Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-22-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
Jordanl:
Did WC do the engraving / stamping of the term "SUPERGRADE" & did you specifically ask
for it to be spelled as one word?
It will be interesting to see where this one goes...
Old 12-23-2016, 01:54 AM

They all look great!
Old 12-23-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STX View Post

I really like those grips a lot. The color is amazing. Very classy.
1911s: Wilson Combat: Presidential Classic, Tactical Supergrade, Tactical Elite .38S, CQB 9mm, CQB Compact .38S, EDC X9 Nighthawk: Bob Marvel .45 and .22 Ed Brown: Classic Custom, Exec Carry, Les Baer: UTC 1.5", TRS Springfield: Pro, Pro LR, Champ Oper Colt: ANVII 100th Anniv Ed Alchemy Custom: Full Custom, Springfield Loaded 9mm, Springfield Mil-Spec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2016, 10:21 AM

I like those ivories too.
Beautiful grain structuring.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:04 PM

I was threatening to get a set of ivory grips a couple of years ago, but then I discovered walnut instead. I can't quite explain why, but those things just get to me.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
It will be interesting to see where this one goes...
Good Lord, when will I ever learn to quit closing threads prematurely by asking stupid questions?
Old 12-25-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Good Lord, when will I ever learn Tom quit closing threads prematurely by asking stupid questions?
I saw it more as a set-up question in a deposition. I didn't know, that is just how it struck me.

Then you come back with "I say you killed Mr. Culpepper in the library with a candlestick!"
Old 12-25-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I saw it more as a set-up question in a deposition. I didn't know, that is just how it struck me.

Then you come back with "I say you killed Mr. Culpepper in the library with a candlestick!"
Oops, my bad, but it was not intended as a "ser-up" query for anybody. I am genuinely interested in whether the "SUPERGRADE" etching/engraving was done by WC, and whether the two words were intentionally done as 1 word.
My apologies to anybody/everybody that took it to mean anything other than what I intended it to be. It just does not look realistic to me.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Oops, my bad, but it was not intended as a "ser-up" query for anybody. I am genuinely interested in whether the "SUPERGRADE" etching/engraving was done by WC, and whether the two words were intentionally done as 1 word.
My apologies to anybody/everybody that took it to mean anything other than what I intended it to be. It just does not look realistic to me.
Two words with no spacing.
COTEP#782
Old 12-26-2016, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeldoc View Post
Is he still making grips ? I would love to have a pair of those sunrise. Thought I heard he had closed shop ??? B
tarheeldoc,

Many of Larry's grips are now being made by SGM Grips....Michael Gailey. Check out the sticky thread in the parts section of this forum. I have a set of SGM Grips in the mail....Michael has been great to work with.

I have several of the sunrise pattern that Larry made back in the day.......I like the look much better than the starburst for some odd reason.

OP can share if he likes but SGM makes a grip called a bar none pattern.....his grips appear to be a combo of sunrise and bar-none????????

Give Michael a call, I'm sure he is capable of making any grip Larry D originally made.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:03 AM

Ok I will jump in....... Wooly mammoth from Dan Chinnock and the others from David Warther. The checkered ones started as slabs but were done by John Schultz......thanks to the Feds I kicked the ivory habit, because I would have kept on buying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Isn't that "no space" the way WC spells Supergrade?
Old 12-26-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Isn't that "no space" the way WC spells Supergrade?
Oops, my bad. You're so correct & I'm so incorrect. I just looked at mine & it also has no spaced. Well, I do have Glaucoma & Cataracts both but I swear that I looked at mine & thought that it had a space. My apologies to all for any confusion that this may have caused.