickel. Iím retired, have good income.
Yep, mine's going to my son who needs it more than me.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:03 PM

Sounds like a pretty good plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Tip View Post
Im buying freeze dried food and bourbon
Do not forget ammo!
Old 04-12-2020, 09:05 PM

Free Money!!! Yippee!!!

And then we will be paying it off the rest of our lifetimes, and our children's lifetimes, and their children's lifetimes, and.....

Ain't no such thing as a free lunch
Old 04-12-2020, 09:48 PM

And inflation will be the price we pay.

Milton Friedman pointed this out in 1978.

-

Last edited by megafiddle; 04-12-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:08 PM

Gold and silver are both climbing in value, or, to say it more to the point, it takes more dollars to buy it. We are already in the new inflationary future.
416 stainless Sig P-238 & P938 triggers
Old 04-12-2020, 10:54 PM

By the same logic, the Govt could print, then give each of us, a million dollars. Then we would all be millionaires and never have to work again.

Dang! That's brilliant. I see no flaws in this at all.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:59 PM

With the 450 million he spent on his campaign, Bloomberg could have given everyone in the country a million dollars each, according to Brian Williams of MSNBC news:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...ican-1-million

Yes, they really are that stupid.

-

Last edited by megafiddle; 04-13-2020 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:55 AM

I will be buying a couple of things I've been putting off and possibly a new firearm, but I haven't decided yet. I have other hobbies that are vying for this money with my firearms hobby.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:22 AM

No check coming my way. I just hope that it helps those who get it.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsproduction View Post
Gold and silver are both climbing in value, or, to say it more to the point, it takes more dollars to buy it. We are already in the new inflationary future.
They both were headed up before cv19 most likely due to oil plummeting amongst other things. Gas is the cheapest its been in 40 years (I think).
But food is high already and looks like it could get ridiculous for certain produce. Milk etc was sold out by me, because the farmers dumped a lot of it since many of their big orders dried up. The next few months will be strange to say the least. I think the pool business will be big, like it was following 9/11.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsproduction View Post
They both were headed up before cv19 most likely due to oil plummeting amongst other things. Gas is the cheapest its been in 40 years (I think).
But food is high already and looks like it could get ridiculous for certain produce. Milk etc was sold out by me, because the farmers dumped a lot of it since many of their big orders dried up. The next few months will be strange to say the least. I think the pool business will be big, like it was following 9/11.
I buy silver. I watch the prices. It has not gone up. It actually DROPPED...a lot....and has come back up. It’s about $15
Old 04-13-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
I buy silver. I watch the prices. It has not gone up. It actually DROPPED...a lot....and has come back up. Itís about $15
Ok, I tend to watch gold more and equated the 2 generally.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Gas is the cheapest its been in 40 years (I think).
I remember .95/gal gas back in Ď92/Ď93. $5 would get you through the weekend partying with your friends.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
Flight Medic ------------ Yes, I expect Trump to win this round, AND I expect him to make a play to exempt himself from the 22A to get a third term.

AND I expect a lot of his fan base to not push back on that.

The world is upside down.
I doubt that he'll do that, but we can still hope! 3terms of Trump would be great!
As far as a stimulus check? We got ours today, if we put some money with it we could buy a case of toilet paper if it was available?
Old 04-13-2020, 11:18 AM

The actual dollar price on gasoline, over time, means nothing without adjusting for inflation / wages.

In the 1990's when my Dad was speaking about Cheap Gas in the Good 'Ol Days I did a comparison. How many gallons did you get per 8 hour shift of burger-flipping?

Turns out that you got more Fuel-Per-Shift in modern times than back in the day.

And that didn't even include a Miles comparison. Because the average car in 1992 got much better MPG than the Road Barges of 1959.

Nostalgia truly fogs-up your rear view mirror.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:21 AM

NO. throwing out term limits would NOT "be great" ----------- I don't care if the POTUS is Jesus himself.

Are you Anti Constitution?
Old 04-13-2020, 11:36 AM

I was going to put it in the bank, but I'm glad someone pointed out that this was a stimulus effort, to stimulate our economy...

Based on that, I am going to purchase and send Hillary a pair of slippers and a dildo...
If she doesn't like the slippers, she can "stimulate" herself (stimulate = four letter word beginning in "F")...

Hopefully the intent for humor dodges a ban for being inappropriate...I can't afford to lose the relief I get from this forum while stranded at home...
Old 04-13-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
NO. throwing out term limits would NOT "be great" ----------- I don't care if the POTUS is Jesus himself.

Are you Anti Constitution?
Exactly. Some of these guys are all Pro Constitution......till they're not.

For those who want a lifetime president, go to China. Xi Jingping is your guy.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I buy silver. I watch the prices. It has not gone up. It actually DROPPED...a lot....and has come back up. It’s about $15
Ok, I tend to watch gold more and equated the 2 generally.
Silver took a big hit when the Dow crashed. Very counter intuitive. The other thing that happened was the price of coins went up...strange. For example, silver dropped to $12 but coins went to $24. They were in short supply.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:43 AM

Physical precious metals.

Quote:
Silver took a big hit when the Dow crashed. Very counter intuitive. The other thing that happened was the price of coins went up...strange. For example, silver dropped to $12 but coins went to $24. They were in short supply.
They decoupled from paper metals at this time. Silver may be cheap now. But try to actually buy some.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
The actual dollar price on gasoline, over time, means nothing without adjusting for inflation / wages.

In the 1990's when my Dad was speaking about Cheap Gas in the Good 'Ol Days I did a comparison. How many gallons did you get per 8 hour shift of burger-flipping?

Turns out that you got more Fuel-Per-Shift in modern times than back in the day.

And that didn't even include a Miles comparison. Because the average car in 1992 got much better MPG than the Road Barges of 1959.

Nostalgia truly fogs-up your rear view mirror.
Adjusted for inflation we’re still at about a estimated 30 yr low. Was gas $1.00 more in California? No idea.
My big block ‘70 chevelle SS got ‘good’ mileage (12) for what it was back in the 70s-80.
My ‘07 F250 turbo diesel Harley edition only got 13mpg.
So, my point is, it depends on where you lived and what you drove.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Adjusted for inflation weíre still at about a estimated 30 yr low. Was gas $1.00 more in California? No idea.
My big block Ď70 chevelle SS got Ďgoodí mileage (12) for what it was back in the 70s-80.
My Ď07 F250 turbo diesel Harley edition only got 13mpg.
So, my point is, it depends on where you lived and what you drove.
That would make it a 6.0 power stroke, damn nice truck, I knew I liked you. I work on those quite a bit. Have you driven one with a 6.7 in it yet? They fly. These diesels are getting awesomely powerful.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Read an article today about some meat supplier, a big one, just closed its doors completely. The article went on to explain how this could hurt everybody from the ranchers to the consumer, depending on how long they stay closed, which the company didn't specify.

I hadn't considered things like that, apparently, neither did our governments.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
That would make it a 6.0 power stroke, damn nice truck, I knew I liked you. I work on those quite a bit. Have you driven one with a 6.7 in it yet? They fly. These diesels are getting awesomely powerful.
It was a later 6.0 so it didnít have the Egr issues. It also had a Banks 6 gun tuner with all the goodies from the intercooler and exhaust. Itís was a pretty truck and you donít need all the new maintenance stuff. But the NE winters are tough on vehicles. I just parted with it for a GMC with the Gas LS motor.