Ed Brown Service - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-21-2020, 08:31 PM

Ed Brown Service

Picked up this used Executive Carry last week. I've seen some negative comments on another thread about Brown being slow or not responding to emails or contacts for service. Last weekend I was thinking about sending the EC to Brown for some added "pretty" features. I emailed their service on Saturday and had a response by 8:20am Monday. They courteously answered my questions.
Just wanted to share my experience and show the gun.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4057.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	592366
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_4060.JPG  

Last edited by razorback1; 08-22-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:41 PM

My first was a used gun. I sent it in to them just to check it out and change out the loose ambi safety. They’ve been great to me every time.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:30 AM

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing!

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2020, 12:16 PM

They get a bad rap over the email first and we'll get in touch with you system.

Many "gun" people want the phone picked up on the 1st ring buy a gunsmith or Ed Brown himself.

I like their guns and own a KC but probably wouldn't buy one again as I feel; they just don't value or appreciate the customer like the other semi-customs do. They feel you are the lucky one to own an Ed Brown and not that they are for having you as a customer
I'm a 1911 addict -- 9mm's: ACW Brimstone, Les Baer Stinger, Volkmann Combat Carry, Ed Brown Kobra Carry, WC Sentinel Compact, WC ULCC, WC Bobtail Professional, NH T4, NH Counselor and a G43 -- 38 Super's: GI Government, WC Professional, WC Stealth, WC CQB Elite, DW CBOB, DW Guardian, WC Sentinel Compact....and oh 3 mid 70's Colt Commanders out for a builds; NH, KGB and Mr. Yost.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:56 PM

I had excellent service from EB as well when I sent in my EC.

Quick turn around and excellent work.

Tim
Old 08-22-2020, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Always had good service from EB .

Recommend shooting some before sending it in . You may come across something needing attention or change .

We remember our friends Art , Chuck , Jim , John , Lou , Roger & Stephen .
Old 08-22-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy sajer View Post
Always had good service from EB .

Recommend shooting some before sending it in . You may come across something needing attention or change .
Yes, haven't yet but will run couple hundred rounds through it before spending for upgrades. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2020, 08:56 PM

I find their attention to detail on new guns (2) lacking.
Either they were just too lazy to check them before they mailed them or they just didn't care and sent them anyway.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whobuys View Post
I find their attention to detail on new guns (2) lacking.
Either they were just too lazy to check them before they mailed them or they just didn't care and sent them anyway.
Curious, what were the issues and when?

One of my new orders had trigger creep-~4 years ago, but the new ones I've ordered since have been perfect in all aspects.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:08 AM

The few times I've contacted ED Brown, I must say they were very resposive.

Earlier this week I asked about obtaining an additional slide for my 38S commander; I was curious as to costs since I wanted to have a red dot sight and keep my original slide unaltered - I assumed some fitting to my frame would be required, but it doesn't appear possible as they no longer offer 38 Super. I'll shelve that idea, as I'm not cutting the original slide.

But, as I said, they were timely in response to my questions.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:24 PM

I shipped a pistol slide to them via regular UPS Tuesday morning. They got it Wed morning. Worked on it immediately. I had it back on Thursday. They reblasted the slide finish.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:17 AM

Ed Brown’s relatively new customer service system (e-mail) seems to work well for the Ed Brown team, and yes they certainly follow up. I just prefer to call in, and speak with a real person. This is a cost saving strategy for Ed Brown, that I feel looses a more personal customer service approach. No surprise, customer service is costly and essential. Sadly, I expect to see more of this (less personal touch) from other semi custom companies. How well it’s conducted, will separate the semi custom builders. JMO.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-1 View Post
Ed Brownís relatively new customer service system (e-mail) seems to work well for the Ed Brown team, and yes they certainly follow up. I just prefer to call in, and speak with a real person. This is a cost saving strategy for Ed Brown, that I feel looses a more personal customer service approach. No surprise, customer service is costly and essential. Sadly, I expect to see more of this (less personal touch) from other semi custom companies. How well itís conducted, will separate the semi custom builders. JMO.
We find it to be so much more effective when we can gather the info needed if any to help sort out whatever problem that may come up. By answering the very few questions on the contact form we can have a lot of info at our disposal when contact is made. If for some reason you do not think we value our customers or don't do all we can to service every customer, you are wrong. I will be the first to admit that I can not please everyone but I do make sure that our team does all they can to resolve anything that comes up. As a rule I personally handle most all of the I need help calls and do it as quickly as I can. The team works as a team to make sure that our customers are served as soon as we can, all of our team members are fully committed to customer service and as a group we have a ton of experience helping customers with custom handguns.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:39 PM

My recent email exchange's with EB have been quick and positive. 2 thumbs up for them!
Old 09-12-2020, 02:10 PM

I can see where if Brown has some information the service can be better. Think how many people call and just do a brain dump on the poor CS person that took the call.

Everyone wants human contact and interaction but the world is going in a different direction.

Ed Brown Rep, I know you stopped making 38 supers, could you tell us roughly how many 38 supers were made/requested last year?

Was it 20 or a 200 ? Thanks
I'm a 1911 addict -- 9mm's: ACW Brimstone, Les Baer Stinger, Volkmann Combat Carry, Ed Brown Kobra Carry, WC Sentinel Compact, WC ULCC, WC Bobtail Professional, NH T4, NH Counselor and a G43 -- 38 Super's: GI Government, WC Professional, WC Stealth, WC CQB Elite, DW CBOB, DW Guardian, WC Sentinel Compact....and oh 3 mid 70's Colt Commanders out for a builds; NH, KGB and Mr. Yost.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:09 PM

azguy1911, I was able to get two of them. If I knew that the .38 Super was going to be dropped from their lineup I would have ordered my pistol calibers in a different sequence. I would have ordered all the .38 Supers first. I was able to get a Government and CCO in .38 Super. I really hate that I missed out on their Commander .38 Super.

Oh well...... Glad I got what I got though.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:18 PM

They do a great job of following up. I have reached out to them on a couple of issues and they always respond in less than 24 hours. But I expect more personal interaction and I am willing to pay to have it my way. I send almost everything to Nighthawk for service and warranty work. Yes I pay out of pocket to have another company to fix issues that would be free. My time is extremely valuable and if I need to talk to someone, there is always someone available to assist. Please understand this is not a knock against Ed Brown service. There way works for them. I am a relationship kind of guy and that is hard to build through the email process. Brown's service is much improved since John has joined there team. I currently have 5 pistols at Nighthawk for minor service. 2 Ed Brown's 2 Wilson's of which one is a Supergrade and 1 Les Baer. I know who is working on the pistols and who to call to check on there process. Ed Brown has a faster turnaround than most shops and they have a great package deal called the basic service. It includes round trip shipping, inspection, ultrasonic cleaning, and spring replacement. That is a great customer focused package deal.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:20 PM

I think most people consider Ed Brown's customer service to be pretty good.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:55 PM

Bob7, thanks for sharing your approach and why-good stuff.