2 new guncrafter coming my way - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-04-2019, 09:51 PM

2 new guncrafter coming my way

I have flirted with getting a 50 G.I for about 5 years or so. Being a 45, 45 colt, and 10mm fan the round appealed to me. I know some argue it doesn't do anything new or unique. Or that I should have gotten a 460-but those require those butt ugly compensators- and while I enjoy a 10 and my 357s.. my flirtations with 44 magnums leave no doubt I don't need a Rowland. I can shoot them but I just don't enjoy it. So anyway, I started looking at 50 GIs again and found a nice Model 1 that was 20% off for black friday at collectors firearms. I placed the order online, but they later contacted me that it had unfortunately already been sold, but they would sell me the nicer one with the 45 conversion they had for the same price. Sold. It is on the way as we speak. The problem with researching new gun builders is you discover other guns that you didn't know you needed. Enter the GI H.OSS. for whatever reason this gun grabbed my imagination and wouldn't let go. I was contemplating looking into a 12 month layaway when I stumbled upon an incredibly good deal on exactly what I wanted.....except it came with a rail.... I am not a rail fan, but for the price I can compromise and buy my first rail gun. I shipped a colt 44 anaconda as a trade and need to make one additional payment and it's mine. There isn't a ton of info on the HOSS so I will make an attempt at writing a quality review of it compared to my M1, EVO 45, evo/colt delta combat special, and my colt special combat carry. I am somewhat surprised at myself going outside of my 1911 colt collecting. My EVOs are technically not Colts, but Dave worked in the custom shop so it isn't quite so bad. Anyway looking forward to getting them.
Attached Thumbnails
7990405_img-4520_1__1575513981244.jpg   _DSC0050__77649_1575514276133.1564772370.1280.1280.jpeg  
Old 12-04-2019, 10:13 PM

Oh one other question, is the annual checkup thing only for original owners or do they do it for used guns as well?
Old 12-05-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoemen66 View Post
Oh one other question, is the annual checkup thing only for original owners or do they do it for used guns as well?
Congrats on your new acquisitions. Looking forward to your range reports and review. GIs wellness check probably extends beyond the original owner since their warrantee is lifetime, but im not positive. Of the 4 GIs i have, non have had any issues at all, which is why i dont know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2020, 11:42 AM

So the railed one on the left is a .45? Government length?