1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 07:25 AM
Adminstrator

Gents, I know this is the political hot season, but do try and keep things civil. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Very few people can carry legally in NYC. Fact. Needle in a haystack.
Yup. Only the rich and privileged who have connections or lots of money to grease the skids. Still the purpose of stop and frisk was not to disarm blacks and Hispanics but get the criminal element off the street and keep them off balance. I understand the concerns about the program but it was effective and vastly improved the city and Bloomberg didn't start it but he was smart to keep it.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Yup. Only the rich and privileged who have connections or lots of money to grease the skids. Still the purpose of stop and frisk was not to disarm blacks and Hispanics but get the criminal element off the street and keep them off balance. I understand the concerns about the program but it was effective and vastly improved the city and Bloomberg didn't start it but he was smart to keep it.
If I remember correctly, the courts made several rulings that the policy was unconstitutional. One of the rulings was a technique and technology that the NYPD was using. They were using a very advance FLIR camera that could see through clothing. Guns could be seen as being ever slightly cooler than the surrounding body. I actually tried it with my FLIR and with my cheap low resolution $400 device I was able to marginally see a gun under my shirt... but only soon after putting the gun on. As the gun warms with body temperature, there is little temperature difference between the clothing and the gun. But with the more advanced systems, the ones that use thermal internal cooling, they can detect the slightest temperature differences and have software to enhance the image. Kinda scary if you ask me.

The courts I believe said that the FLIR was an outrageous intrusion of privacy because it cast a wide net against anyone without probable cause of any crime in progress and was just outright invasive. They needed a warrant to use a FLIR to detect weapons, which would be impossible to get in the manner it was being deployed.

The courts also ruled that the stop and frisk itself was unconstitutional. Period. But the fact is, very few people had a carry permit in NYC. Perhaps a few high end jewelers, diamond brokers or Wall Street brokers in $4000 Hugo Boss business suits or dressed in Hasidim attire (many whom are diamond traders). NYC PD would never dare to stop and frisk those people. It would beg for a law suit if they did. But they did target people in jeans, sneakers, hoodies and with tattoos, Hispanics and Blacks mainly... people they profiled as possible drug dealers or gang members.

Oh and yes it did work. NYPD pretty much knew who was likely to be involved in crime but it involved profiling something that the Black community hates.

Last edited by PolymerMan; 02-11-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I believe those threads wound up getting closed because a few posters, including you, decided to go into full blown personal attack mode sort of like you appear to be headed for now.
People tend to get a little uppity when you start preaching white supremacy on a gun forum when the entire gun owning populace is constantly under attack by leftist media for being white supremacists when many of us are not.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post
People tend to get a little uppity when you start preaching white supremacy on a gun forum when the entire gun owning populace is constantly under attack by leftist media for being white supremacists when many of us are not.
You don't have to be a gun owner. Not even pro-2nd amendment.

The sole requirement in the eyes of the leftists is to support Trump, and you are labeled a White Supremacist. Actually you don't even have to support Trump... simply saying something positive about Trump is enough to set off the left.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder Guy View Post
I’m convinced Biden has dementia and its sad that he’s being encouraged to stay in the race. However, if he has a poor showing in NH I can see him dropping out. If that happens, I won’t be surprised one bit to see HRC jump in.
He is being kept in the race to simply deliver his supporters at the right moment, to the eventual nominee. That is the case with all of them. It is all part of an orchestrated plan. And there is a 2 billion dollar prize awaiting the winner from Soros and Bloomberg and the Silicone Valley and Hollywood Marxist Mafias. The Democrats have been raising and laundering the dirty money for the past two years.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnireland View Post
He is being kept in the race to simply deliver his supporters at the right moment, to the eventual nominee. That is the case with all of them. It is all part of an orchestrated plan. And there is a 2 billion dollar prize awaiting the winner from Soros and Bloomberg and the Silicone Valley and Hollywood Marxist Mafias. The Democrats have been raising and laundering the dirty money for the past two decades.
Fixed it for ya!

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 02-11-2020, 03:14 PM

Trump gets to stay in 2020. I hope his spirit and Drive and health hold out till 2024. At that time those of us still here will have to worry.

That takes care of the 1.5 million opinions, stories, tales, lies and other b.s. spewed out.

Remember Tuco no not the Breaking Bad one......in the tub.
that says it all.RON K.

Back to The Whitecastles.
Attached Thumbnails
e6014436fa461e44.png  
Old 02-11-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Triggered.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post

Oh and yes it did work. NYPD pretty much knew who was likely to be involved in crime but it involved profiling something that the Black community hates.
Of course they hate it but here is why the profiling was used.

In 2014 in New York City, a black was 31 times more likely than a white to be arrested for murder, and a Hispanic was 12.4 times more likely. For the crime of “shooting” — defined as firing a bullet that hits someone — a black was 98.4 times more likely than a white to be arrested, and a Hispanic was 23.6 times more likely. If New York City were all white, the murder rate would drop by 91 percent, the robbery rate by 81 percent, and the shootings rate by 97 percent.

From The Color of Crime, Edwin Rubenstein
Old 02-11-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Triggered.
Says the guy that uses every opportunity humanly possible to make his anti-black arguments.

I am not a social justice warrior by any means, and I am well aware that the bulk of urban crime is committed by black people.

All I am trying to explain to you is that acting like these black people represent all black people makes you look like a narrow minded racist. The fact you do it on a gun forum reinforces the leftist mantra that gun owner = racist. You are literally being a detriment to our cause.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:43 PM

I'd say after today's news, any further discussion on Biden is moot.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:58 PM

I think that the guy has been at room temperature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
I'd say after today's news, any further discussion on Biden is moot.
For a while.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Says the guy that uses every opportunity humanly possible to make his anti-black arguments.

I am not a social justice warrior by any means, and I am well aware that the bulk of urban crime is committed by black people.

All I am trying to explain to you is that acting like these black people represent all black people makes you look like a narrow minded racist. The fact you do it on a gun forum reinforces the leftist mantra that gun owner = racist. You are literally being a detriment to our cause.
If telling the truth and presenting facts is detrimental to our cause, then we have no cause. The issue of stop and frisk wasn't brought up by me. I just presented relevant information. You want to live in some little fantasy land of your own making that is up to you. Just don't expect others to participate with you.
Closed Thread