1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-12-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr6754 View Post
I plan to convert a spare bedroom into my reloading room. Do you think you could come t Dayton, OH and engineer it for me?
I'm sure you'll have fun reorganizing the space.
The hard part is keeping the wife from claiming the area!
Old 09-12-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJC View Post
We're settling into a new home and I managed to grab a section of the basement for my relocated bench.
Reloading on the left, cleaning on the right with plenty of storage underneath and on shelves. Storage for less frequently used and bulk items in another area.
And light, LOTS of LIGHT

EJC just enclose this reloading/cleaning area and make a proper gun room.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:25 PM

Y'alls need to learn how to reduce the size of your pictures before you post them on a forum.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:49 PM

My bench is still a work in progress. It is in a small room and space is at a premium so I am always looking for ways to use space more efficiently.

I use cabinets with stainless doors then use the doors to keep notes while I work; using a grease pencil to write on the stainless. I moved all my dies from boxes to drawers, this does a couple of things for me. Always seemed like the dies I wanted were on the bottom of a stack so now in the drawers they are all always accessible. Also in the drawers with the dies I keep shell holders, factory crimp dies, case gauges, trimmers if I have dedicated ones for the caliber and anything else needed. Ammo gets stored under the bench in 50cal ammo cans. Components are stored in cabinets as are cleaning supplies etc.

EDIT: no matter how I edit these files I can't seem to get the pictures rotated correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2274.JPG   IMG_2292.JPG   IMG_2293.JPG   IMG_2348.JPG   IMG_2295.JPG  

Last edited by oO_Rogue_Oo; 09-13-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:49 AM

After many months of pondering and wishing and hoping, I finally cleaned up the floor, temporary refinish until funds allow for a better job, and assembled my Rural King workbench. Pardon the terrible paint job...I couldnít afford to do that, either, so Iíll have to live with it for now. Perhaps Iíll change everything over to Lyman so it all blends in well. For now, I believe I have room to mount my Hornady LnL Classic, as well as my new Lyman All American 8 turret. So pleased with the height of this bench, too. Maybe this will be easier on my back.

Iím thinking about applying a couple of coats of polyurethane before I start mounting anything to it.

The height looks perfect for standing or sitting. I have a stool that Iíve been using with my current Workmate bench and itís just a bit tall, even at the lowest position. Iíd really like to be able to stand when forming cut 223 into 300 BLK. In any event, Iíve got a way to go...but Iím heading in the right direction.

I bought a Hornady Quick Detach Mounting Plate system along with an extra plate. I canít wait to get that set up.
Attached Thumbnails
9974A9D9-FB8F-45D7-9C0A-2DCC555B2094.jpeg  
Old 11-01-2019, 08:37 AM

My very minimalist setup, can load on the road when away for work.

Old 11-09-2019, 06:58 PM

Really starting to come together. Tried out the Lyman turret while I was at it. Decapped about 800 9mm, 43 .300 BLK, 34 .223, and a handful of .380 ACP. Unboxed my new Hornady Balance Beam Scale, mounted my Hornady L-n-L classic onto its own mounting plate, adopted a spare bookcase to hold powder and primers. Lighting remains an issue until I can get an overhead light and ceiling fan installed. Iím thinking I need a pegboard backing, both to to cover the wall scuff, as well as to give me some tool storage, although the 3 accessible drawers will work as well.
Attached Thumbnails
98B8ED52-42BF-45B7-B45B-8C99956878F5.jpeg