Sig P365 Holster Choices & Modifications - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-24-2020, 02:46 PM

Sig P365 Holster Choices & Modifications

Thereís a ton of different holsters out there for this ever popular little heater. Itís small and light enough to lend itself to all forms of carry.

Curious to know which holster that yíall have experimented with and ultimately selected, including your preferred carry position? Pics welcomed!

Would also like to know what mods youíve done and why? Was it to increase performance, aesthetics/style/personalization or just for the heck of it, just to tinker around a little? Pics welcomed!
Old 04-24-2020, 04:42 PM

Tulster with the Sidekick. Appendix is my preferred. I have carried it once at 4 o'clock. It is extremely comfortable and even more concealable.
Attached Thumbnails
925F3341-1557-46FF-A30C-02A07D23E07C_1_201_a.jpeg  
Old 04-24-2020, 05:25 PM

Like all my other size guns, a Milt Sparks Criterion. The set just disappears at 3:30 and is so much more comfortable than a few kydex units belonging to friends I tried. There is a reason Sparks has a months long wait...unbelievable engineering and quality. Order one then buy a cheaper unit to hold you over.
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2020, 05:37 PM

I went with the Darkstar hitchhiker for appendix carry. https://darkstargear.com/product/hitchhiker365/

It's my first appendix holster with a wing so I can't really compare it but I like it. Comfortable and stays in tight. The end rubs a little on the bone but I am fairly skinny and it has been fine for 6+ hours so far.

As far as mods to the 365 - I would love a Sig module grip that has a palm swell. The grip is just a little too thin and doesn't sit right in my hand. I tried a little Houge pull over grip and it felt right but the rubber was too lose on the grip to use it.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:32 AM

When I got my 365 I bought 2 holsters. A Don Hume IWB and a DeSantis Criss Cross.
I’ve worn the Don Hume around the house and yard and I must say it’s a comfortable setup.
And I’m not a fan of IWB holsters. Haven’t tried the DeSantis yet, reason I bought it is I’m a big fan of cross draw holsters for concealment and comfort while driving.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:05 AM

I use a C&G Covert Kydex as well as a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. The C&G is easy to take on and off while the SSII is more comfortable. Both work very well.
Attached Thumbnails
446C00D0-D26C-47BA-8695-50EAB6973217_1587819930553.jpeg   EE8940FC-26FD-4341-AD45-048EA89D0DB3_1587819941626.jpeg  

Last edited by 2lflat4; 04-26-2020 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:10 PM

Appreciate the input, gents.

staplebox: Have you considered an Icarus aluminum grip module w/palm swell? Iíd love to hold one. Although pricy, for some it could result in the perfect carry gun.
https://www.icarusprecision.com/prod...-365-grip-v2-0

For the times when I pocket carry, which is 90% of the time, I use a spare Nemesis holster, which is actually for a Mustang/BG380. The P365 fits, but itís a bit tight, thus when drawn, the holster remains attached to the pistol. Obviously, thats not an ideal solution. So, for pocket carry, Iím considering a proper sized;
-DeSantis Superfly (M44BJ8JZ0)
-DeSantis Nemesis (N38BJ8JZ0)
-Sticky Holster (SM-5)
-TTGunleather - Everything Iíve purchased from Tim in the past, has been amazing, but Iíve never tried one of his pocket holsters, so Iím not sure if theyíre designed for a tight or loose fit, I prefer a very loose fit for pocket carry.

I hit up one of the local CopShops (they have great ammo prices) and snagged an inexpensive Pegasus DeSantis Slim-Tuk (137KJ8JZ0). Never had a kydex holster before, but wanted something tuckable, with adjustable ride height and cant. Plus, I wanted something inexpensive, but loaded with features, that could afford me an opportunity to experiment and determine exactly how I want to carry the little Sig inside a quality IWB leather holster. Ultimately, I want leather for AIWB/IWB carry.

Iím actually shocked at how comfortable it was to appendix carry the Sig in the Slim-Tuk, was not expecting that with kydex. Decided to mess around with the Slim-Tuk and try it out AIWB, at around the 2 oíclock position. Couldnít believe how good it felt while driving. The adjustability of the Slim-Tuk is proving invaluable, because itís going to help with my leather holster selection.

For my leather choice, it must be IWB tuckable and have adjustable cant. Iím considering:
-TT Gunleather Apendix IWB, but not sure if the cant can be adjusted or if an adjustable clip could be added instead of the belt loop, but Iíll discuss that with Tim if/when the time comes.
-Milt Sparks Summer Special II is also a contender, providing its available with a single clip instead of belt loops.
-Kusiak Leather, either their Signature or Old Fashioned IWB holster. However, Kusiak advised me that their Signature holster isnít available for the P365 with manual safety, but internet chatter from some folks say itíll still fit without issue.
-Non Leather consideration, DeSantis Tuck-This II (M24BJ8JZ0). Handled one of these at the store, feels pretty comfy, but donít care for the extra mag holder, although I could probably just trim it off.

Any comments or additional info, especially from those of you with experience on any of the gear Iíve mentioned, would be greatly appreciated.

A few pics:
-DeSantis Nemesis, actually for the Mustang/BG380
-DeSantis Slim-Tuk adjusted for higher ride and preferred cant at the 4 o-clock position
-DeSantis Slim-Tuk adjusted for deeper appendix ride and preferred cant at the 2 o-clock position
Attached Thumbnails
E5CD84C4-4622-4F7E-8AD7-18820E6F85A1.jpeg   040494A7-4F8E-46DC-89E3-5838A45DEB74.jpeg   DE046B98-D6D4-4690-B7C7-AF0D01749C18.jpeg  
Old 04-25-2020, 11:32 PM
Administrator

I use the DeSantis SuperFly with mine. The outer flap does a great job breaking up the outline and making it look like I've just got a large iPhone in my pocket.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:02 PM

I like my Mitch Rosen holster from Sig on a Beltman belt. Only mods were to add the XL frame with 12rd magazines and switch out the striker back plate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020535.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	581408

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0557.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	581410
Old 04-26-2020, 02:48 PM

I carry my P365 almost exclusively in the pocket of cargo shorts. Since mine has the ArmaLaser TR27 on it there wasn't a holster made for pocket carry when I bought it. (I think there is one now). So, I modified a DeSantis Nemesis made for a shield to fit my P365. I cut relief slots for the front of the laser and also trimmed the back to fit most of my cargo shorts. Not pretty but very functional and the holster stays in the pocket when the gun is drawn.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:30 AM

Those with the sig p365 should check out kusiak holsters. they have the old fashion itw made out of leather but its as thin as kydex and stays open for reholstering. I have them for a few of my carry guns. Sorry I have yet to figure out how to post pictures.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:57 AM

Barsony pocket holster.

It fits both of my P365s with Green lasers, one an original Sig and the other a CT. No modifications to the holster.
Barsony # (PO22NY)
https://www.barsonyholsters.com/new-...istols-po22ny/
Attached Thumbnails
1IMG_1338.jpg   1IMG_1339.jpg  
Old 06-04-2020, 05:45 PM

Stock P365 and Milt Sparks Criterion.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:43 PM

^^^ Love my Criterions! With my 365 I can't even tell I have it on.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
^^^ Love my Criterions! With my 365 I can't even tell I have it on.
True. Except that the Colt Defender rides in the Criterion even better than the P365 although itís slightly heavier and larger.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:19 PM

I'm yet to find a pistol that doesn't ride well in a Criterion, especially heavier guns. They really distribute the weight well.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:44 AM

Sig website is calling the P365 a ďmicro compactĒ. With that in mind, is there a SPECIFIC STYLE of IWB holster thatís IDEAL (if there is such a thing) or better suited for smaller pistols ?

If, as a general rule, a larger, heavier firearm tends to carry better (and is more comfortable to carry) in a holster STYLE where the 2 belt loops are spaced farther apart on the gun belt (think Milt Sparks Criterion, VM-2, etc) ó- then is it fair to conclude a ďmicro compactĒ such as the p365 typically carries better in a holster STYLE such as the Sparks Summer Special, or SS-2 with the loop(s) closer together? I know holster STYLES seem to be categorized as paddle, scabbard, pancake, etc, etc....but Iím not sure I know the differences.

Presently, Iím in the market for a LEATHER IWB holster for the P365 so Iím trying to learn as much as I can before throwing away a chunk of change. My intent is to carry IWB at 3-4 oíclock-ish... as long as i can find a rig thatís acceptably comfortable. In other words, I donít want to carry a micro compact P365 in an elephant sized holster. Yes, I have a good gun belt (40Ē long, TYVM).
Old 06-10-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddio View Post
Sig website is calling the P365 a ďmicro compactĒ. With that in mind, is there a SPECIFIC STYLE of IWB holster thatís IDEAL (if there is such a thing) or better suited for smaller pistols ?

If, as a general rule, a larger, heavier firearm tends to carry better (and is more comfortable to carry) in a holster STYLE where the 2 belt loops are spaced farther apart on the gun belt (think Milt Sparks Criterion, VM-2, etc) ó- then is it fair to conclude a ďmicro compactĒ such as the p365 typically carries better in a holster STYLE such as the Sparks Summer Special, or SS-2 with the loop(s) closer together? I know holster STYLES seem to be categorized as paddle, scabbard, pancake, etc, etc....but Iím not sure I know the differences.

Presently, Iím in the market for a LEATHER IWB holster for the P365 so Iím trying to learn as much as I can before throwing away a chunk of change. My intent is to carry IWB at 3-4 oíclock-ish... as long as i can find a rig thatís acceptably comfortable. In other words, I donít want to carry a micro compact P365 in an elephant sized holster. Yes, I have a good gun belt (40Ē long, TYVM).
Iíd suggest you give Milt Sparks a call. They donít charge for consultation even if you werenít going to immediately buy a holster.

I have a SW M442 j-frame. Itís light as a feather and I also have a Summer Special for that gun. Frankly Iíd rather carry it in a VM II holster even though the VMII takes up more real estate.

It holds the gun more tight against your body with the grip tucked tighter to your side. The bulk does more than weight distribution but also stability. The holster doesnít shift when you move about.

I know it doesnít seem much but the reinforced mouth of the SS/SS2 coupled with the location of the belt loop really acts like a wedge between your pants and your body.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:20 PM

That's interesting. I take it the SS "wedge" you've described isn't a good thing.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
That's interesting. I take it the SS "wedge" you've described isn't a good thing.
No, itís not a good thing. Itís uncomfortable and just feels unnatural.

Granted that this is a revolver and the cylinder would make it wider than a pistol but you get the gist.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Iíd suggest you give Milt Sparks a call. They donít charge for consultation even if you werenít going to immediately buy a holster.

I have a SW M442 j-frame. Itís light as a feather and I also have a Summer Special for that gun. Frankly Iíd rather carry it in a VM II holster even though the VMII takes up more real estate.

It holds the gun more tight against your body with the grip tucked tighter to your side. The bulk does more than weight distribution but also stability. The holster doesnít shift when you move about.

I know it doesnít seem much but the reinforced mouth of the SS/SS2 coupled with the location of the belt loop really acts like a wedge between your pants and your body.
I see youíve posted a pic of your p365 in a M.S. Criterion in what appears to be a 3-3:30 position. Iím assuming youíd carry the 365 in a VM-2 in the same position. Would you prefer the 365 in a VM-2 or the Criterion.... and why? Iím wondering if the increased forward cant of the Criterion compared to the VM-2 is a good or bad thing at the 3-330 position. Or, is the deeper ride of the Criterion compared to the VM-2 a plus for carrying the 365?

Iím not married to Milt Sparks and Iíd really rather have a holster sooner than later. I just donít know of GOOD options for holsters similar to the VM-2 or Criterion. For that matter, Iím open to anything GOOD.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I see youíve posted a pic of your p365 in a M.S. Criterion in what appears to be a 3-3:30 position. Iím assuming youíd carry the 365 in a VM-2 in the same position. Would you prefer the 365 in a VM-2 or the Criterion.... and why? Iím wondering if the increased forward cant of the Criterion compared to the VM-2 is a good or bad thing at the 3-330 position. Or, is the deeper ride of the Criterion compared to the VM-2 a plus for carrying the 365?

Iím not married to Milt Sparks and Iíd really rather have a holster sooner than later. I just donít know of GOOD options for holsters similar to the VM-2 or Criterion. For that matter, Iím open to anything GOOD.
I donít have a VMII for the P365 but I do have a VMII for the Glock 43 and I do carry it in the same location.

Itís just my preference but I prefer the extreme rake of the Criterion IN SUBCOMPACT only. With medium and full size guns, the muzzle pokes out the back of the pants too much.

In the subcompact carry, the Criterion was more comfortable over the VMII.

If I were to carry a medium gun like a Commander, Iíd prefer a VMII. Actually Iíd prefer the older Heritage Limited but itís not offered any more.

Really good leathers are usually made to order by reputable saddlers unless the guns happen to be the more popular models.

I have a personal connection with Milt Sparks but I wouldnít lose sleep buying Kramer, Mitch Rosen either.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Whatever people call it, "the wedge" or bump created by the location of the metal reinforcement band sandwiched between leather coverings placed under the belt, is the reason why I don't favor the Summer Special 2.

Like my pal Jason Burton, I prefer the original Summer Special design, where the reinforced band is located above the belt's location thus allowing the profile of the holster to be maybe 1/4" thinner and not having such a pronounced "bump". Here is Jason's picture:

Other's mileage may vary. Some people like the "2" version, some people choose other brands. I've read that short barreled handguns works better with the "2" model as it holds the gun lower and deeper to prevent the exposed portion of the gun from tipping over.

Use what works and comfortable for you.

Last edited by Ricky T; 06-11-2020 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:52 AM

Would the P365 fit in a holster made for a Glock 43. I know the 43 is a little longer and has a squared trigger guard.
I’m looking at a another cross draw holster, made for the 43 but nor the 365.
I sold my crisscross, it was a nice holster but it didn’t draw the grip in towards the body like I like. It only had the one loop.

Last edited by HeavyLoad; 06-13-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
Whatever people call it, "the wedge" or bump created by the location of the metal reinforcement band sandwiched between leather coverings placed under the belt, is the reason why I don't favor the Summer Special 2.

Like my pal Jason Burton, I prefer the original Summer Special design, where the reinforced band is located above the belt's location thus allowing the profile of the holster to be maybe 1/4" thinner and not having such a pronounced "bump". Here is Jason's picture:

Other's mileage may vary. Some people like the "2" version, some people choose other brands. I've read that short barreled handguns works better with the "2" model as it holds the gun lower and deeper to prevent the exposed portion of the gun from tipping over.

Use what works and comfortable for you.
I would rather you dont post that picture any more. Drool is hard on my phone.