1911Forum banner

Protector with RMR discussion

4K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  Currybob 
#1 ·
I have a WC Protector 45 and a WC Sentinel 9mm, I also have a EDC X9 on order for a bit now, hoping to receive next month. It will be a little different than most for it will be stainless top and silver body. I have a thing for stainless I guess.
Currybob

How do you like the WC red dot mount??

#2 ·
It is all I hoped it would be and waaaay more! Put several hundred rounds through it first time out. Did not take many rounds to get it zeroed in and it was still zeroed 300 or so rounds later and that was with a 45.

I'm getting older now and it has made it so much easier to hit the bulls eye now. I have good vision still just harder to focus as well up close.

The Trijicon RMR is the only way to go for that thing is near indestructible. I did a lot of research and all of reviews rated the RMR the number one choice. It is pricy but you diffidently get what you pay for with this baby.

Can't wait for my new Wilson X9 to arrive with it mounted to that one also.

#3 ·
Is the battery on the RMR easily replaceable without removing the RMR from the gun? I am ready to do this with an EDC X9, just have to decide on which one. I have a DeltaPoint Pro on a Sig, so probably not that one, not because I don’t like it, but prefer to try something different.

#7 · (Edited)
I have one more input about the RMR even though we are off topic.

I have watched several video's about how to use these red dots and about keeping both eyes open and such and I have never shot better. Like anything, you using it enough to learn it, it becomes second nature or muscle memory. This was my first range shooting after zeroing the RMR at 20 yards with cheap ammo. While I'm no master shooter this is the best I have ever done with a hand gun un-supported. Heck, I have a hard time seeing the bulls-eye very well at that distance.

If good enough for the military then good enough for me.

rbiedermann
I did not like the fact the Holosun 507C lens broke on first drop test. The 508 did much better but still was showing some lens de-laminating caused.

Attachments

#8 ·
I have one more input about the RMR even though we are off topic...
Well, as long as we are going somewhat off topic, might I ask which model RMR you have (dot size)?
My eyes aren't what they used to be and I'm seeing a RMR in my future.
Thanks

#10 ·
I just received my WC back from having a rmr true zero plate installed on my X-TAC Elite and I can’t be happier. The rmr is the only red dot I suggest for ccw. I also have the Holosun 507 on my CZ Shadow 2 which I really like to, and it’s the same foot print as the rmr. Holosun is coming out with a 509t looks good.

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
If you have a gun with some way to mount a laser it's a great training aid. My usual practice is a dime at 15 yards and I have to hold the laser on it for 5 min without leaving the coin.

Builds stability very quickly, ideally you will get to the point of being able to one hand the gun and fire without the dot moving at all. It also shows when a gun simply doesn't have a break that allows a movement less shot, the Glock, 320, XD and some others no matter how well you pull the trigger there will be some movement of a dot. Some of them (320) have so much movement from the slide to frame when you go to pull the trigger the slide tilts downward and the dot dives slightly. You can easily see this by slowly staging up on the trigger after taking aim without touching it on a fixed item in a room. When you do go to fire and start that process the dot will dive 3-9 inches at about 15 yards, makes it near impossible to zero for extremely accurate slow fire and rapid fire dead centering on them and I hate it.

#26 ·
WC just called me today to tell me they had finished my X9 and I should be receiving it this Friday.

He took a photo of it for me, they had the RSO red dot instead of the RMR but he said that would not take but a minute to fix and it would still go out on time.

He also said no one should have one like it for the way we did the bottom section finish was a first, kept it looking aluminum in color. He helped me with that part for it wasn't a color choice but he figure it out.

My early Christmas present to myself, ha.

Attachments

#30 ·
Super cool! That will be great with an RMR on top :rock:

#29 ·
Thought it would arrive today but haven't heard from my gun shop yet. Going next week to zero the site and start breaking her in, can't wait!

ozz007
That is sharp!

#35 · (Edited)
What is an NP3+?

This is a photo of the 40th anniversary model EDC X9 that they had in the set and why I could not originally order it with the silver bottom (guess they don't want it copied). I was however able to order it with an AR color of silver with a little black rubbed in. The guy I was dealing with from WC said he would tell them not to add the black accents to the silver and just leave it all silver. Made me a happy camper for I didn't want gray or any of the other color choices listed under the X9 options. It's not like I was trying to copy it and mine does look different because of the grips and gold lettering.

I played more with the X9 last night and I am still really taken by how good this feels in my hands.

The grips and the checkering really stick to you hands and yet are super comfortable. It feels more secure and tight while aiming. My Red Dot is not moving much at all while aiming.

The shape of the grip, while slightly thicker is not as deep so it feels like it actually takes up the same volume as my 9mm Sentinel but feels way better.

I just cannot say enough how great it feels.

Attachments

#40 · (Edited)
As you can see above but only good if ordering from Wilson Combat not from your gun shop.

#39 ·
From Wilson site (as of 19 Nov 19):

To honor the sacrifices of our Military and Law Enforcement Wilson Combat offers the following

Up to 20% off retail price to all active and fully retired US Military and Law Enforcement on Wilson Combat products except: Custom work, labor, shipping, non-Wilson items (NW part #’s), sale items, or ammunition. Other exclusions apply, please contact Customer Service for all eligible items

Retired is defined as someone with “retired” identification or is fully medical retired due to a service-related disability.

Contact us to verify your eligibility.

Please keep in mind, it can take 24 – 48 hours for your online account to show the MIL/LEO pricing structure.

It is the responsibility of the consumer to make us aware of your service for discounts to apply. Discounts will begin after your account is set up with LE/MIL pricing structure. We can not offer price protection, retroactive pricing or refunds on previous purchases.

#42 ·
Range report!

Took my new baby out today and put around 500 rds through her to get the break-in all done and did a deep cleaning.

All I can say is OMG!! This weapon with a RMR site is a dream and I am very very happy with it!

RMR was dead on, no adjustment needed. Was also very nice not having to change the mags every 7 or 8 rounds, 17 rounds per mag.

First one is 10 or 12 yards at an indoor range. Second was just over 15 yards with some faster rounds and playing a little bit with the grip.

Attachments

#45 ·
Wow, that is pretty impressive! Can you not just order a WC and send it to be coated?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.