It's finally here! - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-28-2020, 11:30 AM

It's finally here!

I ordered a Prime Elite in .45acp in January - Hard chrome frame and small parts, upgraded accuracy, scalloped ejection port, adjustable sights, fancy walnut grips. I got the call yesterday that it was in.
While I was able to fondle it and take a photo, my state's "instant" check system is still very slow so I can't pick it up to shoot it until tomorrow.
Here's a crappy teaser photo using my phone...
Attached Thumbnails
ACW Prime Elite 2.0.jpg  
Old 08-28-2020, 11:57 AM

Very nice looking, when I ordered my Prime Elite I went back and forth on the chrome lower. But in the end I went with blue partly because of wait time. I also ordered my gun in January and it has been in my hands about 3 months.

Last edited by RodII; 08-28-2020 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Oso View Post
I ordered a Prime Elite in .45acp in January - Hard chrome frame and small parts, upgraded accuracy, scalloped ejection port, adjustable sights, fancy walnut grips. I got the call yesterday that it was in.
While I was able to fondle it and take a photo, my state's "instant" check system is still very slow so I can't pick it up to shoot it until tomorrow.
Here's a crappy teaser photo using my phone...
Beautiful. We ned a range report tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2020, 01:37 PM

Congrats! Looking forward to the range report.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:28 AM

Here is my abbreviated range report on my Prime Elite. It’s a freaking tack driver....

Seriously, the fit and finish is superb. The little touches like blended barrel and bushing and the FBI slide stop cut, give the gun the full custom feel. Rob’s polishing and blue work are fantastic! The hard chrome lower and blued slide really do this 1911 justice. The grips are the fancy walnut upgrade.

I got the additional accuracy work done and the gun certainly performs. The slide lock up is tight (I assume the bushing, barrel lugs and hood are too but I haven’t had the gun shipped down other than to put some more oil on it during the initial few hundred rounds).

I like the under cut trigger guard as it gets the bore closer in line with my arm to assist in recoil management. I’ve fired 300 rounds of 185 gr FP, JHP and 230 gr FMJ out of it without a problem.

The sights are superbly fitted and centered perfectly. My only faux pas, was ordering the adjustable Novak’s and Gold Bead front. My old eyes can’t pick up the Gold bead front ( I mostly shoot indoors) and should have gone with the fiber optic front and fixed rear. Perhaps I’ll send it back to Rob down the road to get the sites swapped out. For now though, I’m using my corrective lens glasses and doing the best I can. Here are a few photos... the targets were shot at 10 yds, 50 rounds each.
Attached Thumbnails
244D50D3-3D7B-4D4A-A0DA-4121DD2F6A12.jpeg   4751FD6F-DD20-4A8A-9FFB-C735FDA6812D.jpeg   4393B263-638B-49A7-B767-BEC6AAF50BD1.jpeg  

Last edited by Sr. Oso; 09-13-2020 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:49 PM

I am excited, I just made my last payment on a Prime elite. I placed the order in May. I can't wait.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:57 PM

That color combo is eye-catching. It would be hard for me to depart from the ACW blue, though. The reflection in that blue is very deep. Enjoy that pistol!
Old 09-14-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Bandit View Post
That color combo is eye-catching. It would be hard for me to depart from the ACW blue, though. The reflection in that blue is very deep. Enjoy that pistol!
You are right, the ACW blue is spectacular! I wanted something that was a little different from my other blued 1911s. Its definitely going to be the first 1911 out of the safe. Im looking forward to putting more rounds down range.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:43 PM

You have one very fine pistol there ...

I know I'am going Tritium front sight for my old eyes . That white circle
just jumps out at you .
Old 09-14-2020, 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=Sr. Oso;13273330]

“The sights are superbly fitted and centered perfectly. My only faux pas, was ordering the adjustable Novak’s and Gold Bead front. My old eyes can’t pick up the Gold bead front ( I mostly shoot indoors) and should have gone with the fiber optic front and fixed rear. “

I switched my order from Novak adjustable/gold bead to ACW fixed rear and fiber optic front for just that reason. My crappy eyes need all the help they can get.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:48 PM

Very nice piece. I like the two tone.

Enjoy!
Old 09-18-2020, 05:57 PM

Very nice. Something you will enjoy for a long time.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:22 AM

Congratulations, and some prett sweet shooting! Shes a true keeper!!