Extractor A1 CS - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-13-2020, 06:47 PM

Extractor A1 CS

I’m sure this has been asked before but having a problem searching for it.

What extractor should I get for the A1 CS, I put this gun up because I was having problems with FTE, it has been a couple of years and finally thought I would mess with it. I tried tweaking the extractor but still have the same problem, was going to try a new one.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:01 PM

Ed Brown or Wilson

I had favorable results with an Ed Brown in my Rock Island compact size. Others were also having good luck with Wilson although I never tried theirs. The gun never ran perfect but the new extractor helped quite a bit.

The problem with Rock Island extractors is two-fold. Their geometry can be incorrect requiring tweaking the tension/curvature. The second problem is their metallurgy is also less than optimum meaning that the extractor will not hold the perfect geometry even if it can be reached.

If you have another (higher quality) 1911, swap it's extractor into the Rock Island and run a couple magazines through it. My Kimber's extractor "fixed" my Rock Island until the new one arrived.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:52 PM

From experience and reading the forums, someone buying a Rock should expect to replace the extractor in short order.
The modern production 1911 - high visibility sights, beavertail grip safety, aluminum trigger, good trigger pull, enhanced slide/ frame fit, accurized barrel/bushing fit. If itís not a Kimber, itís a copy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2020, 09:11 AM

Look at the claw and see that it's intact and not broken, a FTE (extract). FTE, failure to eject is something else.

My experience on RIA if something is going to break it's the extended ejectors, all mine broke in short order.