What would happen if American banned AR15s? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Adminstrator

What would happen if American banned AR15s?

Interesting read...

https://theresurgent.com/2019/09/09/...eid=3eff14e7d7
Old 09-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Administrator

The SCOTUS ruled in US v. Miller that it protected militia weapons. You know, weapons of war.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Adminstrator

Shhh....don't say things like that......it doesn't fit the narrative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

I think his conclusion about non-compliance is rightfully stated, but I have a few problems with his assumptions in the "thought experiments": the first and foremost problem is that leftists don't really want confiscation - I firmly believe they do, Diane Feinstein, Cory Booker, Maxine Waters, Kamala Harris, and "the four" for sure - I have met several people lately that are devout leftists that buy into mandatory confiscation without compensation, removal of due process, support of "hate speech laws", to name a few...and this is in Texas; the invasion started long ago is now rearing its UGLY face IMO. Will it make a difference? That remains to be seen.

ETA: And they certainly don't care about the SCOTUS rulings, SCOTUS has no enforcement staff to actually enforce their rulings.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 09-09-2019, 06:21 PM

The only thing I fear is not being able to enjoy them if they were to accomplish their goals.
As stated in CT and NY compliance is almost nil but all those people who didn’t comply and still have these now illegal guns cannot take their sons shooting, cannot go to a range on Saturday for a tactical class and cannot really enjoy what they still have. Sure during prohibition you could go to a speakeasy and have a few drinks behind closed doors. When done a breath mint or whatever would hide your illegal actions. But refusing to turn in a banned AR15 and keeping it would basically mean you may as well bury it somewhere because you wouldn’t be able to use it as we do now.
COTEP#782
Old 09-09-2019, 06:26 PM

Don't agree with the conclusion either, as I do believe the lefty want full disarmament, or as close as they can get to full. In a heartbeat, they would take banning all semi-auto's as the next step - if they could get it.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 09-09-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:34 PM

Irish democracy is not limited to the Emerald Isle.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:50 PM

Right after the El Paso shooting someone from the BATF answered the question about an AW ban with the response: “ It won’t or can’t happen, because there’s so many.” Im sure that’s not what the reporter wanted to hear, and funny thing is, the BATF guy wasn’t on again.

If by some chance, there was another ban instituted, compliance for “buybacks , registration etc would be dismal like the article states because even reasonable law abiding people can be pushed, but only so far.

Someone should ask these liberal commies what THEIR PLAN IS and would be if there was a ban, And no one complied, as in ZERO.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Don't agree with the conclusion either, as I do believe the lefty want full disarmament, or as close as they can get to full. In a heartbeat, they would take banning all semi-auto's as the next step - if they could get it.
CA already took that approach. Passed the state legislature and the only reason it didn't take effect is then CA Governor Brown vetoed it. If passed today the current CA Governor would sign it in a heartbeat.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:37 PM

The only thing I fear is not being able to enjoy them if they were to accomplish their goals.
As stated in CT and NY compliance is almost nil but all those people who didn’t comply and still have these now illegal guns cannot take their sons shooting, cannot go to a range on Saturday for a tactical class and cannot really enjoy what they still have.

Fear not, I live in California and recently visited an outdoor range on the central coast. I observed several shooters in direct violation of several California statutes and it didn't raise an eyebrow. The most egregious of these was a fellow with an AR and a very non compliant 100 round drum magazine. The fellow had a cap on with an Idaho map on the front. He may have been lost and just wandered on to a range but he brought the whole dammed family with him. It's a public range and has Full time Range officers on duty at all times. The range is located on a MAJOR highway where CHP patrol hourly! No with non compliance there will also be people who still venture out to shoot and enjoy their rifles. Another point lost in the article is that the ban would be on ones that have defined set of features pistol grip flash suppressor BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! As soon as the ban went into effect possibly within 48 hours there were conversions available to make your gun "California Compliant" and now not subject to the non detachable magazine rule. We in California have been non compliant and finding our way around this garbage for a couple of decades now. I vote the Lefts Ultimate goal is to Ban all firearms, I vote that if they do Ban AR style rifles the NON Compliant rate will be greater than the average 95% Heck that's 95% in BLUE States. What will it be in the RED ones? No it will just be a law that isn't obeyed and would be applied by police at their discretion.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Burke View Post
The SCOTUS ruled in US v. Miller that it protected militia weapons. You know, weapons of war.
I've wondered since Heller how we can reconcile the two. Miller seems to take the collective "regulated militia" approach while Heller found an individual right, self-defense in the home and (maybe, eventually) in public. Mating arms suitable for use in the militia with the individual right - that would be quite the result.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:46 PM

There's even more to this than you guys know.

I'll let you in something I was involved with that you guys may not be as familiar with because for some reason it was kept low key and the very reason the DoD has almost completely reversed course and is now taking both Russia and China as serious threats to the nation.

None of the things I'm about to tell you are classified and I won't be going into much detail other than to give you the situation that turned it all around and changed the face of warfare... and why the 2nd Amendment could become pivotal.

It started in a country called Ukraine...
Yeah throw out the Trump "Russia Collusion" stuff that was all bogus and based on a fraudulent "Russia Collusion" dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign that magically and mystically ended up at the highest levels of the FBI and CIA used as "Evidence" and "Intelligence"... the real issue was Russia... and what they were capable of.

Russia staged a fake "Ukrainian" uprising to attempt to take over Ukraine after the Maiden "Revolution" (yeah seriously caveat that, as it may be linked to Soros organizations, think Antifa like) after they accidentally overthrew a Ukrainian Oligarch.... but that's just the background.

Ukraine was actually winning, and pushing back the fake "Ukrainian" uprising. Russia couldn't find enough Actual Ukrainians to for a "Ukrainian" uprising so began to throw more and more Actual Russians into it until it finally became a full blown Russian invasion... and they were STILL losing. (Ukrainian Artillery is nasty when the Russians tried to roll anything over the border)

Putin, knowing he could not be humiliated here...and unfortunately for him the Ukrainians and the Russians were pretty evenly matched. .... so he threw everything into the pot and revealed Russia's full effort...

Suddenly Ukraine when DARK...

Russian hackers, hacked into power plants and shut down the power, they used Spetznaz teams to take out key communication points, and used their agents in Ukraine to create and sow confusion and sabotage the entire Command and Control of the Ukrainian forces. And hacked the Cell towers to cut off their communications and then track and locate Ukrainian forces to wipe them out.

Then they rolled their own Regular Military over the border and in one fell swoop wiped out 40% of the total Ukrainian Military and crushed them.

In essence, cutting off their entire Command and Control and wiping them out while they were blind.

Why is this important?

Well because both the Russians and the Chinese have this capability along with Electronic Warfare, and the ability to take out our Satellites rendering all of our advanced equipment and targeting systems worthless.

This type of coordinated attack has the capability of rendering our advanced, and most powerful military in the world... to dust...

... specifically on the C2 side as that's what they would attack to cripple us... or use against us.

This is real... no joke. Russia changed the entire face of warfare in a heartbeat, and the Chinese are even more capable of it and are even more active in planting poison pills in the electronics supply chain...

WHY DID I BRING THIS UP?

Because if either of them did do this... and they are fully capable of it... the only thing that could delay them long enough for the Military to mount a counter offensive and throw them out... as they would not be able to destroy everything... but could gain a significant foothold here... would be if the population was armed and capable of creating confusion in their ranks and dealing large amounts of casualties to them.

New York or California would be screwed, not only do their own people not have enough guns to fight back (Hunting rifles would be worthless, too outdated, and you'd have one or two shots before they returned fire), but most of them couldn't use one if their life depended on it at this point anyway.

So they're pretty worthless... They'd be overrun and wiped out fairly quickly.

Virginia might be able to hold, as would most of the South and even Florida and even a lot of the Midwest lot of people with guns out there.

And the 2nd Amendment along with those ARs may be the only thing capable of slowing them down long enough for the Military to regroup, the counter attack and drive them out.

Last edited by Silverquick; 09-09-2019 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
As stated in CT and NY compliance is almost nil but all those people who didn’t comply and still have these now illegal guns cannot take their sons shooting, cannot go to a range on Saturday for a tactical class and cannot really enjoy what they still have. Sure during prohibition you could go to a speakeasy and have a few drinks behind closed doors. When done a breath mint or whatever would hide your illegal actions. But refusing to turn in a banned AR15 and keeping it would basically mean you may as well bury it somewhere because you wouldn’t be able to use it as we do now.

Time for ye olde "Speakeasy Range."
Old 09-09-2019, 09:11 PM

There is a rifle behind every blade of grass....

While that does make sense, I, not sure lefty and the millennials are capable of reaching that deep a thought...that requires much more effort than simply “guns are evil and need to be outlawed”
Old 09-09-2019, 09:13 PM

New York or California would be screwed, not only do their own people not have enough guns to fight back (Hunting rifles would be worthless, too outdated, and you'd have one or two shots before they returned fire), but most of them couldn't use one if their life depended on it at this point anyway.

So they're pretty worthless... They'd be overrun and wiped out fairly quickly. Really? I will take exception to that. There are 4 million gun owners in California and surprisingly enough some even know where the trigger is and the ammo goes. 4 million, last time I looked that is more than the population than half the states total population is. We might surprise you
Old 09-09-2019, 09:40 PM

I think that there will be a whole lot of non-compliance with the ban. The authorities would really have to go door to door and search all homes and businesses for the guns. The passive method of they only do something, when someone reports on a person, would only go so far. No due process, someone rats on someone then they show up and do a no knock assault on the person and maybe even shoot them in the process. But some more violent people will make a stand and fight. Then no telling how many police wind up getting shot too.

People forget that the police are not there to protect you. Most will turn on the people with little hesitation. Police work is a career, they have a family to take care of. Refusing gets them fired or even imprisoned too. They lose their badge and have to turn in their weapons too. So they will turn on the people. The military has a worse dilemma. Refusing would get them court Martial-ed, imprisoned and maybe even executed for treason. So they will go with the flow for who is in power too.

Civilian militia groups will wind up with more Ruby Ridge and Waco incidents happening.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:42 PM

The number of evil looking rifles in circulation (we'll count AKs, SKSs, Mini 14/30s, and other odd surplus or military style guns too.) Is likely well over 15 million. There are likely enough magazines for the bulk of these rifles to have at least 5 extras. There is also massive amounts of ammo to go around. Ban or no ban, the cat will never be back in the bag, because of sheer number alone.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:44 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
I think that there will be a whole lot of non-compliance with the ban. The authorities would really have to go door to door and search all homes and businesses for the guns. The passive method of they only do something, when someone reports on a person, would only go so far. No due process, someone rats on someone then they show up and do a no knock assault on the person and maybe even shoot them in the process. But some more violent people will make a stand and fight. Then no telling how many police wind up getting shot too.

People forget that the police are not there to protect you. Most will turn on the people with little hesitation. Police work is a career, they have a family to take care of. Refusing gets them fired or even imprisoned too. They lose their badge and have to turn in their weapons too. So they will turn on the people. The military has a worse dilemma. Refusing would get them court Martial-ed, imprisoned and maybe even executed for treason. So they will go with the flow for who is in power too.

Civilian militia groups will wind up with more Ruby Ridge and Waco incidents happening.
You forget that they are Americans, same as you. And if the nut cutting starts, it won't be Americans that they are serving. And they will know that. They have to live amongst the population.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
I think that there will be a whole lot of non-compliance with the ban. The authorities would really have to go door to door and search all homes and businesses for the guns. The passive method of they only do something, when someone reports on a person, would only go so far. No due process, someone rats on someone then they show up and do a no knock assault on the person and maybe even shoot them in the process. But some more violent people will make a stand and fight. Then no telling how many police wind up getting shot too..
That's honestly what I think will happen.

Pushing a ban ends up in a full civil war. The Antifa Fascists and other leftists beating people and bullying them with the police and justice system doing absolutely nothing to stop any of it already have people at the end of their rope.

There is a powder keg waiting to blow.

And at that point, yeah a lot of them are going to die... because they ended up putting themselves between one group that hates them and chants death to cops... and the other they are being told to steal their guns from because they are the supposed "bad guys" and should be thrown in concentration camps.

If the Justice system and Democrats do not back off in a hurry or get with the program... its going to turn into a firestorm.

I never thought that 6 years ago. But I definitely do now.

Last edited by Silverquick; 09-09-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:40 PM
Administrator

If they succeed with this, and manage to get a law passed requiring the mandatory surrender of semi-auto rifles, and if it's upheld in the courts... say goodbye to all of our gun rights. They'll be able to pass bans on most everything else afterwards. It's one thing to pass a ban that simply says "no more", as it isn't denying anyone the ability to buy a used one or to keep theirs and transfer it to others. But to force citizens to give up their property, with or without compensation is about as unconstitutional as it gets. Sadly the precedent has been set since a long time ago when Eminent Domain became the law of the land.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
If they succeed with this, and manage to get a law passed requiring the mandatory surrender of semi-auto rifles, and if it's upheld in the courts... say goodbye to all of our gun rights. They'll be able to pass bans on most everything else afterwards. It's one thing to pass a ban that simply says "no more", as it isn't denying anyone the ability to buy a used one or to keep theirs and transfer it to others. But to force citizens to give up their property, with or without compensation is about as unconstitutional as it gets. Sadly the precedent has been set since a long time ago when Eminent Domain became the law of the land.
And the idiot fudds think their pump shotguns and bolt guns are immune. The most the left would be willing let us keep is premium break action shotguns, but only for the rich (they will be the only ones that can afford the licensing). They won't need those scary guns for killing, because they got armed guards protecting them anyway. The elitists will think to themselves:"The peasants will be fine, they aren't important enough to be in danger like us."
Old 09-10-2019, 12:18 AM

When evil witch Kate was forming anti-second amendment laws one was that anyone attempting to hide their guns would get (If I remember right) a year in jail and a fine, and if they tried a second time it was five years and a $10K fine.
I cannot say here how angry reading her intended law made me feel, in fact, it's possible we should all be careful because these discussions have a long life and red flag laws may be based on them some day.
416 stainless Sig P-238 & P938 triggers
Old 09-10-2019, 06:46 AM

banning alcohol worked really well, so does banning drugs, the same will happen with guns, it's a futile attempt. Plenty will comply, plenty more will follow orders to force compliance, but an impossible to determine number will do neither. Tghe mag ban in NJ for instance has had absolutely ZERO mags turned in to the state. Sure many people are in hiding etc etc but that's a solid number in 9 months of the law in effect...ZERO.

Too look at NZ...less than 1% compliance as of now.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsproduction View Post
When evil witch Kate was forming anti-second amendment laws one was that anyone attempting to hide their guns would get (If I remember right) a year in jail and a fine, and if they tried a second time it was five years and a $10K fine.
I cannot say here how angry reading her intended law made me feel, in fact, it's possible we should all be careful because these discussions have a long life and red flag laws may be based on them some day.
I've been thinking that for a few months now. Someday, whatever we've said on this place will probably be used against us.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:18 AM

Pretty good article, except for the racism part. I think that detracted from the article a little bit.

There's nothing racist about targeting young black men when virtually all of the gangbangers are young black men. There's likewise nothing racist about targeting Muslims in an airport after 9/11. It's not racist to accept reality.

Last edited by jamiesaun; 09-10-2019 at 07:21 AM.