1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-31-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
I totally agree but some come to the table late, and others fall on hard times. I am in the latter. I have kept most of the guns and ammo but lost all of the supplies and food.

I look at it lie this. The good Lord brought me this far, I’ll trust him to help where I have fallen short.
Well, im not buying the come to the table late thing. The O'bummer wounds are still festering. Even someone that just bought a gun would surely hear enough to be ready....a little.
Hard Times, I'll give ya the nod. Sorry for that situation, but you're not the one complaining. You know what happened and I'm sure it was out of your control. You are the first one I would toss a box of ammo to.
The whining, sniveling, complaining procrastinators that have known all along are the problem. I would purposely snatch the last of something off the shelf in front of them and give it to the guy with a real reason for not having. Maybe some day they will learn a little about preparedness.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:55 PM

Dillon, RCBS, Redding, Hornaday!
Voracious ammo suppliers!

Last edited by Frank Vaccaro; 03-31-2020 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:44 PM

Got the call. Gave a friend a box. Can't believe he had 7 rounds in the house.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:43 PM

I’d swap box of 22s for a pop up container of those hand sanitizer wipes. Perhaps several times.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDMD View Post
What are you dumbasses hoarding ammo for? This is a viral outbreak not some stupid war to end all wars that every paranoid American is convinced will happen. - and never does. Just stay at home and wait this out like every well adjusted person,
Who’s hoarding? If you have enough income to last a lifetime, is that hoarding? Sounds like several folks gave ammo to f/f. Sounds like you’re an expert at staying home. Some are unable to stay home during this war, they’re too busy trying to save your ass. I’ve got my 30 and you are dismissed.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDMD View Post
What are you dumbasses hoarding ammo for? This is a viral outbreak not some stupid war to end all wars that every paranoid American is convinced will happen. - and never does. Just stay at home and wait this out like every well adjusted person,
You’re from Canada! Don’t tell us how to do things down here. Your laws are far worse than California and we give them crap to no end!
Half the time, we just make up crap to put more ammo on the shelf. Ammo hoarding I get, toilet paper...not so much.
Ya sure ya betcha! Oooofda.....
Old 04-01-2020, 07:31 AM

I'm sure many of us stockpiled ammo so we could maintain, and enforce, social distancing.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:43 AM

As the Boy Scouts taught those of us that were in well before all the pedophiles and perverts became troop leaders, “Be Prepared”.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormilan2 View Post
I'm sure many of us stockpiled ammo so we could maintain, and enforce, social distancing.
Damn right!
The “No soliciting” sign on my door does not mean “No Smoking” in Spanish!!
Had that one pulled on me by a couple of chicks selling car cleaner. They got the hint, but I still got to watch them bend over and wash the Hipster’s car next door!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:54 AM

I'm low on everything as it is. Not giving it up for nobody.
You may know a thing and it is not true. But in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth. And to understand, you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea. The truth is in the contrast.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:33 AM

Read with interest sone of the things that became very valuable during the Argentine financial collapse of 2000. Concealable handguns were high on the list, of course ammunition to feed same, as well as prescription meds, trained guard dogs, and iron grates to go over windows! Plus wearable gold jewelery.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:13 PM

The dumbass liberals, several months ago, would say "No one needs a gun, let that poor robber take our stuff, he needs it more than we do".
Now that things are bit more "Real", I bet that tune has been squelched!
I really hope that a byproduct of this Wuhan Red China Communist crisis is an eye opener about the importance of 2A....
Old 04-02-2020, 05:41 PM

Share ammo??? Isn't that what you do when deploying on the perimeter of your subdivision after the looting starts?
Old 04-03-2020, 06:45 AM

Yes, then and only then.....
Unless you count tossing a few mags up to the guys stationed in their attics that are watching the area from their gable vents!