Confound the Left - Call gun control racist - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 03:32 PM

Confound the Left - Call gun control racist

It's time to set a metaphorical back fire by calling out grabbers as racist given the origins of gun control attempting to prevent freed slaves from aquiring or owning firearms, as well as the Dred Scott decision.

Then watch their collective heads explode as they try to solve this self inflicted Kobayashi Maru.

Spread the word.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Not a bad idea!

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 08-13-2019, 06:00 PM

It still is racist in Liberal cities (like NYC) where you can expect to pay at least $600.00 (probably quite lowball there too ) to legally own a handgun. That is, if the crooked politicos there even grant you the right.

Poor people still deserve the right to protect their loved ones. Shouldn't be the choice between eating and getting shafted (extortion!) for buying the paperwork that says you're somehow legal now.
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
It still is

Poor people still deserve the right to protect their loved ones. Shouldn't be the choice between eating and getting shafted (extortion!) for buying the paperwork that says you're somehow legal now.
I agree, after all poor people are just as smart as white people, lol, Uncle Joe, gotta love him.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thig View Post
I agree, after all poor people are just as smart as white people, lol, Uncle Joe, gotta love him.
Almost wants me to take the double barrel out on the back porch.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:45 PM

Justice Clarence Thomas was clear to point out. When they made the Heller decision.

That most gun control laws enacted in the big cities were an outgrowth of Jim Crow laws. At the time that they were enacted. It was clearly understood that they would be very selectively enforced, primarily against minorities.

They should educate people in our schools about this. I can not imagine why they fail to do so.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:05 PM

I've done this to my left-wing family members and was met by stunned silence. They are a bit short on history.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:47 AM

I’m liking it already.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:13 AM

This guy has been speaking about this exact thing for some time, he has some video's floating around (if you can find them, the Lefty seach engines do their best to hide them) and a couple of movies you can find on netflix and amazon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinesh_D'Souza
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 08-14-2019, 05:57 AM

The word “racist” alone has been verboten basically by any conservative, but held and spoken exclusively by the left. Of course when they use it, its ok. Its high time they get called out for what they are and trying to accomplish.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
That most gun control laws enacted in the big cities were an outgrowth of Jim Crow laws. At the time that they were enacted. It was clearly understood that they would be very selectively enforced, primarily against minorities.

They should educate people in our schools about this. I can not imagine why they fail to do so.
Because they don't want to teach truth, they want to indoctrinate with propaganda.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 08-14-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
It still is racist in Liberal cities (like NYC) where you can expect to pay at least $600.00 (probably quite lowball there too ) to legally own a handgun. That is, if the crooked politicos there even grant you the right.

Reminds me of how my older sister & bro-in-law (former NY'ers) retired from IBM and fled NY State back in 2003, and moved down here where I am, in Virginia.

True story:

Bro-in-law: Owns an old Colt Detective .38 snubby, from back in the early 80's. Obviously had it for years and years, and it was "grandfathered" regarding today's ridiculous NY gun laws.

Sister: Bought a Ruger GP100, 4" barrel, while still in NY State (2002/2003?). She went through absolute holy hell with paperwork, police forms, stopping in at the local police station in NY, getting "interviewed", getting fingerprinted, round and round and round and round with more paperwork, etc... --all while still not physically owning the GP100-- NY State delayed and delayed, sat around on it, two months... three months... six months... 10 MONTHS LATER, THEY FINALLY CALLED MY SISTER TO COME GET HER HANDGUN AND HER PERMIT!!

Now, this is upstate NY mind you. This is not NY City!! Pffffffttttt... You ain't gonna get a handgun in NY City. Ain't no way, no how. Anybody that ventures into NY City with a handgun... Well, your a$$ is going to jail and you ain't getting out! They need to chop off NY City from NY State and let the whole place float away into the Atlantic Ocean...
Old 08-14-2019, 08:14 AM

It is ans always was racist.
The original gun controls were put in place to keep guns out of the hands of minorities.
And not just black minorities

AFS
Old 08-14-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchA View Post
Sister: Bought a Ruger GP100, 4" barrel, while still in NY State (2002/2003?). She went through absolute holy hell with paperwork, police forms, stopping in at the local police station in NY, getting "interviewed", getting fingerprinted, round and round and round and round with more paperwork, etc... --all while still not physically owning the GP100-- NY State delayed and delayed, sat around on it, two months... three months... six months... 10 MONTHS LATER, THEY FINALLY CALLED MY SISTER TO COME GET HER HANDGUN AND HER PERMIT!!
Sounds like here in Jersey (rural Jersey too). I don't even participate in those "Win a Banned Gun Arsenal" contests put on by the NRA and other gun rights groups, because (if I was to win ) it would probably take me thirty years to collect them all.

I think now that Phil and Goober even instituted a law saying that you can only get one permit to buy a pistol form every month. If I won a five handgun first prize, and I can only get one pistol form a month, and it takes an average of 12 months for the form to be validated, I'd be old and blind before I probably got to shoot any of them.

I honestly wonder if it takes 12 whole months (on average) for a Governor's paperwork to go through here if they ever wanted to buy a handgun once (or it's just us average Joe peons?).
Old 08-14-2019, 07:30 PM

NY has a 10mo "waiting period"

It really depends in what NY county the permit is being obtained.

Some are fast, some will bust your nuts and make you wait out their "waiting period".