Well worth the money - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-08-2020, 12:38 PM

Well worth the money

I canít say 100% well worth the money because I have not shot it yet, but from what I can tell, the Magnum Research Desert Eagle 1911C is one high quality 1911 for the price! I have Colts and Kimbers (I know, I know, those are junk to most people because of all the keyboard warriors giving them a bad name, but mine have never had an issue), and I have shot many others. The look and feel of this gun might actually feel better than my others, and it is highly optioned as well. If anyone is considering this as an option, so far I am pretty confident in saying you will not find a better one for the money. It would be very hard to find another 1911 this nice under the $1,000 mark, let alone under the $800 mark!!! As soon as I get a chance to make it to the range I will give a report. Hereís a pic of her:

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2020, 03:05 PM

I have never handled a Desert Eagle 1911 but have read some good things about them. I know people who perfer single actions the Magnum Research BFR is held in high reguard.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:53 PM

I have three, a G (5") in.45, a C in 9mm and a U (3") in .45. All have the same amazing trigger. You will love shooting that thing. Outstanding quality for this and much higher price point. One thing that should speak of their quality, you very rarely see a used one for sale. that should tell you something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD springer View Post
I have three, a G (5") in.45, a C in 9mm and a U (3") in .45. All have the same amazing trigger. You will love shooting that thing. Outstanding quality for this and much higher price point. One thing that should speak of their quality, you very rarely see a used one for sale. that should tell you something.

Very good point. When I was looking for one and doing a little research I did not see many used at all. How is the 9mm? All of mine are .45, but I was considering adding a 9mm to the fleet.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodII View Post
I have never handled a Desert Eagle 1911 but have read some good things about them. I know people who perfer single actions the Magnum Research BFR is held in high reguard.

Once you hold one youíre going to want to buy one! At least thatís what happened with me

Old 05-11-2020, 01:42 PM

The smaller roll mark is an improvement.
Appears production has moved from Israel to the US?....Yes?

Commander model is interesting.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:04 PM

They don't make the 9mm any more. Don't know why, every bit as nice as the .45. Haven't checked for a while, maybe they will start making them again. I had a really hard time finding mine. Don't hesitate to grab one if you find one, but like I said you won't find a used one.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:35 PM

I think they are still made by Bul in Israel. Magnum Research imports them
Old 05-12-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD springer View Post
I think they are still made by Bul in Israel. Magnum Research imports them

You are correct. It states that on the other side of the gun but Iím always skeptical about showing the serial number for some reason so I only posted the one picture.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:03 PM

you can edit your photo and remove some of the serial numbers without affecting the overall pic as shown below.

Old 05-23-2020, 02:37 PM

Good looking 45 ,I ,m in the market for a 1911 and think I have settled on a desert eagle 1911 g .Any commits on this 45 . Thanks Billy
Old 05-25-2020, 11:22 AM

bought one when they first came out. only problem was black front sight vs old eyes, put a dawson precision fiber optic front sight (35.00), problem solved. well over 3000 rds thru it from target to sd loads even mixed in the mag, no failure, not once. I own 3 desert eagles 5" 4" 3" all perform the same, 3lb trigger out of the box. I think they come with white 3 dot sights now, my newest one did. As for quality, try to find a used one, anybody that has one keeps it. That says a lot.