Poor accuracy in 9mm Range Officer - Page 5 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-26-2018, 10:22 AM

Sometimes it's just the indian not the arrow. RO is a very good gun by a very good company . IMHO.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:29 PM

Not just good but great

I bought one in May. It stuttered on the first magzazine and has not failed since. In load developement I have not found a load that won't shoot into 2" or less at 25 yards all 124 to 148 cast (Mo. Bullet Co.) a toal of 1.130" w/ Bullseye and WW231.
The slide to frame and barrel fit is equal to any custom gun I've ever seen.
I have no idea why all the bad ones but mine has been a treat.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:38 AM

MY RO and Dan Wesson both needed about 100-150 rounds to break in. After the second trip to the range each has been reliable and accurate.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:39 AM

Hopefully they'll check the barrel/bushing fit for you. I only have two Springfields in 9mm (loaded target 9mms) and both are extremely accurate. I almost wondered why they offer fitting of a N.M. barrel in the custom shop...

A friend of mine has a stainless R.O. 9mm target and he sent his back as it was shooting high, all over the place and they got it shooting a million times better for him.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:31 AM

Bought a used RO on GB and pretty sure it went back to SA for the bushing job.
It's fit extremely tight along with the bbl lock up being very well done.
The bushing requires a wrench to remove and the bbl being used to bump it out of the slide.
Gun shoots 11/2-3" groups at 25 while bagged. I'm very happy with my Very good priced RO and its accuracy. again it may have been back for the bushing bbl lock up.
Since God is for you, who can ,succesfully , be against you! Romans 8:31
COTEP 0566
Old 04-14-2020, 12:47 PM

With everyone staying home, I've had a bit more time at the reloading bench lately. I measured the maximum combined overall length of a reloaded cartridge using the Hornady 125g HAP bullet and was surprised by the results. The projectile touches the lands in the barrel of my Springfield Armory Range Officer at a length of 1.222". Recommended C.O.L. for the HAP is 1.060", which would give me a bullet jump of 0.162", WOW! Match shooters tend to load the HAP at 1.140" C.O.L., which would still give me 0.082" of bullet jump.

I measured the maximum combined overall length of the HAP in my Rock Island Armory 1911 and the projectile touches the lands in the barrel at a length of 1.138", which is 0.084" shorter than the measurement on my Springfield Armory R.O. That might be one of the reasons the RIA is much more accurate than the R.O.

I loaded up some HAP reloads with a C.O.L. of 1.130" for the RIA and I am going to try them in my Springfield R.O. At that C.O.L., the bullet jump in the R.O. should be 0.092" or 0.070" closer to the lands in the barrel.

When the temperature rises and the wind lays down, it's off to the range for testing.