This Wilson Mag? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-24-2019, 02:12 PM

This Wilson Mag?

Anyone know where I can find the Wilson Mag on the left? It is an 8 round mag for Compact/Officers 9mm 1911s. This mag is my favorite for my Wilson Compact that doesn't have a magwell, but it os NOT available on the Wilson website. They have the one on the 8 rounders pictured on the Right on their website, but to the one on the left. I have a bunch of the one's pictured on the right, but only 2 of the ones on the right. I want more!

Unfortunately you can't just swap out baseplates because, as you can see, the mag body on the left is longer than the one on the right. Even if they have the baseplates for sale, I don't have the correct length mag bodies to put them on.

I want more of the mag pictured on the left

Old 11-24-2019, 02:22 PM

Magazines

gunmagwarehouse.com is showing two different 8 round Wilson Combat flush fitting magazines on their website.

Last edited by Simple Man; 11-24-2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-24-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
gunmagwarehouse.com is showing two different 8 round Wilson Combat flush fitting magazines on their website.
Do you mean this one? For some reason they are calling it a Sentinel Mag, which I assume is for their Sentinel line?

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/wilson-c...-with-pad.html

Now that I look at the Wilson site, it is for Sentinel pistols only. It is a 1/2 an inch shorter than the Compact. So no workie for me.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Base-Pa...uctinfo/47BLP/

Last edited by Harrish; 11-24-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 03:18 PM

Magazines

There is one there that is called Elite Tactical Compact. It's at the bottom of the page. $41.99 each
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20191124-165559.png  

Last edited by Simple Man; 11-24-2019 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Add picture
Old 11-24-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
There is one there that is called Elite Tactical Compact. It's at the bottom of the page. $41.99 each
Yes that is the one on the right in my pic in my original post. I'm looking for the one on the left. But I appreciate the effort!
Old 11-25-2019, 02:53 AM

I have the 45 version of the one you want. I also have their 9 round 9mm ETMs with the magwell basepad. If i can remember i will try to swap the basepads and see if the frankenmag fits correctly or not. This may be the way to go for you if this works.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:19 AM

I just sent in my older Sentinel for the Package 3 tune up and refinish. I provided 3 of the mags on the left and got back three of the mags on the right. My Sentinel has a compact length grip ... not the shorter Sentinel grip. I actually like the shorter mags better because they sit nearly flush (no mag well on my gun). The longer mags stuck out a bit. It seems like they are transitioning to the shorter version. At the least, call them. They have my three mags and might want to sell them to you.

... addicted to pulling the trigger!

COTEP Member No. 0265
Old 11-26-2019, 10:56 AM

I'm confused, isn't this what you are looking for with the ETM base-pad

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-El...tinfo/500-9C9/
I'm a 1911 addict -- 9mm's: ACW Brimstone, Les Baer Stinger, Benchmark Precision Bobtail, Vic Tibbets bobtail, Volkmann Combat Carry, Ed Brown Kobra Carry, WC Sentinel Compact, WC ULCC, WC Bobtail Professional, NH T4, NH Counselor and a G43 -- 38 Super's: GI Government, WC Professional, WC Stealth, WC CQB Elite, DW CBOB, DW Guardian, WC Sentinel Compact....and oh 3 mid 70's Colt Commanders out for a builds; NH, KGB and Mr. Yost.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy1911 View Post
I'm confused, isn't this what you are looking for with the ETM base-pad

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-El...tinfo/500-9C9/
That is the 9 round mag which generally goes on the Compact frame with a Magwell (which you can see in the first picture below on a Compact/Officers frame with a Magwell. I'm looking for an 8 round mag for a Compact/Officers frame WithOut a Magwell.

Carry Comp with Compact/Officers frame WITH a magwell with a 9 round mag with the newer baseplate

Carry Comp with Compact/Officers frame WITHOUT a magwell with a shorter 8 round mag with an older low-profile baseplate

The ONLY 8 round 9mm mag WC currently sells with a baseplate is pictured on on the right in the pic below. Though they BOTH are 8 round mags, the Mag Body on the mag on the right is shorter than the mag body on the mag on the left. That means you can't simply buy the mag on the right and swap baseplates; the mag would not fit as it would be too short to reach the mag catch; the old baseplate would prevent the mag from being inserted far enough to engage the mag catch:

Last edited by Harrish; 11-26-2019 at 11:28 AM.