Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-07-2019, 06:42 AM

P365x?
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2019, 08:33 AM

I did find shooting a lot of rounds with the 10 round mag slightly uncomfortable. However, the 12 round mag did not make the gun that much bigger and seems great.

For pocket carry I would always use the 10 round mag. The 12 round is great for the belt and the almost disappears. To keep getting larger I would transition to my H&K P30sk or P2000sk. Although I do like the flat trigger and might convert that.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:52 PM

I found that between the S&W 337 and G48, I wasn't using my G43 at all so I traded it for the 365XL today. Gonna see what I make out of it,

- Glock troll.

Last edited by YVK; 08-20-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
I did find shooting a lot of rounds with the 10 round mag slightly uncomfortable. However, the 12 round mag did not make the gun that much bigger and seems great.

For pocket carry I would always use the 10 round mag. The 12 round is great for the belt and the almost disappears. To keep getting larger I would transition to my H&K P30sk or P2000sk. Although I do like the flat trigger and might convert that.
If you're talking about the P365, my favorite mag is the 10-round with pinky rest. The flat baseplate gives me nothing to hang onto and the 12-rounder somehow feels a bit weird in my hands. The pinky rest makes it feel just right.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:26 PM

So I gave my 365XL a test run today, short 61 round session, a box of Lawman and a mag of Federal HST. I shot my carry G48 (stock other than the sights, 5 lbs striker spring, and striker control device) too as a reference, to adjust for my own performance.
- 365XL is a different animal than 365. I've shot 365 quite a bit and wouldn't consider ever buying it. XL improves a lot with a trivial increase in a relevant [to me] dimension.
- 365XL has a worse trigger than 365. This is not just my isolated observation, several friends who own both reported the same. Apparently Brownells sells a striker that improves that.
- Trigger is under 6.7 lbs, longish rolling pull and gritty. I like longish and rolling, I don't like gritty.
- Reset is considerably longer than Glock, for those who care. I don't care about it on carry guns, but I short stroked it once today. I would not go back and forth between 365XL and 1911 as a small gun / full sized gun tandem.
- Accuracy was good, everything within 2 inch circle at 7 and 12 yards, and 4 inch group at 25, five shots each group. Interestingly, my groups printed right, which is not common for a right handed shooter. I haven't figured if the rear sight on 365XL can be windage drifted. If not, it is not a good thing. I didn't have my preferred target to shoot groups at 25 yards, so I may have to repeat that.
- Short speed test doing Bill Drill like thing on a 6 inch Shoot-N-See from a compressed ready yielded high .20 - low .30 splits.
- G48 did better in my hands on both accuracy and speed. Not surprising, given a better trigger, better sights, and more grip real estate to control the gun. Frankly, I was surprised how close the 365XL performed.

My initial summary impression is that 365XL is a very capable gun. It doesn't shoot as well as G48 in my hands and it doesn't give me an option of active control over firing system like the SCD does on a Glock. However, it did well enough just within one ammo box that I have to give it a further consideration. I'll be ordering a holster to proceed with a more extensive eval.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:15 PM

I have over 2000 rounds through my 365 XL. With the first couple 100 rounds I had a few failure to return to battery issues. Based on some review videos I cleaned and lubed it well. I've had no issues since. At 6'2" its the smallest CCW I'd consider. It's surprisingly accurate, I'm looking forward to adding the Romeo 0 when its available. It will be my small CCW for a while.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:52 PM

Anyone know a retailer that has the Romeo in stock for the P365XL, or are they still not out yet?
Old 12-17-2019, 05:48 AM

The romeo zero has been out for over two weeks but still hard to come by. I asked my LGS to order one and he thinks it will be here soon. I own a regular 365 and an XL, I much prefer the XL but I do Have large hands.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister View Post
The romeo zero has been out for over two weeks but still hard to come by. I asked my LGS to order one and he thinks it will be here soon. I own a regular 365 and an XL, I much prefer the XL but I do Have large hands.
Good to know, thanks. I'll check with my LGS where I bought the XL.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:56 PM

The XL is a gun that should never have been needed. Defeats the purpose of a 365.

But hey.....to each their own.

I thinks it’s inheriting that some owners like to buy all the variants of the same gun. I know a guy that has a 365, and XL and an SAS. And if they cane out with an XL SAS he would get one of those 🙂

Last edited by WaterDR; 12-22-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:56 PM
Banned

The XL is great. Its surprising how soft the little thing shoots.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
The XL is a gun that should never have been needed. Defeats the purpose of a 365.

I thinks itís inheriting that some owners like to buy all the variants of the same gun. I know a guy that has a 365, and XL and an SAS. And if they cane out with an XL SAS he would get one of those 🙂
I love my two P365s, but I have no intention of getting an XL or SAS because I have no need for them. I bought the P365 as a true year-round carry gun, and I shoot it so well that I feel I flat out don't need a larger handgun for carry at all. I shoot mine as well or better than my Glock 19 all the way out to 25 yards, so what's the point of the larger gun?

Having said that, I see why some folks might prefer the XL simply because the longer grip makes mag changes easier. It's just not something I see myself needing.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:12 AM
Banned

Fwiw see if the local shop has one to try just for kicks. Shooting the 365 and the xl side by side is a noticeable difference in recoil. Or at least i thought so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post

I thinks it’s inheriting that some owners like to buy all the variants of the same gun. I know a guy that has a 365, and XL and an SAS. And if they cane out with an XL SAS he would get one of those 🙂
I love my two P365s, but I have no intention of getting an XL or SAS because I have no need for them. I bought the P365 as a true year-round carry gun, and I shoot it so well that I feel I flat out don't need a larger handgun for carry at all. I shoot mine as well or better than my Glock 19 all the way out to 25 yards, so what's the point of the larger gun?

Having said that, I see why some folks might prefer the XL simply because the longer grip makes mag changes easier. It's just not something I see myself needing.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:38 AM

I have one of each (365 and XL) and for me the best combo is the P365 slide with the XL frame. I added the Talon grips and Tru-Glo Pro sights. I really like the trigger on the P365 vs the XL. 1911's turned me into a trigger snob but, the P365 is not bad at all for a plastic gun. The gun is very accurate and is good shooter.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:19 AM

I went into a LGS last year with my wife and she loved the P365 so we bought one. She has not totally adopted it yet but if she does I will probably buy another. My hand likes the 10 round mag with the extension and she likes the flush mag.

Some thoughts......

After I bought mine I saw some internet posts that they were going to make a model with a thumb safety, but have not heard more about that.

When it was introduced there was a lady from SIG showing two different bottoms you could put on the subframe. One had a light under the front and the other had a LASER under the front. I guess those never made it to production.

There is a video out there that shows how easy it is to remove the subframe from the bottom.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1911 View Post
I went into a LGS last year with my wife and she loved the P365 so we bought one. She has not totally adopted it yet but if she does I will probably buy another. My hand likes the 10 round mag with the extension and she likes the flush mag.

Some thoughts......

After I bought mine I saw some internet posts that they were going to make a model with a thumb safety, but have not heard more about that.

When it was introduced there was a lady from SIG showing two different bottoms you could put on the subframe. One had a light under the front and the other had a LASER under the front. I guess those never made it to production.

There is a video out there that shows how easy it is to remove the subframe from the bottom.
Bottoms on what subframe? Could you be thinking of the P320?
Old 02-01-2020, 08:34 AM

I guess I should have called it the "trigger assembly". That is where the guns serial number is, at least on mine. Found a good video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPj1lOOtOvs

And at least one company that is making different "grip modules"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ica30V5SA0
Old 02-01-2020, 07:06 PM

Everyone's "comfort" zone is going to be different. I don't mind a short grip. I'm comfortable with the 10 round flat mag. The extra barrel length/sight radius on the XL makes a big difference for me. IE, I shoot a P365XL, P320SC, CZ75PCR's (barrels longer than 3 1/2") quite a bit better than I shoot a P365, P938, CZ Rami, or Shield. (barrels around 3" in length). I only shoot guns with barrels over 4" slightly better than the 3 1/2" to 4" ones. Everyone is different. My brother in law (who I shoot with quite often) is lucky to hit anything with a grip small enough his pinky isn't on it, but barrel length/sight radius doesn't seem to affect him. I traded him my P365. He carries it with the pinky rest mag. I've got a P938 if I need something smaller than my XL. I'll try to snap some size comparison pics later.
I thought this was a gun forum. The rules read "This sub-forum is for general gun-related discussion only. No political commentary or other off-topic discussions are allowed, nor subjects that barely have anything to do with guns or shooting. The only section where off-topic discussion is currently allowed is in the special sub-forum created for site supporters.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:30 PM

New to the P365 here. Bought one used for a "Can't get burned much if I don't like it" price. The goal for mine being pocket carry, it was almost karma when the shop owner dug out the box and a nylon inside-the-pocket holster was there.

This gun also came with three ten round mags, one with pinky extension floor plate. {Famous last words}: I may not buy any more accessories for it.
"If you decide to carry a pistol, you will have to dress around it, not just try to fit it into your wardobe"---BillD, 03/06/07 @ 09:42 e.s.t.

MINO: 'Money Is No Object'. Feel free to steal that one, everybody!
Old 02-04-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Peltier View Post
P365x?
I agree. The XL grip module with the P365 slide and 12rd mags makes the perfect setup for me too.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1911 View Post
I guess I should have called it the "trigger assembly". That is where the guns serial number is, at least on mine. Found a good video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPj1lOOtOvs

And at least one company that is making different "grip modules"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ica30V5SA0
Nice. I didn't know NDZ was making after market grip modules for them. I haven't heard anything from SIG about it.

The American flag module was pretty cool.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:57 PM

I was looking at compact light weight 9mm 1911's but found a P365LX at a great price so I took the chance and bought it. 12 round capacity flared mag well good trigger great sights and it fit my hand. Took my wife to the range today and we put 200 rounds thru the 365LX and we both liked it. We shot Federal 115 Black Box FMJ and had no problems. Recoil was soft and the sites were fast to pick up. I really like this gun.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:16 PM

I'm eager to shoot the 365XL. The 365 makes my finger sore, even after installing the straight trigger that comes standard on the XL. Even the straight trigger has a small lip on the end, which I think is doing something to my finger on recoil. I'm hoping the different dimensions of the XL may make a difference. If there's no improvement, I'm buying my third Shield. The obvious advantage of the Sig is the capacity. But for that, the Shield suits me better. I do note that the XL is now available with a manual safety, which I prefer.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:11 PM

Have owned a Shield for a few years while size was perfect @ the time its accuracy is not what I want in a Defense gun. Looking @ the P 365 XL which is suppose to be an improvement in accuracy? So how accurate is the P 365 XL on conceal carry defensive yardages?
Old 02-21-2020, 02:49 PM

I have two Shields, a 9 and a .45 Performance Center. I find both to have excellent accuracy and to be every bit as accurate as my P365.