Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Berryville Bash VII - Update

Currently, I'm still planning on the Bash in Berryville, Arkansas, going forward as planned. Everyone who signed up and was drawn for the Main Bash, and everyone that signed up for the Reunion Bash have already received the draft of the itinerary and have made their accommodation reservations as far as I know, and nothing has changed as of yet. There were a few questions 3 or 4 weeks ago as to whether or not it was being called off due to the Covid-19 issue, but I wanted to wait and see if things looked like they were improving towards the end of April. Based on what I've seen so far, it is likely that the travel restrictions and "stay-at-home" orders or recommendations will likely be lifted by early to mid-May, so I have not yet called for a cancellation. I will be re-assessing the situation as the end of the month arrives and will post any updates here. Thanks.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)

Last edited by Grandpas50AE; 04-09-2020 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:43 PM

Roger......Thanks for the update.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:57 PM

Appreciated as always
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2020, 09:10 PM

We are certainly looking forward to seeing everyone, thanks.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Old 04-09-2020, 09:28 PM

Will be fun to stand 6 feet apart wearing cloth masks, rubber gloves, and slathering ourselves in fragrant sanitizer between drills. And boy just wait until the fun we can have at the picnic tables!!!!
Old 04-10-2020, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytown1911 View Post
Will be fun to stand 6 feet apart wearing cloth masks, rubber gloves, and slathering ourselves in fragrant sanitizer between drills. And boy just wait until the fun we can have at the picnic tables!!!!

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Old 04-12-2020, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the update, hopefully this crud won’t eliminate our fun!
Old 04-12-2020, 09:38 PM

Is Hoppes a sanitizer?
Old 04-12-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James3612 View Post
Is Hoppes a sanitizer?
Absolutely. Both sanitizer AND cologne
Old 04-13-2020, 04:38 AM

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytown1911 View Post
Absolutely. Both sanitizer AND cologne
Old 04-13-2020, 08:45 AM

Sure glad I placed a large ammo order before run on things hit the fan. Haven't reloaded in about 7 years or so. Even had an obsolete ammo business way back before cowboy action shooting started - the speciality was obsolete Winchester ammo. All started when I wanted to shoot a Model 1886 in caliber 33 Win. We got into loading almost anything you couldn't buy. Enjoyable times!
Old 04-30-2020, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Here's the latest

In talking with my contact in Arkansas, I discovered that there is a few hurdles that will have to disappear in the next 6 weeks to have the Bash June 15 - 19. Number 1 is that right now, ALL hotel/motel accommodations are restricted to first responders/LEO/medical doctors and nurses/essential infrastructure employees with a letter - anyone else can not get a room; Number 2 is that no one from another state may enter/stay in Arkansas unless they are one of the above mentioned in point number 1. Tomorrow the governor of Arkansas will speak and announce what form of "opening of business" is going to be allowed on May 4th, with further announcements two weeks after that depending on results from that first two weeks of "opening up".

This brings us to a few points for this year's Bash:
1) I am still planning on hosting it (and so is Wilson Combat) depending on what is announced by the governor tomorrow afternoon (I should hear an update from my contact at Wilson by Monday afternoon).
2) If cancellation has to occur, the Bash (and all who signed up for it and were selected) will be given the chance to hold their spot for next year when Wilson would defer this year's shoot and hosting to next year.
3) Since some states are still have yet to open travel restrictions, some may not be able to attend this year anyway, considering how the restrictions are more onerous in some states than others.

So, with those things in mind, how many here would still attend the Bash this year if it was not cancelled, and if it was how many selected for this year would plan to come next year in their current position? The planning for this is difficult at best, and I and the other organizers are trying to offer the best options available either way for conditions that we don't really have control over. It may be that we have to cancel in a couple of weeks anyway, or it may be that we cancel because no one can travel from their state to Arkansas even if Arkansas opens back up.

Anyway, you can PM me if you prefer, to let me know your intentions, or you can post here and I will note that on the roster. My most important goal is to cause no one to do anything they are not comfortable with given the current situation, but hopefully not have to provide disappointment either.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Old 04-30-2020, 05:08 PM

Roger,

Hurdle 1 and 2 as it stands now prevents me from attending. If this was straighten out, I would attend providing I meet the Florida guidelines for my age group which puts us in the last group for full travel. If we had to cancel the event I would be OK for next year.
Just a thought - how about moving it out to September. Hopefully things will be better.

Jerry
Old 04-30-2020, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1834 View Post
Roger,

Hurdle 1 and 2 as it stands now prevents me from attending. If this was straighten out, I would attend providing I meet the Florida guidelines for my age group which puts us in the last group for full travel. If we had to cancel the event I would be OK for next year.
Just a thought - how about moving it out to September. Hopefully things will be better.

Jerry
The ability to move the date is based on the availability of Bill and several folks at Wilson Combat, so moving it out is not a likely solution...but I can ask. More than likely, it will have to go forward OR be pushed out to next year.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Old 04-30-2020, 06:04 PM

If I understand the latest Illinois Executive Order, if I leave the state I must do a 14 day quarintine upon return. I would opt for next year so I can attend. Just my situation living in the People's Republic of Ill. As much as prefer to do it this year, I see too many issues and unknowns.

JW
Old 04-30-2020, 07:56 PM

Please put my vote in for the "move it to next year" option. I believe this year will present too many obstacles.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:08 PM

I am good on all accounts, and - as with years past - will help however needed
Old 04-30-2020, 08:59 PM

I can take care of the rooms. The owner of a local hotel said he would put us all up in his hotel. It is located in Eureka Springs it has an indoor swimming pool, hot breakfast, and spa for the women on site. He will host us all for the bash!
Old 04-30-2020, 09:07 PM

But what if I need MY nails done? What will I do?
Old 04-30-2020, 09:17 PM

I bet they would bring out some combat tuff colors or the new dlc and fix you right up.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James3612 View Post
But what if I need MY nails done? What will I do?

You ain't right!

BgBdBob7 - that's a sweet deal.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:14 AM

I'm good for this year if everyone else can make it
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 05-06-2020, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

I checked with the motel folks yesterday, and all is good there. Still haven't had a reply from the restaurant that we usually have the Wednesday night "meet & greet" dinner at, so it is an unknown yet as to dining room sit-down dinners as of yet. I also texted the administrator of the range to check on our status there, but haven't heard back yet. So far, the Wilson folks are still planning on hosting us for the Thursday afternoon visit to the facility and the Friday shoot (Main Bash stuff), but that is still a day-by-day variable that may change. Obviously, there may need to be some adaptability for the event, but it is still a "go" for now and I will post updates as time progresses.

For all those who signed up that are not able to travel, I will offer you the opportunity to have an automatic slot on the next Main Bash - just PM me to let me know when you know that you will not be able to attend. For those who do come, I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and revisiting with old friends.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Old 05-06-2020, 10:45 AM

Roger,

Thanks for the work and update. With us, it all depends on the guidelines for travel in/out of Florida. Hope our re-opening will go smoothly and by the end of May everything will be a go.

Jerry
Old 05-09-2020, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

I heard back from the administrator of the range, and our range reservations for that week are still good-to-go and active.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Closed Thread