STI vs Triarc? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-15-2020, 05:31 PM

STI vs Triarc?

STI vs Triarc? and Staccato P vs. Tri11?

Apologies if this is an old or ongoing convo, there are some YouTubers saying Tri11 is much better in terms of build quality, reliability, and shootability.

Anyone mind to share some insights?
Old 04-15-2020, 07:50 PM

The Triarc is probably a little more hand built, but I've heard of issues with them as they are local to me. I've held them, but never shot one. They look cool.

Last edited by rangertrace; 04-15-2020 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:56 PM

I'm starting to think the only people that have them are youtubers and Instagram shooters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2020, 10:49 PM

I've seen them in a couple shops; they do look pretty nice and seem to be quite well built, but it'd be difficult for me to drop $3000 on one without more of a track record.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:00 AM

I have one of their 12.5 AR uppers thatís a middy gas system and itís the smoothest rifle Iíve ever shot. Even in comparison to my 16in. middyís. If their 2011ís are any way as good as these, hands down Iíd own one. There are a few guys that have reviewed them on YouTube. Iíd take a look there. Itíll be my next DS gun. Granted, I have 2 Marauders and a HOST 5.0 at the moment.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:47 AM

STI 2011 and Triarc 2011 pistols.....

I am a DIY gunsmith. Both the STI 2011 and the Triarc 2011 pistols are expensive. If these pistols sell in the $3,000 range, I would estimate the total cost to build one of these guns is in the $2,000 range, which would factor in the cost of the parts, the labor, and the overhead for the business.

I have purchased all the parts to build several of my own STI 2011 style pistols, and the total cost of parts was in the $1,400 range. Since I buy slides that are usually Parkerized, I do not feel the need to put a finish on the gun like hard chrome or other gun finishes, which adds more to the cost.

I have been shooting STI 2011 style guns for over 35 years, and my EDC gun is an STI 2011 Commander .38 super with hot loaded JHP bullets. I carry the gun cocked and locked with 16+1 rounds with one spare 17 round mag on my opposite hip. I am extremely confident with my STI 2011 pistol, and do not feel "undergunned!"
Old 04-17-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwehavinfunyet View Post
i am a diy gunsmith. Both the sti 2011 and the triarc 2011 pistols are expensive. If these pistols sell in the $3,000 range, i would estimate the total cost to build one of these guns is in the $2,000 range, which would factor in the cost of the parts, the labor, and the overhead for the business.

I have purchased all the parts to build several of my own sti 2011 style pistols, and the total cost of parts was in the $1,400 range. Since i buy slides that are usually parkerized, i do not feel the need to put a finish on the gun like hard chrome or other gun finishes, which adds more to the cost.

I have been shooting sti 2011 style guns for over 35 years, and my edc gun is an sti 2011 commander .38 super with hot loaded jhp bullets. I carry the gun cocked and locked with 16+1 rounds with one spare 17 round mag on my opposite hip. I am extremely confident with my sti 2011 pistol, and do not feel "undergunned!"
strong!!!
Old 06-27-2020, 03:01 PM

Jaygotgame - I am in the same predicament. It just seems as if the slide to frame fit is better on a Triarc than on a Staccato. I have a DW PMC9 and paid a lot less than either of the aforementioned guns and the frame to slide finish is simply awesome. And the gun rocks! Also, I don’t read of any issues with the Triarc’s. Staccatos do seem to have issues crop up with feed failures, magazine issues, etc. I know the Triarc costs a grand more but I don’t mind paying for better quality. If I am wrong, pls, anyone let me know.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:23 PM

The fit and finish seems slightly better on the 4-5 Triarcs I've been able to handle. I haven't shot any of them, or been able to take them apart to look at the internals, so who knows.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:18 AM

I have, or have had, 4 - 2020 Staccatos. I equate them as the Glocks of 2011's if that makes sense. Staccato, as a company, has made great strides in QC/ CS, but it's still a production gun. I had great success with all of the Staccatos. I've shot the Triarc as well, which is a small step up IMHO, but seems I never could find one optic ready and I hate ordering guns. I recently bought an Atlas Helios which is a phenomenal gun/ company. Simply put, the more labor hours that go into a 2011, the higher the price and nicer the gun, generally.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:59 PM

Thanks guys