1911Forum banner

Brown 9mm and 38 Super

965 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  IrishOM 
#1 ·
Hi all-

I have several Browns in 45, and I generally think of them as a 45 shop, as opposed to some of the others. I am now thinking of ordering a Brown in a lighter caliber and have some questions.

First, I notice that the 9mm barrels they sell to gunsmiths/hobbyists are non ramped. Is this the case with their 9mm guns as well? If so, is there any reason they have decided to do this when most of the other good shops use a ramped barrel?

Second, along these lines, does anybody notice that the Brown 9mms don't feed well, or have troubles in some way? My experiences with unramped 9s have actually been good, but I grew up in the area where nobody thought 9mm 1911s worked, so I am a little superstitious.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I have an EB EE in 9mm and all it does is run. Give me non ramped 9mm barrels all day long a la Colt as well. I have 2 9mm Colts and they run 100%.

#5 ·
Fired my custom order Executive Carry in Super yesterday for the 1st time.

Shot it along with 4 full custom guns, a DW custom Super, and my custom made DW Super ECO, and the Exec Carry was by far the smoothest shooting gun of the lot.

Amazing pistol, period.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.