CZ 75 TSO 9mm AND 40sw - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-18-2020, 04:20 PM

CZ 75 TSO 9mm AND 40sw

I had ordered a 9mm some time ago, and when the distributer called to tell me it was In, I said what the heck....Send me both. They both came in today as well as the extra mags I ordered and some Springer precision extended base plates for the 40. They bring the mag total to the same as the 9mm at 20 rounds reloadable. Ill touch briefly on some of my observations and include a few pictures.

The magwell is now blended!!! All the posts I read only had two real complaints. The magwell having a ledge at the frame to catch the mags was the number one complaint. Somebodies listening over at CZ because it may not be custom pistol perfect, but its a nice transition. Both pistols were identical.

I was also concerned with the gas pedal as some here on this site experienced it not really fitting them all that well. No concern needed as my thumb lands perfectly on it. Its like whoever designed it has my exact hand size. I will be keeping it on.

These things are known for their accuracy and neither of them disappointed. I used my old reliable loads of 124gr 9mm at 1100fps and as usual they were consistent and accurate out of the 9mm. I only had WW white box 165gr 40 on hand so that's what I used. Both guns were literally identical in their group sizes. I was amazed. And both printed exactly to point of aim with zero adjustment to the sights. Right where I like them for my sight picture. At my typical 15yds rested test targets they both averaged 1" exactly, and in my 20rd group test the 9mm shot 1-1/4" and the 40 1-1/8". And its super windy today, so I think they are even better than todays results.

Both guns are so identical I am glad I'm going to have different base pads for the 40. The only way to tell them apart is to look at the hole in the end of the barrel. Theres no caliber marking on either thats visible with the gun assembled. I don't know yet if there's anything on the barrel under the slide.
Attached Images

Last edited by M-Peltier; 05-19-2020 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:51 AM

Sweet. Nice pictures
Old 05-19-2020, 10:18 AM

Proof, yet again, that the only thing better than one Tac Sport is two Tac Sports!!

There's no arguing the consistent accuracy of these pistols across multiple samples, either. I've yet to run across anything other than a laser. It's a CZ masterpiece, and a bargain, really, compared to so many other pistols. Congrats on the acquisitions!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2020, 05:47 PM

Congrats!
Old 05-19-2020, 08:14 PM

Vey sweet pistols.

Think of all the paper you are now going to waste....only shooting the 10-ring outa the targets.

Super guns.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubfromGa View Post
Vey sweet pistols.

Think of all the paper you are now going to waste....only shooting the 10-ring outa the targets.

Super guns.
Not planning on shooting much paper. I get your drift though. Lol

I have a GT Texas star on its way, and just about to order a plate rack kit. As soon as my holster gets here these two are destined for competition.

I found the caliber markings. Its right under the serial number, but so low you can't read it while it's installed in the slide.

My only real complaint would be criticism of the thumb safety. That was a complaint of others also. For me though, I like it much better than any 1911 thumb safety. Its not perfect as it is more challenging to put it on safe. Where it shines for me is that it's farther forward and does not lever my thumb upward like a 1911 does. I find a 1911 too far rearward for a comfortable thumb over safety grip (and yes I have tried the low shelf version like from EGW).

I like these so much I'm thinking of a Parrot. Put one on the wishlist, wonder if I'll ever see it. Lol

really cool thing is the Oranges match my shooting shirts. Thats me on the left at Rocky Mountain 3-Gun a few years ago. I alway felt that if I'm not gonna win, might as well look good loosing. Lol
Attached Images

Last edited by M-Peltier; 05-20-2020 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Peltier View Post
..... I alway felt that if I'm not gonna win, might as well look good loosing. Lol
As the saying goes: "When it comes to gun games, it's better to look good than to shoot good!!!!" Well...... if it isn't an actual saying, it ought to be. Sure seem that way at times.

The safety does get mentioned often, but for me, it's never been an issue. Folks seem to prefer huge paddles these days.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:13 PM

Very nice.

I'd be tempted to put blue grips and baseplates on one of them. I'd get the damn things cross pollinated at some point in time....
Old 05-20-2020, 07:45 PM

Awesome pistols sir!
Old 05-22-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
Very nice.

I'd be tempted to put blue grips and baseplates on one of them. I'd get the damn things cross pollinated at some point in time....
That was my concern as well, but the large base plates on the 40 is a significant and very noticeable difference.

My Texas star came in, I must say the TSO makes the Star feel easy. I even shot it strong hand only, with my phone in the other hand to video tape it and shot it clean in probably 4 or 5 seconds. Normal run for me is about half that, but never tried it one handed and shooting video at the same time.Lol
Old 05-26-2020, 08:01 AM

OK, so after a little time with them now I can say my only real disappointments are the 9mm extractor for some reason has been changed to a MIM part. Im sure its a good quality MIM but the 9mm cost me the same as the 40. They didn't pass the cost savings on to me. Lol

The other is the triggers on both are no where near the 1.5 lb I had been hearing about. Their good, but not the Holy Grail of factory triggers I had hoped for. I actually have a KIDD trigger in my 10/22 that's truly exceptional. I was hoping they would have been like it.

But I'm really nit picking here. They are the nicest factory produced handguns I have ever purchased.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:43 AM

Nice pistols, enjoy! I picked mine in 9mm last year and my observations are:

It is a blast to shoot with very little recoil due to the weight of the gun and low bore axis.

The accuracy has been great with my 124 coated LRN loads.

While the magwell is also blended on mine, it is not seamless. However since it is a range gun and I do not shoot competition, speed reloading is not an issue.

The trigger is nice at 2.0 pounds according to my gauge, but not as crisp as my 1911’s due to a small amount of creep. When it arrived at my LGS, the creep was much more pronounced and upon my request they sent it back before I bought it. According to the factory there was a bur on the sear. I am really getting picky as this is not intended as a target pistol.

I do like the sights, but with my old eyes I may end up putting a MRD on it.

My only negative is that with the 20 rounds mags, it is not hard to burn up a lot of ammo in a hurry! I am up to 5 mags and counting.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:23 PM

Just received my Ghost Thunder holster rig. Very nice. Took about 2 hours to get it all set up. Very slick and secure. The mag pouches actually come with two different carriers to choose from, bullets up or forward. I stuck with my long ingrained bullets up. I tried the forward but it felt lass natural and more awkward at the grab.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2020, 02:26 PM

Excellent. Looks ready to roll!!!
Old 05-29-2020, 02:30 PM

There's one thing I've wondered about: On the TS Blue, CZ added a lovely blue magwell, yet on the TSO, they left it black. Seems to me an orange magwell would've really stood out!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190205_111247.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	584730
Old 05-29-2020, 04:22 PM

Great to hear about the magwell.

Old 06-02-2020, 04:33 PM

Glad you like your new TSO. They are truly amazing pistols, but especially at their price point. Most need to have the trigger pre-travel and over travel adjusted - this made a big difference on the feel of mine. You do need to use Loctite on these as they WILL move with time. I like 242/243. My trigger is 1 pound 12 ounces and it is a joy.
Get the CZ Custom frame optic mount and then you will really see what these bad boys can do!
Jeff
Old 06-03-2020, 01:30 PM

I just put $1500 down on a shadow 2 orange.Hoping I love It.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkoppk View Post
I just put $1500 down on a shadow 2 orange.Hoping I love It.
You opted for the double-action Shadow Orange and not the Single-Action-only version? Was it for the gun-games?
Old 06-10-2020, 09:32 AM

Nice review and pictures, I have always found CZ's at any level or model to be very accurate.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanajim View Post
You opted for the double-action Shadow Orange and not the Single-Action-only version? Was it for the gun-games?
I can't speak for him, but I have a Shadow 2 Orange DA/SA on order and its for Production division in USPSA.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:26 AM

Single action isn't allowed in Production or SSP. The CZ 75 da/sa is crushing it there.

SA's would be for Limited and Limited 10.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:37 AM

I love my Shadow 2 Orange, I bought mine because I got my wife a rami and loved it. I just range shoot and wanted a nice gun.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Peltier View Post
I can't speak for him, but I have a Shadow 2 Orange DA/SA on order and its for Production division in USPSA.
I figured it had to be for the gun games, because, given the option, a single-action-only CZ is tough to beat - by just about anything out there.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:30 AM

I bought a used tac sport, the original version. It came with the 9mm slide with the windage driftable rear sight. Also a complete 40 upper with adjustable rear. Using it for USPSA limited. Haven't shot the 9mm since the day I test fired it before buying. Great gun.