Another mass-shooting overnight - Dayton, Oh - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-04-2019, 04:31 AM

Another mass-shooting overnight - Dayton, Oh

Unfortunately, 9 dead...Evil Doer shot dead...Not much written about it yet, but it is being reported on the major cable outlet's this morning...Seem's it was in some party/pub area there where the SB opened up overnight.

I don't see any info about the shooter's background yet. Likely another social media weeny I would bet though.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...26A5&FORM=VIRE
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-04-2019 at 04:46 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 04:35 AM

Sympathies to all
Old 08-04-2019, 05:09 AM

This senseless killing needs its own section I feel it’s going to get worse. I’m sad to say.
Godbless the leo’s And first responders they go into this hell.
I pray for the victims.

Gun Safety never sleeps or takes a day off, be safe do it right......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2019, 05:14 AM

Tragic and ridiculous. While social media must serve to help convict these morons that survive like in Texas, i doubt theres adequate IT monitoring personnel to prevent any shootings. Its all after the fact.

As much as I would’ve liked to go see the Stones again, tomorrow, here in Met Life stadium.
The security there will be stepped up for sure.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:37 AM

This should serve as a wake up call to all tha can carry to carry. 24/7!

It is OUR duty to take responsibility for our surroundigs. It’s no longer a matter of just taking care of our loved ones, it’s now a matter of protecting our countrymen.

We all know that waiting for a police officer takes too long. That’s why wee carry in the first place. We are now under attack, our freedoms are going to be trampled even worse than they have been.

Time for everyone to step up to the plate.

Stay safe my1911 Forum family.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:47 AM

Considering the area, I'm betting drunk redneck who go dumped by his GF goes to the bar they met at with the intention of shooting everyone he thinks she slept with.

$10 says he has a violent past and prob'ly a criminal record. Has not been reported to NICS because liberals want to protect his rights.
You may know a thing and it is not true. But in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth. And to understand, you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea. The truth is in the contrast.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAYHEM* View Post
Considering the area, I'm betting drunk redneck who go dumped by his GF goes to the bar they met at with the intention of shooting everyone he thinks she slept with.

$10 says he has a violent past and prob'ly a criminal record. Has not been reported to NICS because liberals want to protect his rights.
No+ they are stating that the shooter was wearing body armor and had a .223 high capacity magazine. (Their words not mine) I’m serious, that’s what the ?mayor? said. They are also stating this is the 250th mass shooting this year, again their words not mine.

Saying police were on scene in less than one minute. The shooter also had extra magazines
Old 08-04-2019, 08:23 AM

As a 70 year old and seeing what is going on today, what makes millennials different?

I began handling firearms as a 10 year old. I don't recall a time when I didn't have immediate access to a firearm. During hunting seasons I could ride a city bus with a rifle or shotgun to the "country" to go hunting. It was common to see rifles or shotguns in the back of class rooms during hunting season. No one ever contemplated using a gun to "settle a score"! That was "fisticuffs" behind the barn!

The gangs I belonged to had name like "Little League", "Boy Scouts" and "Varsity Football"!

We were responsible for our actions, if not, we heard "Wait until your father gets home"!

I was never restricted from TV or other electronic devices because we didn't have them to start with. Except we "watched" radio Friday and Saturday nights!

So is the problem easy access to firearms or deeper social issues that are being ignored?

Prayers for the victims and their families,
Old 08-04-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAYHEM* View Post

Having worked in Dayton a year ago I can say there are plenty of shootings in that city that go unreported because it is black on black crime and the liberals don't want us to know their policies are not working. Sound familiar??
Old 08-04-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfitch View Post
As a 70 year old and seeing what is going on today, what makes millennials different?

I began handling firearms as a 10 year old. I don't recall a time when I didn't have immediate access to a firearm. During hunting seasons I could ride a city bus with a rifle or shotgun to the "country" to go hunting. It was common to see rifles or shotguns in the back of class rooms during hunting season. No one ever contemplated using a gun to "settle a score"! That was "fisticuffs" behind the barn!

The gangs I belonged to had name like "Little League", "Boy Scouts" and "Varsity Football"!

We were responsible for our actions, if not, we heard "Wait until your father gets home"!

I was never restricted from TV or other electronic devices because we didn't have them to start with. Except we "watched" radio Friday and Saturday nights!

So is the problem easy access to firearms or deeper social issues that are being ignored?

Deeper social issues combined with the candy store of depression meds these doctors are handing out. Guns have always been there. How many of us grew up with dads hunting rifle hanging on the mantle? You knew better than to touch it.

The bleeding heart liberals want us to be in touch with our feelings then give us meds to handle a bad emotional day
Old 08-04-2019, 08:44 AM

The source is a Society that's lost any aspect of a moral compass. There are a lot of crazy people around that are just being treated as the latest "new morality" that must be accepted because they're a new voting block.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfitch View Post

Well, if we can keep this going we can find out when exactly it started unraveling. I just turned 60 and it was no different than your experience.
So up next we need input from your era.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Looks to me like the copycats are out in full force.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:17 AM

When I went to high school in the early 80's it was still common to see rifles and shotguns in racks in pickup trucks in the school parking lot. No big deal.

If you had a knife on your belt or in your pocket no big deal either.

Nobody EVER threatened to shoot or stab another person, if there was a problem you either punched or got punched.

I grew up with guns in the house, they were in the bedroom closet. So was the ammo for each gun. Not a chance in hell I would have touched any of them without permission, no need to risk taking another beating.

These days it is a crime to keep your kids in line by hitting them if need be. As soon as the commie neighbor or school teacher finds out they report you for child abuse.

I don't endorse child abuse, but I do believe discipline both physical and verbal are needed to get respect from your kids.

I also am a firm believer in a good days work. Nothing changes a kids bad attitude like a pile of rocks and a shovel!
Old 08-04-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Looks to me like the copycats are out in full force.
One problem is the internet and it's numerous social networks. Incels, and wannabe terrorists now have voices of encouragement to egg them on. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a group of sadistic individuals who target mentally ill posters on incel populated chat rooms and forums, and help convince them to commit these crimes. As said by others the MSM has been promoting the copy cat game since Columbine.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:24 AM

Constant unchecked shooting video games and technology which numb the senses are also at play
Old 08-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndfrc View Post
Constant unchecked shooting video games and technology which numb the senses are also at play
Isolation and no social development combined with excessive use of gaming and other things including drugs seem to be factors. Destruction of the family, which has taken place in recent decades, with absentee parenting, where a kid can develop into a loner, can create paranoia and dysfunction.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Isolation and no social development combined with excessive use of gaming and other things including drugs seem to be factors. Destruction of the family, which has taken place in recent decades, with absentee parenting, where a kid can develop into a loner, can create paranoia and dysfunction.
Pretty much it in a nutshell. We've been breeding anti-social loners and feeding them pharmaceuticals for the past 30 years if not longer.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:11 AM

In less than the one minute it took for the police to arrive and neutralize him he killed 9 and injured many more. Think about that. One single minute.

And of course in pure disgraceful fashion democrat candidates were on this morning and two, Booker and O’rourke said same thing ‘This is Trump’s fault!’ trying to put the blood of innocents on his hands. The next year and a half are gonna be really rough for this nation.
COTEP#782
Old 08-04-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
This should serve as a wake up call to all tha can carry to carry. 24/7!

Stay safe my1911 Forum family.
This shooting was late night in a bar area. Iím not sure of the laws where you are but in Texas itís a felony to carry in a bar.

Now the walmart shooting, the first thing my wife and I both said was that we couldnít believe no one shot back!!! Come on guys this is Texas, there are over 1 million carry licenses issued here. Plus it was at a Walmart in El Paso, lots of guns in El Paso legal and not.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
In less than the one minute it took for the police to arrive and neutralize him he killed 9 and injured many more. Think about that. One single minute.

And of course in pure disgraceful fashion democrat candidates were on this morning and two, Booker and O’rourke said same thing ‘This is Trump’s fault!’ trying to put the blood of innocents on his hands. The next year and a half are gonna be really rough for this nation.
Yea, there was that so called moderate congressmen Lefty running for pres on Morning with Maria fox business network also trying to pin it on POTUS...Such hypocrites, the Lefty Leadership (Nancy, Chuck and all the other's) can call POTUS every filthy thing in the book, like racist and nazi, but he suppose to sit and take it without saying anything. They need to find a new scapegoat, like social media and crazy people, the latter is the root cause, the former is the great enabler.

Booker and Beto, unbelievable that these 2 nut-job's could be a senator and congressmen, two complete wacko's with no chance in the P-election. Not this time around anyway.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-04-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartian View Post
This shooting was late night in a bar area. Iím not sure of the laws where you are but in Texas itís a felony to carry in a bar.

Now the walmart shooting, the first thing my wife and I both said was that we couldnít believe no one shot back!!! Come on guys this is Texas, there are over 1 million carry licenses issued here. Plus it was at a Walmart in El Paso, lots of guns in El Paso legal and not.
in Texas, unlike Florida, "No Guns" signs (30.06 and 30.08) carry the weight of law. I only saw them in bigger cities like Dallas. I'm betting that Walmart was posted
COTEP #0523
Old 08-04-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Pretty much it in a nutshell. We've been breeding anti-social loners and feeding them pharmaceuticals for the past 30 years if not longer.
Doctors these days do not care. They hand out psychiatric drugs like Halloween candy whether the patient needs it or not. I've seen it happen. Parents then parent their kid minimally, thinking the drug, and public school alternative or "special" education does the job for them. This is how incels are made. They say the gun lobby needs to be taken down. I say we try to reform public schools, and attack the pharmaceutical lobby first.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post
I say we try to reform public schools, and attack the pharmaceutical lobby first.
Good luck. The pharmaceutical lobby is even more powerful than the NRA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartian View Post
Now the walmart shooting, the first thing my wife and I both said was that we couldn’t believe no one shot back!!! Come on guys this is Texas, there are over 1 million carry licenses issued here. Plus it was at a Walmart in El Paso, lots of guns in El Paso legal and not.
Unfortunately the average person, even if they're carrying a gun are going to try to escape rather than confront the gunman and risk getting shot and killed. Besides, the overwhelming majority of CCW permit holders don't carry most of the time, and those who do usually have just a small Ruger LCP in their pocket. Tacticool civilians with an open-carried Glock 22, two spare mags, flashlight and Spyderco knife on their belt are a rarity.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:59 AM

Honestly I think one factor is the division of our nation. BOTH sides are fanning that flame. Republicans think Democrats are to blame, Democrats think Republicans are to blame. I think they are both right.