1911Forum banner

Spartan III FTF with supplied mag

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TimT 
#1 ·
Went to the range today with the factory supplied 6 round mag and two 7 round STI mags. I had 2 FTFs, both on the last round from the factory mag. This brings the FTF total to 3 in 1350 rounds, all from the same mag. I've put that mag in the back of the closet. Chalk it up as a bad mag? Weak magazine spring? Any reason to worry about a spring in the pistol? Thanks in advance for any input.

#4 ·
polizei1, may i ask what is your ammo? Also if re-loads what is the OAL?
I bought five of the DP 10rd mags but still having a problem with the rd thats being loaded nose diving into the empty casing?? This happens one or two times ea mag. The extractor was a little loose but had a GS lock it up, so I'm thinking the rd thats loading is knocking the empty out of the extractors jaw and pushing the empty right back into the barrel? I don't need to say this kills my time... I also put the DP mag well on my Spartan, I would love to NOT leave this gun in the safe on Saturdays. I should also say my comp gun is a Para 18.9 Limited and all of my ammo ara reloads.. So just thinking my OAL for my Para might be my problem?/
Thanks, TimT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.