A passable striker - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-26-2019, 09:55 PM

It's nice to see Walther respond to the all steel race gun trend. Its shame other manufacturers haven't joined in. Colt could build a Para-like double stack version of the SCG, and S&W could make 3rd gens again.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post
It's nice to see Walther respond to the all steel race gun trend. Its shame other manufacturers haven't joined in.
SIG had just announced a version of P320 X5 with a tungsten infused grip. 43.5 oz dry weight, as heavy as SF Q5
Old 05-27-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
It's nice to see Walther respond to the all steel race gun trend. Its shame other manufacturers haven't joined in. Colt could build a Para-like double stack version of the SCG, and S&W could make 3rd gens again.

Everyone whom I know that shoots USPSA Unlimited either shoots an Infinity or dreams of one. They are a beautiful 2011, but expensive!!

Guy Noir, private eye.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
Everyone whom I know that shoots USPSA Unlimited either shoots an Infinity or dreams of one. They are a beautiful 2011, but expensive!!
The name of that division is Limited, and it is indeed dominated by high end 2011s. The steel framed Walther and tungsten SIG are intended to compete in the divisions where 2011 aren't allowed.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:30 PM

Colt...

Quote:
I have often said, my custom Colts are my absolute favorite pistols, and nearly all I have carried for decades...BUT, I truly believe Colt is like the ATF in one regard. Any time they get an inkling of what is on your wishlist/waitlist, that item goes straight to the bottom of the pile.