Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Marine to Feinstein: No ma'am, I won't register my guns

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/04/us/mar...html?hpt=hp_t2

Good for him!
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM

Reading stories like this gives me a little hope. The sea of negativity from the media has been a beat down.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:24 PM

You're slippin' admin!! https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=395880

LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Yes I know it was previously closed. But it's an inspirational story and I hope everyone can remain civil discussing it this time. It also included Sweinstein's response to the letter, which was as typical as it could get.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:46 PM

What I find inspirational is the open defiance of his refusal to comply with registration sent directly to her...and the multitudes willing to stand beside him.

To me that speaks volumes and I feel this lone Marine who had the guts to speak up for what he believes in, is just what this country needed to lift us up against these liberals who are hard bent on changing our nation into something that we all feel is a road to tyranny.

I'll stand beside him, without a doubt.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 PM

Love this..
Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 PM

Personally I'm glad this was reopened...

It is a stand of valor... and of course. By a US Marine...
Old 01-05-2013, 09:13 PM

I really thought it would happen long after I was gone, but things have sped up dramatically since Obama took office. Sorry to say, but with the current political situation its very possible that many of us will be called to stand and be counted. The wolves are definitely at the door.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:16 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-owners-pus...210043517.html

I find it disgusting how the media is trying to twist it into how we gun owners support the measures they are taking and that the former Marine may be violating the Constitution.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeLuvs1911 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/gun-owners-pus...210043517.html

I find it disgusting how the media is trying to twist it into how we gun owners support the measures they are taking and that the former Marine may be violating the Constitution.
Wont change my mind any...

All it is proving to me is that the media is directly involved in this...
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=396808
Old 01-06-2013, 01:45 AM

We need the military to take sides. Will it be the president and the law, or the constitution?
"At the end of the day, you are getting a gun that has real soul, and almost takes on it's own personality. No two are exactly the same, and that's the great thing about them." Rob Schauland (AlchemyCustom) on Les Baers.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:50 AM

While I applaud the former Marine for his stance, it is also very ignorant of him.

Failure to register as a law requires could cause him to be ineligible to own a firearm since he might possibly get a felony record for his refusal.

It is a lot easier to change things within the law than by breaking the law.

While I do not support any type gun registration, I have to abide by the law or else I become a criminal.

I also feel the same about those that say they will not surrender their guns until they pry their cold dead fingers from the trigger. Sounds good but an extremely small number of people would be so stupid. It would be a battle one cannot win. Now if it is a thug in a robbery attempt, I will not surrender my gun since I would be placing myself at his mercy.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 AM

The opinions of patriots who have actually risked their lives serving this country, defending the Constitution and our freedoms, all for low pay, should carry some weight with politicians. Unfortunately politicians like Feinstien whose public service more often than not includes fancy dinners, special treatment, low risk, and undermining the Constitution, all for high pay, often have little respect for our military.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 AM

I think oldman45 is missing the point of the2nd am. Keeping the populace armed is pointless if we let a tyranical gov. run over our gun rights, If they outlaw them take them then it is tooooo late to work within the laws that shouldnt have been passed in the first place. I am 50 years old never been in the military, but I have the greatest admiration for those of you who have,and I would hug that brave marine buy him a beer and stand with him and say no I will not give you my guns.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruesome View Post
i think oldman45 is missing the point of the2nd am. Keeping the populace armed is pointless if we let a tyranical gov. Run over our gun rights, if they outlaw them take them then it is tooooo late to work within the laws that shouldnt have been passed in the first place. I am 50 years old never been in the military, but i have the greatest admiration for those of you who have,and i would hug that brave marine buy him a beer and stand with him and say no i will not give you my guns.
+1
Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 AM

Got to love the Marines! They don't believe in pussyfooting around the subject. That is why they have been the first on the beachhead. They secure the beach, or die trying. No backdown for them. They hold a unique view of patriotism, with a strong belief in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
I also feel the same about those that say they will not surrender their guns until they pry their cold dead fingers from the trigger. Sounds good but an extremely small number of people would be so stupid. It would be a battle one cannot win. Now if it is a thug in a robbery attempt, I will not surrender my gun since I would be placing myself at his mercy.
You don't get that we're facing a thug in a robbery attempt? Are you aware that Feinstein's bill includes not being able to pass your registerd firearms down to your heirs, but rather the government gets your firearms when you pass?

Tell me why on God's green earth the government should have claim to such private property? Current inheritance taxes are bad enough.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM

Location: West Virginia, surrounded by good folk. Still trying to figure out the rebel flag deal in a state that fought for the Union LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunBugBit View Post
You don't get that we're facing a thug in a robbery attempt? Are you aware that Feinstein's bill includes not being able to pass your registerd firearms down to your heirs, but rather the government gets your firearms when you pass?

Tell me why on God's green earth the government should have claim to such private property? Current inheritance taxes are bad enough.
^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is just not an attack on the 2A, it's a further assault on the rest of the Constitution.

No more compromising of our rights. Every incremental gain by the "reasonable gun control" crowd is literally another nail in the coffin of our Natural Born Rights as free citizens of a Constitutional Republic.

Some folks need to remember that whatever government grants, it can also take away. When that happens then we are no longer talking about rights, we are talking about privileges and we are no longer free citizens, we are subjects.
"Only two things in this world keeps a chickens ass off the ground and its not wings"
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 AM

If the government passed a bill limiting when, where and what type of religion you could practice, required you to register yourself as a member of the religion they felt was acceptable and refusal would make you a felon, would you comply?

If the government limited your freedom of speech to what they felt was acceptable speech, would you comply?

If the government told you that the police was allowed to search your vehicle on a traffic stop because it may turn up something illegal and if it could only save one life, it's worth it, would you comply?

If you say no to any of these then why would you let the government tell you what kind of gun you are allowed to own and the circumstances of ownership? That right shall not be infringed by the same document that affords you all the other rights we have in this country. If they can change them on a whim, what's the point. What is really safe?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 PM

How many caught wind of the leaked DHS reports a few years ago? Based on that, how is this guy NOT on their 'watch list'(or any of us)?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM

Whats almost scarier is that the GOP has little hopes for 2016. Weapons bans can be repealed like in 2004 but not without a republican in the White House.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewetstone View Post
Whats almost scarier is that the GOP has little hopes for 2016. Weapons bans can be repealed like in 2004 but not without a republican in the White House.
I thought it just expired. I'm betting they will push hard for no expiration on this one.
"Let me make a short, opening, blanket comment. There are no "good guns". There are no "bad guns". Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a decent person is no threat to anybody except bad people." - Charlton Heston
Old 01-06-2013, 01:08 PM

Are you guys serious? Even if you decide to die for your guns, you WILL lose. There is no way, no matter what, that you can win a fight with the government. You can get killed and that would do your families a lot of good.

The Powers to Be will not hesitate to order protestors arrested or shot.

Just saying that one would resist by force is almost a terroristic threat.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:25 PM

And thats why some of us are sheepdogs, while others are sheep. If you don't understand and just look forward to your next breath, free or not, then go on your way with the other sheep.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
Are you guys serious? Even if you decide to die for your guns, you WILL lose. There is no way, no matter what, that you can win a fight with the government. You can get killed and that would do your families a lot of good.

The Powers to Be will not hesitate to order protestors arrested or shot.

Just saying that one would resist by force is almost a terroristic threat.
You suggest there would be something to lose - many might argue that there would be nothing to lose in that worst case scenario.