Anybody Seen Remington At SHOT 2020? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 04:27 PM

Anybody Seen Remington At SHOT 2020?

I'm not liking that I don't see the double-stack 1911s on the Remington site. Hoping that they have some at the show.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:38 PM

Shoot! Just went and looked at the Exhibitor Listing. No Remington at the Industry Day At The Range. But they are supposed to be at the show.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:03 PM

First things first.

Who ever designed that Remington web site must have worked at H&K at some point. It sucks as a source of information.

I wonder where the double stacks went. They bought Para and now it seems have just dropped the line. That's really sad and it basically means the only affordable double stack 1911 is RIA.

Not that RIA makes a bad gun, they don't. It's just sad to see Remington drop it.

After a bit of a search I found that they have a Para-USA web site. The address is the same as Remington.

However, it seems that they still aren't building pistols. There are none to be had.

Last edited by BrokenGrunt; 01-29-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenGrunt View Post
First things first.

Who ever designed that Remington web site must have worked at H&K at some point. It sucks as a source of information.

I wonder where the double stacks went. They bought Para and now it seems have just dropped the line. That's really sad and it basically means the only affordable double stack 1911 is RIA.

Not that RIA makes a bad gun, they don't. It's just sad to see Remington drop it.

After a bit of a search I found that they have a Para-USA web site. The address is the same as Remington.

However, it seems that they still aren't building pistols. There are none to be had.

Interesting, I didn't even know that Remingtom made a Double-Stack 1911 in 45acp. It only took me 5 minutes to find 10 of these for sale on an online auction site. The "Buy it Now" prices range from $965 - $1,035.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:28 PM

I'm looking for one in 9mm.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:00 PM

Back shortly after a number of firearms companies, including Remington, were combined under a new name of Remington Outdoor Company here in Huntsville, Al, the company issued a press release that, among other things, stated the Para-USA brand was dead. They kept the website to help owners to find support for warranty work. But Remington has not even set up a service center at their massive new facility. They sold all Para-branded parts in stock to a couple of independent shops where they ship guns for repair. There are threads on this here in the forum. You may want to look them up as I'm getting a little fuzzy on some of the details.

Remington decided to make some of the Para designs under their name. some double stack 45s and Travis Tomasie's .40S&W competition gun, and the long slide 10mm Hunter. They were produced on better machinery and with better materials. they also made some minor changes to improve feeding problems that plagued the Para-USA versions. I have the Remington Hunter (single stack) 10mm in oil-rubbed bronze finish. Needs a little work to get it running right but since I have other 10mm guns to shoot, I haven't made a real effort to get it fixed. Remington was going to send it to a shop in Paducah, KY for repair.

Anyway, I've been wanting to see (and hopefully buy) the double stack Tactical model with standard barrel. I know they made SOME. I've seen pictures. But here I live "down the road" from where they were made and I've never seen a single Remington double stack 45 1911. I want to examine one before I buy since I had such a bad experience with my Para-USA Black Ops double stack. I saw one Tomasie Custom .40S&W. And now they are all gone from the website. Hopefully a couple will come back after restructuring from their recent bankruptcy. But I fear that they may not.

I had hoped to hear that they were showing them at SHOT 2020. But apparently not. I think they had some of the Tomasie Cust there, even though they are not on Remington's site. But no double stack .45 1911s.

Last edited by GoneBallistic; 01-30-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:35 AM

https://www.para-usa.com/

The Tomasie model is now listed on the Para website.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:30 PM

The Para-USA branded guns are no longer being made. The Tomasie Custom, along with some of the other Para-USA models, have been re-tooled and manufactured by Remington in Huntsville, Alabama, with Remington's brand on it.

Here is a pic of the Remington-made and branded Tomasie Custom from SHOT 2020. They just didn't have any double-stack .45ACP 1911s at SHOT. The "Huntsville, Al" roll mark is on the frame just below the "Tomasie Custom" on the slide, and it has the new Remington serial number.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:31 PM

Did they have any double stack 9mm pistols?
Old 02-07-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenGrunt View Post
They bought Para years ago, and the they're still paying the web hosting for para-usa.com, where it's still 2014...
Old 02-08-2020, 12:52 PM

Remington has recently killed-off Bushmaster and DPMS....and I heard Tapco was toast too...I did not know the same bunch owned Tapco