Ed Brown Discounts - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-30-2019, 11:18 AM
Dddrees Dddrees is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,191
Ed Brown Discounts

Could someone please tell me whether Ed Brown offers Active and Retired LEOs and Military Service Memebrs any discount and what that might be?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-14-2020, 01:16 AM
Buccaneer12 Buccaneer12 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 85
I asked their customer service, was told they do not, and took my business elsewhere. Not that any place should feel obligated to provide it, Id just rather give my business to those that do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
Could someone please tell me whether Ed Brown offers Active and Retired LEOs and Military Service Memebrs any discount and what that might be?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-14-2020, 07:33 AM
passx passx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,291
I work part-time at O’Reilly’s auto parts and they give discounts to military as well as Leo’s and fire all active or retired. They take that very seriously and feel obligated to honor those groups sacrifices. So make sure to mention your service whenever or wherever you purchase something, you earned it !
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 01-14-2020, 11:40 AM
callmegoose77 callmegoose77 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
I work part-time at OíReillyís auto parts and they give discounts to military as well as Leoís and fire all active or retired. They take that very seriously and feel obligated to honor those groups sacrifices. So make sure to mention your service whenever or wherever you purchase something, you earned it !
Thank you! I know we all appreciate it!
__________________
I'd list the guns I own but the inventory keeps evolving.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-14-2020, 06:03 PM
Teufelhunde Teufelhunde is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 262
Call me weird, but if some business wants to offer me a discount, I will certainly take it. I WILL NOT ASK FOR IT....NO ONES OWES ME ANYTHING....I did the things I did, and made the decisions I made because they were in my best interest, as I perceived it at the time.

YMMV

Lon
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2020, 06:20 PM
behr70 behr70 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: PNW
Posts: 236
Ed Brown will with the LE/MIL proper credentials.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2020, 09:50 PM
AZ Husker's Avatar
AZ Husker AZ Husker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 20,175
I always wondered why so many companies offer a discount for active military (the majority who are not in harms way) yet decline combat vets.
__________________
Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2020, 11:33 PM
Dddrees Dddrees is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
Call me weird, but if some business wants to offer me a discount, I will certainly take it. I WILL NOT ASK FOR IT....NO ONES OWES ME ANYTHING....I did the things I did, and made the decisions I made because they were in my best interest, as I perceived it at the time.

YMMV

Lon
I feel the same way, I do.

However the main reason for me asking is because Wilson Combat offers a 20% discount and they openly publish this on their website. Not that I expect others to do the same but at these prices I have to say it's significant and a factor when deciding what to get. It isn't the only factor but it is something I weigh when making my decision just like anything else.

I did search the Ed Brown website and didn't find anything, however in another thread it appears the Ed Brown rep did say they offer a 10% military discount. This thread was created before that answer was offered.

Sorry but if they do offer a discount I won't ignore it either.

Last edited by Dddrees; 01-14-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-16-2020, 08:33 AM
Ed Brown Products Ed Brown Products is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Deep in America's Heartland
Posts: 188
Yes we offer a 10% discount on all parts for LE or Military..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-16-2020, 08:36 AM
Dddrees Dddrees is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Brown Products View Post
Yes we offer a 10% discount on all parts for LE or Military..

Thank you but to clarify this would extend to a gun as well correct?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-16-2020, 07:04 PM
behr70 behr70 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: PNW
Posts: 236
I have the MIL/LE Ed Brown account. I believe it apples only to parts and accessories, not firearms.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-18-2020, 04:57 AM
mil spec mil spec is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
Call me weird, but if some business wants to offer me a discount, I will certainly take it. I WILL NOT ASK FOR IT....NO ONES OWES ME ANYTHING....I did the things I did, and made the decisions I made because they were in my best interest, as I perceived it at the time.

YMMV

Lon
I feel the same way.
__________________
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-18-2020, 06:36 AM
passx passx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
Call me weird, but if some business wants to offer me a discount, I will certainly take it. I WILL NOT ASK FOR IT....NO ONES OWES ME ANYTHING....I did the things I did, and made the decisions I made because they were in my best interest, as I perceived it at the time.

YMMV

Lon
The problem with that is how do I know if you served so I can give you that discount to honor your service unless you tell me ? Not asking for you to brag or embellish but I have no idea unless you tell me, you earned that discount imho and so much more but you need to let me know.

I appreciate what has been done for me and my family so let me give you a little bit back.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-18-2020, 04:07 PM
scubadad scubadad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,359
I am also in retail auto parts. We ask our customers if they are military or first responder. I agree with passax. You guys earned it and we want to say our thanks for the freedom you have provided.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-18-2020, 11:05 PM
Buccaneer12 Buccaneer12 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by behr70 View Post
I have the MIL/LE Ed Brown account. I believe it apples only to parts and accessories, not firearms.
this is what they sent me:

"Thank you for your interest in Ed Brown 1911's. The LE/Mil discount applies to parts and accessories only, not firearms or service." The irony of being special forces and not having a purchase program for a pistol called the special forces was not lost on me and I found it exceedingly humorous

Again, totally their prerogative as no one is entitled to anything, but when NHC and Wilson etc do a purchase program, I'll give them my business instead. Ed Brown by all rights makes a great product, Im just of the mind that all things being equal, I'll support the companies that do it and be appreciative and grateful when they do. shrug.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-18-2020, 11:19 PM
Rastoff Rastoff is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: So Cal (Near Edwards AFB)
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer12 View Post
I asked their customer service, was told they do not, and took my business elsewhere.
Seriously?

I joined the USAF because I wanted to serve my country, not to get a discount. If someone offers it to me, I will accept it with humility, but I don't seek it.

I buy quality parts from quality companies because they are well made. Ed Brown makes top of the line products.
__________________
Remember, you can post here because they died over there.

www.blackrivertraining.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-19-2020, 01:22 AM
Buccaneer12 Buccaneer12 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
Seriously?

I joined the USAF because I wanted to serve my country, not to get a discount. If someone offers it to me, I will accept it with humility, but I don't seek it.

I buy quality parts from quality companies because they are well made. Ed Brown makes top of the line products.
Dude, don't start. Seriously. You don't rate.

Many of these companies support Mil and LE that way and you clearly need to re-read what I wrote. I clearly defended both Ed Brown's absolute right to determine what programs they offer, and the quality of their products. While I understand opinions on this topic vary widely, my personal view is that there is a difference between waiving a gov id around begging for something at every counter you walk up to and discussing a commissioned weapon. I don't ask for discounts places, and if I get 'made' in civilian clothes, I say thank you but it's not necessary, and graciously accept a second offer if its made if nothing else to not be rude. Although, given that you chopped my post and cherry picked so you could do some gas-lighting, you probably got exactly what I was saying.

This isn't a stroll into applebees with the "youre welcome for my service" while wearing a grunt style t shirt. A lot of craftsman view their programs like that as their contribution/support/appreciation to the war fighter. The couple of times I've had the pleasure of having something commissioned or built on a program like this that either was part of a school house training relationship, or a commemoration of an event or individual, or something that ended up getting used down range were extremely intimate and personal experiences between weapon maker and warrior. I've commissioned these items and then flown or driven my ass to the person extending it to have that relationship, because the relationships matter to us. The last time, I took team t shirts, a flag we flew at a pretty unique site, and my son on a road trip and spent the weekend with the people building it. It was an experience and a relationship of sharing stories that sticks with me, my son, and them for a lifetime. We got to participate in the way it was built, and they got to meet an end user. It is a truly intimate and unique experience that all of us value very, very much.

When I have the option to spend $3,500 on something, and my choices are between two quality manufacturers, I'm going to go with the one that has the program every single time, because I'm grateful that they do it and I want to give them my business. When people see us using some piece of gear, we get to say "yeah. Check out company x. They did us a solid on this." Whether you like it or not, these businesses get the benefit of feedback from the teams on their product, what works and what doesn't, and in the end the rest of the consumer base gets a better product.

So, Mr. I joined the USAF to serve my country, instead of trying to police how we do those relationships and what they mean to us, how about you finish pre-flight checks, make sure the pallets are strapped down, and let me know when we're 5 out from the DZ so I can wake the boys up.

Last edited by Buccaneer12; 01-19-2020 at 06:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-19-2020, 07:38 AM
glider glider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,942
I respect our police officers and military, however as has been said they made their choices and have been compensated. In all honesty it's a sales tool, a PR deal. The 20% that Wilson gives is probably less than they give stocking dealers and lets remember that it's a 3500 dollar or more 1911. I think there is probably a lot of profit left. It's their business and God Bless them but lets keep this in perspective.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-19-2020, 05:24 PM
Teufelhunde Teufelhunde is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
The problem with that is how do I know if you served so I can give you that discount to honor your service unless you tell me ? Not asking for you to brag or embellish but I have no idea unless you tell me, you earned that discount imho and so much more but you need to let me know.

I appreciate what has been done for me and my family so let me give you a little bit back.
If it is advertised or posted on the website, that is offered. What I mean is that if I don't see it, I won't ask for it.

YMMV

Lon
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-19-2020, 08:58 PM
passx passx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
If it is advertised or posted on the website, that is offered. What I mean is that if I don't see it, I won't ask for it.

YMMV

Lon
Teulfel, not trying to pop your chops at all ( OíReillyís does advertise this) but at my store I will say that having a brother that served in Vietnam & a store manager that is a former USMC that served in Afghanistan I can tell you that it may be a sales tool to some but it is felt to be an obligation at my store that extends to the Fire deptís & LE. Thatís all Iím going to say on it.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-20-2020, 10:04 PM
sagerider sagerider is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Winter in Arizona Summer in Idaho
Posts: 163
Just and update of Ed Brown discounts for military and LEO, I learned this AM there are none!!! Those discounts have expanded to give preference to all their customers by offering of free shipping on all parts orders over $!00. My suggestion is to go check Brownells if you were interested in a couple of magazines as I was. Brownells has them and they do offer military/LEO discounts and free shipping for $49.00. Like ED pistols but military LEO preference, not much.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-20-2020, 11:56 PM
AZ Husker's Avatar
AZ Husker AZ Husker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 20,175
...
__________________
Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Last edited by AZ Husker; 04-21-2020 at 12:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-21-2020, 12:03 AM
AZ Husker's Avatar
AZ Husker AZ Husker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 20,175
I agree with the very nice gestures that many give law enforcement and retired miltary. But as retired from both, I find it insulting that discounts are not given combat vets who didn't go all the way to retirement while a a twenty year desk jockey gets all the goodies.
__________________
Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-21-2020, 08:37 AM
joepilot joepilot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
Call me weird, but if some business wants to offer me a discount, I will certainly take it. I WILL NOT ASK FOR IT....NO ONES OWES ME ANYTHING....I did the things I did, and made the decisions I made because they were in my best interest, as I perceived it at the time.

Lon,

I will certainly not call you weird, but I will say that I very much appreciate your service (as well as your attitude). But I will say you are wrong on one point. All of us DO owe you a debt of gratitude for your service. If I were a business owner I would certainly offer some sort of discount for all active duty military personnel AND all veterans!

Thank you sir!
__________________
Cheers!

Joe
NRA Benefactor Member
"Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-21-2020, 10:11 AM
bradsvette bradsvette is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South
Posts: 2,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
I agree with the very nice gestures that many give law enforcement and retired miltary. But as retired from both, I find it insulting that discounts are not given combat vets who didn't go all the way to retirement while a a twenty year desk jockey gets all the goodies.
I agree with you. But what is a business supposed to do? They want to do something nice for the Military so they offer discounts to the Active Duty. How else could they do it? They'd have to see your DD-214 and read it. Some services (Air Force) are a bit more generous with medals and citations than others. I saw combat on both cruises, but my DD-214 doesn't mention it, other than unit citations. I have green ink in my logbook signifying that those flight hours were in combat, but I'd have to carry my logbook around. And if they went by what people told them then every vet was a Seal instead of, in reality, a clerk working in Admin-Pers.

Last edited by bradsvette; 04-21-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved