Federal has ammo in stock - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-19-2020, 07:38 AM

Federal has ammo in stock

Just got a heads up from a different forum stating they have ammo IN STOCK. Just ordered a bunch of 9mm. Better hurry if you need or want some. Looking like it might not last very long.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:42 AM

OP fails

https://www.federalpremium.com/handgun/american-eagle/
Old 08-19-2020, 07:57 AM

Hmmm not sure why. Federal premium.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2020, 07:59 AM

Sorry can't do editing on my phone. www.federalpremium.com
Old 08-19-2020, 09:13 AM

I guess if you need some your gonna have to pay but at 19 bucks a box for 9mmAE I will pass. 45AE at 29 a box and 44mag AE sp at 71 bucks a box. Damn I'm glad reload and stock up when the gettin is good.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:43 AM
Administrator

The prices. Ouch.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:52 AM

The prices are high yes I agree 100% without a doubt. I'm way late to the game (60 yrs old and only been shooting pistols for a little over a year) where I live IF you can find what you want at local stores you have to put up with the 100 round limit. I might finally get some free time this weekend so I'll be out seeing what's available in reloading equipment. Winter time here in Michigan is just around the corner.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunker View Post
I guess if you need some your gonna have to pay but at 19 bucks a box for 9mmAE I will pass. 45AE at 29 a box and 44mag AE sp at 71 bucks a box. Damn I'm glad reload and stock up when the gettin is good.
Those prices are pretty much in line with the local gun stores near me -- except you're lucky if they have any in stock.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:30 PM

likely won't be that low next week...if it's even available.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:54 PM

I ordered some buckshot and other shotgun shells from them. I could not find buckshot any where else I looked.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:03 PM

I am finding it pretty difficult to feel sorry for people.

That did not stock up while the stocking was good. There has been plenty of ammo around lately at very good prices for several years.

All of a sudden everybody is all in a panic.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:26 PM

Maybe I should have ordered more when their Syntech was $14.99/50rd last month. I was too afraid to order too much when I didn't know if my pistol would function good with them. I don't want to repeat the same mistake I made with the 22LR ammo.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
That did not stock up while the stocking was good. There has been plenty of ammo around lately at very good prices for several years.

That's true for most of us that have been shooting for a few years and know how the shortages come and go. I do hate to see new young shooters not be able to shoot if they want to due to lack of ammo old formally anti gun ones not so much.

I am in fairly good shape as far as ammo goes but I did want to add some more buckshot to the armory.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:

Lots of the people buying at higher prices are new to guns. You can't blame them they have no frame of reference. They also have no choice. You have to have bullets to shoot or you have a expensive paperweight.

I agree if you have been into guns for years then you should have seen this coming. Prices were at some of the lowest prices in decades in 2019 and early 2020. You also have to remember not everyone has the resources to buy case loads or the room to store it. It is easy to pile on but it doesn't mean we should.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellascout View Post
Lots of the people buying at higher prices are new to guns. You can't blame them they have no frame of reference. They also have no choice. You have to have bullets to shoot or you have a expensive paperweight.

I agree if you have been into guns for years then you should have seen this coming. Prices were at some of the lowest prices in decades in 2019 and early 2020. You also have to remember not everyone has the resources to buy case loads or the room to store it. It is easy to pile on but it doesn't mean we should.
I agree with you on the truly "new to guns" people. I was talking to some guy ( I was buying a pistol off of him), a week or so ago and he said he was going to have to buy an AR (that's why he was selling this pistol). He bought one during that last panic but when it was over, sold the AR. So even some of the "I just bought an AR and need ammo" people, only have themselves to blame.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:15 PM

Went to get my Hunting/Fishing license today at my local Academy Store. Went to the ammo section just for grins. Shelves were pretty bare except for one section that had several boxes of Blazer Brass in .45. 17.99 a box limit 5. Not bad considering. They must have just got it in. Bet it's gone now...
Old 08-19-2020, 05:53 PM

This is a valid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellascout View Post

I guess that I should have noted that. I was mostly just considering the procrastinators, etc. You are correct insofar as new shooters are concerned. But the people that are complaining the most are. The ones that just did not want to spend the money when they should have.

I have been trying to help out a couple of relatives right now. But my wife and I have been telling them for years. And they have plenty of money. And I have told them that it is really hard for me to work up much sympathy for them.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:34 PM
Banned

That price is too high for me.

Just had my order processed at a much lower cost.

It is out there. Just have to order and wait. I am getting these after 2 weeks, so I order what I think I will consume every 2 weeks, knowing I will have to wait a few weeks. It all comes down to planning ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 8.36.43 PM.png  

Last edited by NCGunz; 08-19-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldir View Post
I agree with you on the truly "new to guns" people. I was talking to some guy ( I was buying a pistol off of him), a week or so ago and he said he was going to have to buy an AR (that's why he was selling this pistol). He bought one during that last panic but when it was over, sold the AR. So even some of the "I just bought an AR and need ammo" people, only have themselves to blame.
Why do you need an AR over a pistol? For home protection that makes little sense. With 20 round mags and much easier to handle and shoot accurately with a red dot. I can put a 1" group within 10 - 15 yards.

I'd only buy an AR for hunting TBH. AR I don't see as an effective home defense weapon. Too bulky, can't have the flexibility to see around you.

Being proficient with a handgun is much more effective for home defense IMO. Plus, you can't conceal an AR!
Old 08-19-2020, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

When you were stocking up, what did you buy the ammo's for? per round?

The lowest I have seen for 9 mm FMJ 115 grains was around ~$0.14 - $0.16 if they were in brass casing.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_29 View Post
likely won't be that low next week...if it's even available.
^ This.

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
Old 08-19-2020, 08:54 PM

JLS1911, Thank You. I would not have caught the ammo without your heads up. As in all things, there are some who can do better, did better, gonna do better or otherwise will wish for better. Me, I’m getting on the plane while there is a seat and I’m not gonna complain about the price.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:13 PM

115gr backyard target ammo for 124gr SD ammo prices, welcome to the new normal.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:08 PM

STORM2 Right on, you're more than welcome. I've had my backyard range for almost a year now, so I go through range ammo quite easily. My stock for SD ammo is pretty good right now. I'm sure when the snow starts flying I will most likely not spend as much time on the range. I also train with an instructor in private sessions so I go through my fair share of ammo. I do feel sorry for the young "serious" shooters that might not be able to financially be able to make a serious attempt to keep a comfortable stock. I usually throw a hundred or two in their direction if I have any over (which I usually do a couple times a month) just so they can at least get some trigger time without hurting their bank accounts.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:32 PM

I do not really shoot much 9X19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGunz View Post
When you were stocking up, what did you buy the ammo's for? per round?

The lowest I have seen for 9 mm FMJ 115 grains was around ~$0.14 - $0.16 if they were in brass casing.
But that is what everybody is talking about these days. A few months ago you could get quality 9X19 for less than two hundred bucks a thousand. Another high demand round these days also appears to be 5.56 Nato, no big surprise there. Earlier in the year I bought a thousand rounds of IMI M-193 ball for 323 dollars plus shipping. Good luck with buying it now at any price.