1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERVOUS View Post
I finally got around to taking my new TGO1 to the range (Angeles Shooting Range) this weekend. I simply couldn't be happier with the results! I spent my time at the range shooting 35 yard steel reactionary targets and 7 yard paper targets.
At the end of the range session I decided to try my luck by taking a 100 yard shoot at a 12" metal plate from the rifle range adjacent to me. I made sure my buddy watching. I took aim and carefully squeezed the trigger - Bang... Then, a fraction of a second later - Plink! My buddy and I looked at each other in amazement and just started laughing. Suffice to say, the TGO1 is incredibly accurate!
Its the indian, not the arrow.

I have done (and seen) some amazing long range pistol shooting with some interesting handguns. That is a lot fun.

Enjoy your beautiful piece!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj Tom View Post
Yep, even make my own bullets ( over 10K H&G 68's shown below) .

WOW...your the man.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDaze View Post
I am excited to report that I picked up #155 today after an excruciating 10 day wait. Heading to the SHOT show last week was a very nice distraction though (it was an awesome first time experience)!

I was able to meet Deb from the Custom Shop. I said, "Hey Deb, I'm the guy that just bought that TGO-1.". To which she replied, "Your lucky to have gotten that one, otherwise it was a 12 month wait." Also talked to a couple of their 11 smiths about building custom guns.

Anyway, I went straight to the range and ran 100 rounds of Federal Ball through it. It was amazing! All shooting was 25 yds, slow fire. It shoots way better than I can. Pics to follow.

Thanks to all the well wishers. I am SO HAPPY to be part of the club. I LOVE my Legend!!!
Deb is just awesome! So are David and the team....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 09:37 PM

Last edited by Quack; 02-05-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 PM

can one of you guys please sell one!!! I want bad!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:50 PM

None for you...i can probably find you one, or why don't you just order one from the shop?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:42 AM

I've used Elite Deal Seeker to find guns. Here it's searching for "Leatham Legend
". It searches a bunch of boards for the private sales.

http://www.elitedealseeker.com/index...unction=Search
Army Chief / RIP You will be missed by many.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:50 PM

I got an PM from another site from a member that has been on a hunt for a TGO-1. he actually found one in CA. So what's the big deal? it's #8 that he found.

Wait a minute....he's on here too...it's 38 Super Fan
Old 02-14-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
I got an PM from another site from a member that has been on a hunt for a TGO-1. he actually found one in CA. So what's the big deal? it's #8 that he found.

Wait a minute....he's on here too...it's 38 Super Fan
They really aren't that hard to find despite the relatively small numbers, I've known of I think three of them in the past few months. I've been looking for an early one, so when I found #8 I couldn't pass. BTW, I'll have it paid off in a couple weeks, so pics will be coming fairly soon.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:51 PM

Got One!

I have wanted one for years and I just picked up a TGO-1, made in 03 and unfired except for the test target. I was not 100% sure until I took it apart. Happy to say the gentleman I bough it from was a straight shooter and the gun was as described! Thanks Dude!

Wow! So excited......I think I am going to like it better than the PRO I used to have, but, I have not shot it. SHOULD I SHOOT IT? I guess I'll need to shoot it to make sure I like it, I mean I don't think I can just LOOK at it and keep changing the grips from black to wood and back.

I will try to post some pics of it in a few days, maybe a pic of a target too. What a nice firearm Wow...
Old 02-15-2011, 08:17 PM

congrats!!!

shoot it and keep it.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 AM

They are made to shoot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Congratulations and welcome to the club.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
They are made to shoot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Congratulations and welcome to the club.
A big +1 on that!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDaze View Post
I am excited to report that I picked up #155 today after an excruciating 10 day wait. Heading to the SHOT show last week was a very nice distraction though (it was an awesome first time experience)!

I was able to meet Deb from the Custom Shop. I said, "Hey Deb, I'm the guy that just bought that TGO-1.". To which she replied, "Your lucky to have gotten that one, otherwise it was a 12 month wait." Also talked to a couple of their 11 smiths about building custom guns.

Anyway, I went straight to the range and ran 100 rounds of Federal Ball through it. It was amazing! All shooting was 25 yds, slow fire. It shoots way better than I can. Pics to follow.

Thanks to all the well wishers. I am SO HAPPY to be part of the club. I LOVE my Legend!!!

Okay, I finally got around to uploading a photo. My target was an Official NRA, 25 yard Timed and Rapid Fire target. Shooting was done at 25 yards, standing with a two handed grip. This was the best 7 shot group I could muster. The two rounds not in the black, I obviously yanked/flinched.

Looking at the SA target shot by The Great One, another obvious point to make; Rob Leatham is a much better shooter than me!!!

I find it interesting that my group is lower and to the left comparatively. Lower is probably due to ammo velocity, and I suppose left is due to excessive trigger finger influence from my right index finger.

I didn't post any pics of my new TGO, because it looks like all of the other very nice pictures already posted... Gotta go, I hear the range calling!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 PM

nice shooting!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:55 PM

Grip question

Hi fellow TGO owners,

I was looking at most of the other TGO-1's and noticed that the signature on my grips is opposite of the ones pictured? On mine the bottom of the letters (in the signature) is towards the back, and in all the pics I see the bottom is towards the front strap. Anyone else have them like mine?

Also, the guy I got it from said he had Rod sign the back of the grips and with his signature (underneath) he wrote OVC....any ideas on OVC? Or maybe OVL.

I will get some pics posted.
Thanks

Last edited by Tenringx2; 03-02-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 PM

008 or your eighth? Congratulations, either way.

EDIT: I see it now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 008. And it's a beauty.

Last edited by thundrr1; 03-08-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
008 or your eighth? Congratulations, either way.

EDIT: I see it now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 008. And it's a beauty.
Thanks! Coincidentally it is also my 8th 1911.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:10 AM

New TGO 3 owner :D

First post and first 1911...!!! I've wanted a 1911 for a while. I'm a bit of a Glock snob, but don't hold that against me.

So, the other night i'm shooting my IDPA at our regular range and couple of the top guys started google eyeing this gun. I go over and it's a nice looking 1911. Didn't know much about them, but sure looked nice and felt really good. It was used but very little. The shop had it for $1,049.00 and the guys were saying it was a really good deal... I ended up putting a downstroke and will be picking it up on.

It's a 2003 TGO 3 in excellent condition. It has the aluminum box, 2 mags(I thought it was 4?), paperwork, certificate. Also, I didn't see the second set of grips, but I didn't look thru the box well.

Serial #RL30186

I'll take pics as soon as I have it in my hands and will post up!!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:17 AM

The TGO-3 is equivalent to the Loaded Springfields.
Haven't heard much about them though. They have been discontinued for a few years now.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:18 AM

And welcome to the forum!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiccaBurp View Post
First post and first 1911...!!! I've wanted a 1911 for a while. I'm a bit of a Glock snob, but don't hold that against me.

So, the other night i'm shooting my IDPA at our regular range and couple of the top guys started google eyeing this gun. I go over and it's a nice looking 1911. Didn't know much about them, but sure looked nice and felt really good. It was used but very little. The shop had it for $1,049.00 and the guys were saying it was a really good deal... I ended up putting a downstroke and will be picking it up on.

It's a 2003 TGO 3 in excellent condition. It has the aluminum box, 2 mags(I thought it was 4?), paperwork, certificate. Also, I didn't see the second set of grips, but I didn't look thru the box well.

Serial #RL30186

I'll take pics as soon as I have it in my hands and will post up!!
Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:50 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys..!!

You guys rock
Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 PM

All right,,,,, it's been a month now and no photos. How's that pistol working out for ya, HiccaBurp?
Old 06-26-2011, 12:33 PM

Howdy Gentlemen from sunny Orlando!

Just a note to let you know #144 is alive and well living in the Sunshine State. I was lucky enough to purchase this gem from a fellow in Pennsylvania about 3 years ago when the economy went south.

Funny story, he was a competitive shooter and he had multiple uber-expensive 1911s custom built ground up from Caspian frames by the best builders. He sold the TGO1 because he knew he wouldn't get his money back out of the custom 1911s.

About two weeks after I received the gun, he wrote me an email asking if I would consider selling it back. He told me that of all his $3K to $5K 1911s, the TGO1 had the best trigger of them all. Well, I felt bad for him, but not that bad. So, it's still happy in the safe sitting next to my Les Baer TRS. (I had to buy the TRS for me because my son has claimed the Legend as his own.)

I like the Baer a lot but the TGO1 really is in a class by itself. I'm casually looking for a Pro now for myself -maybe it will compare.

Anyhow, thanks to 38 Super Fan for inviting me over here and congrats to all of you on your beautiful Springfields!