Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 10:36 AM

Nsa

fbi

COTEP#782
Old 04-13-2018, 08:55 PM

No gun collection can be considered complete without at least one bespoke Purdy 20bore side by side and one holland and holland double rifle in at least 450 NE. Until you get these your just working up hill.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:05 PM

A few observations I've made over the years:

Gun Control is the ability to hit what you're aiming at.

It's not how many guns you have but how much ammo you have for them.

No matter how many rifles, pistols, and shotguns you have - you won't shoot all of them; the ones you decide to shoot (you know the one that you carry or take to the range) become very proficient with it. Settle on the best ammo that fits your needs and practice like your life depends on it...because it does!

To the OP - only you can decide which of your guns you are proficient with - and practice with - not everyone is a rifle expert; the shotgun is often misunderstood, and with a hand gun there's a balance between magazine capacity (and how much ammo you carry) and the caliber you carry.

When I go to the range I always shoot one or two magazines with the gun that I am carrying - one reason - the ammo/gun combo is different then what I've been shooting; another reason I get to shoot and replace the ammo that's been in the magazines for a while. The other reason is maintaining proficiency with the gun I'm carrying.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:42 AM

"What do I need to own to be well regulated?"

At least one gun of everything you want to own.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:54 AM

Repairs

Okay, so your going to get a new rifle, shotgun or pistol. IMHO, if you have a firearm that NEEDS repair, that should be done first, before getting a new firearm. I'm not talking about upgrades, I'm talking about a non working firearm, if it needs a sight replace it, it needs blueing or reparked do it, if needs a new barrel, take care of it , etc... . I know that its not cool like a new firearm, but if your worried about them folks one day not letting you buy firearms, now is the time to take care of repairs. You can usually repair 2-3 firearms for the price of buying one new firearm.
Just my 2 cents
Old 04-14-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiebeekeeper View Post
Okay, so your going to get a new rifle, shotgun or pistol. IMHO, if you have a firearm that NEEDS repair, that should be done first, before getting a new firearm. I'm not talking about upgrades, I'm talking about a non working firearm, if it needs a sight replace it, it needs blueing or reparked do it, if needs a new barrel, take care of it , etc... . I know that its not cool like a new firearm, but if your worried about them folks one day not letting you buy firearms, now is the time to take care of repairs. You can usually repair 2-3 firearms for the price of buying one new firearm.
Just my 2 cents
I don’t think there are a lot of guys around here that have “broken” guns laying around. Unless they are for parts themselves or a retired antique.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:28 AM

As used in the 2nd Amendment (c. 1791) the term "well regulated" was understood to mean properly trained and disciplined, thus implying a governmental responsibility rather than an individual responsibility.

The fact that our government has regularly failed to provide for a "well regulated" militia (despite the Constitution's Militia clause and Title 10 US Code defining the Militia as comprised of all able-bodied men over 17 and under 45 years of age) constitutes governmental misfeasance rather than any individual citizen's failure.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:25 AM

Get rid of your one of's and/or buy duplicates. Duplication is your friend. Multiple rifle/pistol pairs that run the same ammo. I've got Marlins- Uberti rifles and revolvers in .45lc. Also have 3 PCCs in .45acp and multiple 1911s and revolvers in .45acp. You can rob parts if needed and when you load a box of ammunition you are loading for 2-plus guns, not just one. Makes your reloading supply inventory a whole lot simpler.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAYHEM* View Post
You need two liberal women following you 24 hours a day. One telling you what a sociopathic, uncaring piece of dog ****e you are, and the other extolling the virtues of Hillary, Nancy and Diane.
This sounds like a bad scene, but unfortunately, is just about spot-on for these days.