When your wife tells you that lib friend... - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-10-2020, 03:09 PM

When your wife tells you that lib friend...

...who talked about buying a gun awhile back asked his wife to get your number from your wife.

I know the call is coming.

“What’s the process.”

“What should I buy.”

“Can you take me to the range?”

“Where can I get ammo?”

“Why can’t I just load up with a box of this fmj stuff and be done with it?”

I’ll probably let him shoot my P320 and maybe my Glock, decide what feels better between the two and figure out size based on use. Maybe start him with a box of range 9 and a couple magazines worth of SD ammo.

I want so badly to slip in “And don’t vote for people who want to erode your right to do this.”

But we don’t talk politics and I don’t want to make trouble so I guess I’ll behave him and just give him info. They will buy a gun to feel safer and take advantage of the laws that still let them do it easily because Republicans control the legislature here, but never reconsider their vote.

Last edited by dsk; 09-10-2020 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:18 PM

Yea, reel him in slowly.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:19 PM

are you crazy?

We dont even talk to any liberals anymore. My wife has to interact with them at work sometimes. She has been bullied and badgered by these "friendly" liberals since before Trump was elected. She has learned not to get baited and suckered into any conversations by these fake creatures. Liberals are cognitive illiterate and absent of soul. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them for your own safety. I don't care how nice they appear to be. They condone the murder of children and totalitarian oppression. Find some new friends who are like minded or go it alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2020, 03:20 PM

You bring up that voting thing on the 3rd range trip. Small comments that don't start a fight are the way to go. "This is so much fun, so glad we the right to do this", etc..
Old 09-10-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnut View Post
are you crazy?

We dont even talk to any liberals anymore. My wife has to interact with them at work sometimes. She has been bullied and badgered by these "friendly" liberals since before Trump was elected. She has learned not to get baited and suckered into any conversations by these fake creatures. Liberals are cognitive illiterate and absent of soul. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them for your own safety. I don't care how nice they appear to be. They condone the murder of children and totalitarian oppression. Find some new friends who are like minded or go it alone.

^^^^This. They are the enemy. They do everything in their power to take your rights away from you. Why would you help them with anything? Don't turn your back on him when you are done. He may shoot your there.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:59 PM

Yes, the key is to be cool. Be the Gun Guy that is surprisingly (to them) nice & reasonable.

Through you he will probably meet more nice & reasonable gun owners.

At that point the switch will click in his head. He will decide, on his own, to listen to your thoughts on legality.

Because NOBODY can EVER be swayed to a new perspective by a hardliner's accusational ranting.

If one is not fair & rational their position will OF COURSE be viewed as Unfair and Irrational.

Ya can't simply kill the Millions of Democrat voters. One must TURN some to prevail politically. That means playing nice.

Btw, Note this voter registration breakdown info from Wikipedia, that echos a BBC story I head a few months back:

31% Democrat
25% Republican
And a WHOPPING 40% Independent!

Grabbing some of that 40% (by being rational) is key to our survival.

Angrily circling the wagons around our 25% minority is a poor long term strategy. Unless every single Republican fathers a dozen republican-voting children.

Last edited by magazineman; 09-10-2020 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:14 PM

In my corner of NM is very conservative, we do have liberals but we know who they are and where they live. LOL
Old 09-10-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnut View Post
are you crazy?

So much for e pluribus unum.

Too bad your wife got badgered. If we go down, it'll be because we've forgotten how to live as a nation alongside people who don't always agree with us. And that goes for both sides.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:42 PM

I would just say no. If I was curious I would ask why he is even interested in shooting or guns. If he is on the fence I would say if he votes Republican yes. If he waffles a definite no.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:43 PM

I think libs buying guns is a good sign. Its the first baby step in converting them to a 2nd amendment proponent. Once they buy a gun, learn how to use it, get a CCW license, and feel the comfort of the security that only a gun can give you from a criminal that wants to do you harm; they will never want to give it up their right to keep and bear arms. Never.

Examples of other things that people don't want to give up:

1. Locks on your homes. In this day and age you need to lock your home. The days of leaving a back door or the front door unlock are way past us.

2. It's like an alarm system in the house. You get used to it whether you really need it or not. You arm it when you leave the house or when you lock up for bed at night. It creates a psychological comfort zone knowing your home and your things are safe... well at least it gives you early warning of an intrusion. Once you get used to it, you feel uncomfortable or insecure if you forget to arm the system, or if it becomes inoperative. At least I do. I have had an alarm system for at least 30 years and I religiously arm it at night or when I leave.

3. Its also like a cell phone. Never leave home without one. If I do forget my cell phone, I go right back and get it. You never know when you will need road assistance, emergency 911, or get an emergency call from family, as well as that dreaded call from the alarm monitoring company.

So the point I make, once these liberals realize that a gun is just one of several things they need to keep themselves safe, (Even if it is only psychological sense of security) they will never vote for a politician that wants to take their RKBA away.

It will make conservatives or at least middle of the road Democrats out of the far leftists. Just like no one will ever vote for a politician that will take away their cell phones, door locks and alarm systems, they will never let a politician take away their right to self defense.

my 2 cents...
Old 09-10-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post

“Where can I get ammo?”

How you need to answer that question is: BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Attached Thumbnails
A50F57B9-B5CA-4241-A146-FB926F5D1D41.jpeg  
Old 09-10-2020, 05:16 PM

I think I would make an effort to win him over.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:22 PM

At this point I do not bother with them .

They can go look up on the internet what to buy.

Likely out of stock by now.

Let them be surprised by all the gun control laws, CA NY and NJ.

Let them have a negative learning experience with the background check and waiting period. Maybe even need a judge to approve. Or have the Roster in CA or MA list of approved handguns. Or maybe need a pistol permit such as in NC without the concealed carry permit that they obviously would not have

After going through all the twists and turns they will see first hand how many lies they have believed by the Democrats who said it was so easy to get a gun .

Worse yet likely they will still vote Democrat.

Democrats will vote to take your guns.

Life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.

Last edited by OttoLoader; 09-10-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:36 PM

Minorcan----------- Republican Registration is NOT going to come first. No way. He's gotta be eased in.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:57 PM

OttoLoader ----------------- The guy's gonna have those gun/ammo procurement problems anyhow.

Having some expert & helpful guidance, from a Republican (presumably!) can show him that we are okay people.

The man is already reaching out. That's a big step.

Don't shut the door on him now.

------------ what would you think of Orthodontists or The Shriners if the first one you met gave you the finger?

----------- Being nice can only help. Being a weenie can only hurt us.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:57 PM

We don't have liberal friends, don't befriend such people, don't hang out with such people.

"So much for e pluribus unum."

That ship already sailed. There's no "unum" about it.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
OttoLoader ----------------- The guy's gonna have those gun/ammo procurement problems anyhow.

Having some expert & helpful guidance, from a Republican (presumably!) can show him that we are okay people.

The man is already reaching out. That's a big step.

Don't shut the door on him now.

------------ what would you think of Orthodontists or The Shriners if the first one you met gave you the finger?

----------- Being nice can only help. Being a weenie can only hurt us.
Who said give them the finger, hint you did not me.

I would not bother with them on this .

They can figure it out if the are actually motivated enough.

Living in a state like CA they could even already be prohibitted as far as I knew.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoLoader View Post
At this point I do not bother with them .

They can go look up on the internet what to buy.

Likely out of stock by now.

Let them be surprised by all the gun control laws, CA NY and NJ.

Let them have a negative learning experience with the background check and waiting period. Maybe even need a judge to approve. Or have the Roster in CA or MA list of approved handguns. Or maybe need a pistol permit such as in NC without the concealed carry permit that they obviously would not have

After going through all the twists and turns they will see first hand how many lies they have believed by the Democrats who said it was so easy to get a gun .

Worse yet likely they will still vote Democrat.

Democrats will vote to take your guns.

Life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.
Agreed. Sticking your hand out to a Democrat means losing the hand. Just PASS.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:27 PM

Set him up to fire three boxes of stout .357 Mags out of a Scandium J-Frame.
After he pulls the trigger for the first shot your problem will be solved.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
I think libs buying guns is a good sign. Its the first baby step in converting them to a 2nd amendment proponent. Once they buy a gun, learn how to use it, get a CCW license, and feel the comfort of the security that only a gun can give you from a criminal that wants to do you harm; they will never want to give it up their right to keep and bear arms. Never.
^^^^Yes, thatís how I view it.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:49 PM

Lol or hand him my airweight S&W 360 with 4 .38s AND THEN a .357.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:23 PM

OttoLoader --------------- I meant "giving the finger" I didn't mean literally throwing a digit.

I meant ignoring his request for help. He's already eating some crow & coming hat-in-hand.

Sounds like someone who's open to change This should be fostered, not shut down.

Us Pro 2A voters are all gonna die someday. If our minority of voters gets any smaller the 2A is doomed. We need to replace ourselves.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:27 PM

Let them pay a pro. In my experience the leftists always want a shortcut.
You’ve paid your dues learning, let them do the same.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
OttoLoader --------------- I meant "giving the finger" I didn't mean literally throwing a digit.

I meant ignoring his request for help. He's already eating some crow & coming hat-in-hand.

Sounds like someone who's open to change This should be fostered, not shut down.

Us Pro 2A voters are all gonna die someday. If our minority of voters gets any smaller the 2A is doomed. We need to replace ourselves.
Magman

Your inclination motive is positive.

I am suggesting to be savvy and prudent about communication of what firearms you own etc.
Also though their motive may be good.
How do you know who they are talking to.?

I would not be rude, at all. I would suggest they go to a reliable gun store and start their journey there.

For try before by you could let them know of some public range with rentals.

Advantage of them working through the process is they will "feel the pain" af all those "common sense " gun control laws they likely supported.
Perhaps that is the key to convert them.

Be prudent and savvy.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post

Examples of other things that people don't want to give up:

1. Locks on your homes. In this day and age you need to lock your home. The days of leaving a back door or the front door unlock are way past us.

2. It's like an alarm system in the house. You get used to it whether you really need it or not. You arm it when you leave the house or when you lock up for bed at night. It creates a psychological comfort zone knowing your home and your things are safe... well at least it gives you early warning of an intrusion. Once you get used to it, you feel uncomfortable or insecure if you forget to arm the system, or if it becomes inoperative. At least I do. I have had an alarm system for at least 30 years and I religiously arm it at night or when I leave.

3. Its also like a cell phone. Never leave home without one. If I do forget my cell phone, I go right back and get it. You never know when you will need road assistance, emergency 911, or get an emergency call from family, as well as that dreaded call from the alarm monitoring company.

So the point I make, once these liberals realize that a gun is just one of several things they need to keep themselves safe, (Even if it is only psychological sense of security) they will never vote for a politician that wants to take their RKBA away.

It will make conservatives or at least middle of the road Democrats out of the far leftists. Just like no one will ever vote for a politician that will take away their cell phones, door locks and alarm systems, they will never let a politician take away their right to self defense.

my 2 cents...
You may be right in a few rare instances but my experience with taking liberal family members shooting is that they will usually enjoy shooting my guns and happily go back to the business of voting for the Hillary/DiFi/McAuliffe types without any thought whatsoever about changing.

As for those liberals who do buy or already own guns, the attitude I have observed is Hell, I already have guns! Ergo no need to not abrogate other people's rights.

Obviously you are free to try converting them as it suits you. No liberal or Democrat will ever* shoot my guns again or get any but bare bones advice from me again. Not worth my time.

*My mother, who calls herself independent but really votes Dem, is an exception. Everyone else can protect themselves with a broom stick in a riot as far as I am concerned.