Family Living in Camper/Van Shoot/Kill Assailant Armed with AK47 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-25-2019, 03:35 PM

Family Living in Camper/Van Shoot/Kill Assailant Armed with AK47

Apparently, the family of 3 were camped out on the property of a friend and sleeping in the van when a man approached with an AK47 early this morning and pointed the AK47 directly at the van owner's face. The van owner pulled out his Glock (Media confirmed he has a CCW License).

It also turns out the assailant with the AK47 had an outstanding warrant for his arrest. Funny how no matter how many gun laws there are, criminals will always find a weapon to arm themselves.

This occurred in Liberty City section of Miami. Probably one of the worst section of town.

https://www.local10.com/news/2019/11...-liberty-city/
Quote:
A 60-year-old man told Local 10 News he shot and killed another man who was armed with an AK-47 outside his parked van in Miami.
and

Quote:
Danny Stewart explained how his split-second decision likely saved not only his life, but that of his girlfriend and his 11-year-old son.
This is also another one of those cases where at close quarters, a pistol has an advantage over a rifle or carbine for maneuverability.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post

This is also another one of those cases where at close quarters, a pistol has an advantage over a rifle or carbine for maneuverability.
A pistol with a high capacity magazine, non of this 10 round garbage like where I am. Got to give the guy credit, center body mass 14 rounds, protecting himself and his family.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:56 PM

Why 14 rounds? That's all he had!
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2019, 11:47 PM

Yeah, because 10 rounds in COM ain't no big deal.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:06 AM

If you are pointing an AK at me, I am going to keep shooting until you are no longer pointing it at me.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:05 AM

It’s been a long while since I lived in Miami but liberty city is not a place you would want to drive through.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartian View Post
It’s been a long while since I lived in Miami but liberty city is not a place you would want to drive through.
It's so bad that about a decade ago, the Miami-Dade Port Authority issued fliers to warn tourists in the Miami to avoid certain high crime areas in Miami. Liberty City was one of them. They had maps with the high crime areas in a red shade. No-go Zones. This had certain community leaders up in arms because most of the high crime areas were predominantly Black and the Port Authority was being called racist. They had to stop handing those out at the airport and elsewhere.

They did this because there were certain intersections with traffic lights, where entire neighborhoods would participate in robbing motorist stopped at the light. Generally the scheme involved a car waiting at the light and if someone, pulled in behind them, the car in front would not go even after the light turned green. They would box in a car, front back and sides, giving neighborhood thugs time to run out and rob the occupants at gun point, including stealing their car, phones, money and leaving them stranded. Then the thugs would all get into the cars that were part of blockage including take off with their new car that was just hijacked.

Of course there never were witnesses that saw anything, despite that there were lots of people hanging out on the sidewalk watching everything.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:40 PM

Angry

50 years ago, city officials would've given him a Key to the City.

I'm sure the perp's family will NOW sue him for, "restriction of trade," or some such...
Old 11-26-2019, 04:54 PM

Tactics have changed.....They used to target Rental Cars/ Cars with out of state plates...They would get a Ryder/UHaul Truck (stolen) and bump the vehicle, especially on 1-95/836,,,,When the Victim pulled over to do the Driver information exchange, they would be robbed/carjacked @ Gunpoint.

The area where the “Campers” were is known as little Haiti...wasn’t aware they put a KOA there...

People that were lost and got off @ the wrong exit would be sitting at a light under I-95 looking for an entrance ramp....Subjects hanging out under the overpasses would take objects and throw them against the window glass, shattering it and robbing the stunned occupants inside, grabbing jewelry/ purses, frequently assaulting the Victims.

Last edited by Mike 139; 11-26-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 139 View Post
Tactics have changed.....They used to target Rental Cars/ Cars with out of state plates...They would get a Ryder/UHaul Truck (stolen) and bump the vehicle, especially on 1-95/836,,,,When the Victim pulled over to do the Driver information exchange, they would be robbed/carjacked @ Gunpoint.

The area where the “Campers” were is known as little Haiti...wasn’t aware they put a KOA there...

People that were lost and got off @ the wrong exit would be sitting at a light under I-95 looking for an entrance ramp....Subjects hanging out under the overpasses would take objects and throw them against the window glass, shattering it and robbing the stunned occupants inside, grabbing jewelry/ purses, frequently assaulting the Victims.

Tactics always change with the conditions; one of the few things that can be counted on.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 11-26-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 139 View Post
Some years ago I was attempting to drive though Norfolk VA on the freeway, at around 2300, hit road construction, and got shunted off into a "detour" into an area that looked like a set from a cheap Road Warrior remake. Every time I'd stop at a light the streetlife would start sidling up; I started just rolling through after checking for traffic.

I suspect the highway department was messing with out-of-towners; every time I found an on-ramp, I was promptly dumped back off into mega-ghetto again, with no signs anywhere after that. I finally just started heading south, an intersection at a time, until I was out of that urban pesthole and picked up a county road.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:33 AM

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=TRX302;12996506]Some years ago I was attempting to drive though Norfolk VA on the freeway, at around 2300, hit road construction, and got shunted off into a "detour" into an area that looked like a set from a cheap Road Warrior remake. Every time I'd stop at a light the streetlife would start sidling up; I started just rolling through after checking for traffic.......

No substitute for Situational Awareness and Common sense, which you used to avoid a Confrontation.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistema1927 View Post
If you are pointing an AK at me, I am going to keep shooting until you are no longer pointing it at me.
Agreed