Moderator Army Chief has passed away - Page 11 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 03:02 PM

thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 PM

Thoughts and prayers to you and to your family. "He that believes in me will have everlasting life" is always on my mind.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:51 AM

Army Chief

I have been away from the forum for a while and I am saddened to hear this news

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

If it is GOD`s will to heal you then you know your work here is not done, if it is his will to take you home then you know your work here is done and you will be looking down at us at the range saying looking at all them dummys, they cant hit the broad side of a barn

Hang in there
NRA Life Member and NO I dont do Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

After spending a week at the medical center receiving radiation treatment, Chuck is home resting. He has this to say this morning:

Home for the weekend, back with the rest of the family and feeling quite well, considering.

Will likely putz around on the workbench a bit, as I've got a new Noveske NSR upper that I've been meaning to set up. Nary a complaint.

Those of you who make it out to the firing line today, why not post up a few pictures here, so this doesn't devolve into a gloom and doom thread? =]

Appreciate you guys.

AC
Old 10-13-2012, 07:57 AM

AC, I saw you were online yesterday. I hope reading through the forum helps distract from the battle you are waging. Even if only for a moment.
Keep up the fight.
I admire the positive attitude. It says a lot about a man.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:53 AM

AC glad to see your feeling well enough to think about going to the workbench, stay strong and keep fighting.

Pistol Brass For Sale
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=433516
Old 10-13-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
Chuck is home resting. He has this to say this morning: Will likely putz around on the workbench a bit, as I've got a new Noveske NSR upper that I've been meaning to set up. Nary a complaint.

Those of you who make it out to the firing line today, why not post up a few pictures here
This is inspiring news Chuck. You just keep fighting no matter what. Don't have any pics from today, but here's some more from the Florida Carbine Shoot.

Something tells me you might like these southpaw shots.

A few rifles.

A few suppressed pistols.

Lots of fun stuff in the parking lots at gun shoots too.

Last edited by US1911; 10-13-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:58 PM

AC

It's good to hear you're at the bench working on a project! Stay strong!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 AM

Nice pics, US1911!!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:54 PM

Thanks SCS1911!

AC,

Here's a couple more southpaw shooting pics from last year. My Wife has arthritis and osteo, so she started shooting left handed a few years ago and she's pretty darn good at it too.

She loves shooting my 1911's. So, I told her that she should just buy which ever one she likes the best, she said; "why should I when I've basically got a safe full of them already."

Last edited by US1911; 10-14-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:39 AM

Jesus has promised that He will never leave us or forsake us.

I can tell from your message that you have claimed that promise and are comforted by it.

May the peace of God be with you during this very difficult time.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:52 AM

Chuck, as we start a new week towards what I would like to believe is a path towards recovery; I hope that you experience relief with each breath and a sensational increase in comfort. Don't stop fighting! I know it's easy for me to say; (actually it's not, because I'm really not the type that freely expresses my unsolicited feelings) but, I know that during tremendous struggle the path of least resistance becomes a consideration. Fight it and keep charging forward ~ it’s what Warriors do!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:05 PM

AC,
Just wanted to add my heartfelt support and prayers to throngs here who are already doing so. Hats off to your courage and perspective in fighting this battle, an example for us all. Stay strong brother.
Klickboom
Old 10-16-2012, 05:45 PM

Chuck, just wanted to share a couple more pics with you. As a career Navy man, I obviously don't posses much Army memorabilia. However, I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of our Uniformed Services. Especially those like yourself who've achieved the ultimate rank of Chief Warrant Officer 5. So, while its true that I don't personally know you, it's also true that I know of you; and, I know that only the highest caliber of extraordinary professionals would even be considered for such a position, much less actually be appointed.

This first pic has my Colt 1911 (nothing special, just a Talo AF Govt) pictured with the only piece of Army memorabilia that I own; which just so happens to be incredibly special to me, as it's my late Father's paratrooper patch from Korea. When I see this patch, it reminds me of my Father's U.S. Army Service, my Brother-In-Laws' U.S. Army tours in Vietnam (3 of them) and now You ~ U.S. Army Chief.

The next pic is my chain that I've been wearing forever ~ God, Country/Family and the U.S. Navy. Of course, you can just visualize the anchors as cannons instead and interpret it to be ~ God, Country/Family and the U.S. Army. I only wanted to share this pic because at the beginning of the year, my Friend, Shipmate and fellow Senior Chief was diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma in his eye. Docs were very concerned to say the least, but immediately got to work on him.

Well, several months later he's cancer free and has resumed a familiar quality of life. I took this pic and sent it to my Friend as a source of inspiration, strength and comfort. Did it have anything to do with his recovery? Of course not, as you already know, once it's in the Man Upstairs' hands, we're powerless to influence the predetermined outcome. However, I just hope that it serves to remind you of the forum support you have from your Brothers here, Sir.

Last edited by US1911; 10-16-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:51 PM

The trio for this PM:

Bullet got stuck in the P35.

That's OK. The Talon and CQB-E were there to cover the slack:

The P35 is getting good and grimey though.

Keep fighting AC.
Bill's Random Thoughts Blog
Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
Update from Chuck:

Brothers,

As you might imagine, it's become rather difficult to predict how I am going to feeling from one hour to the next as this thing has progressed, and the overall "misery index" has served to really limit the time and tolerance I have for doing anything computer-related. It remains my intent to pop my head out of the foxhole as often as I can, and to stay engaged here for as long as possible, but the nature of this fight is such that it is reducing me fairly quickly. There has been some sense of stabilization over the past few days, and while that is a long way from actually feeling "good," your prayers for strength and resilience are being answered.

We started an emergency round of radiation this past Wednesday to at least show this thing that we intend to resist, and while that's meant three-plus hours of discomfort in the car every day, at least we've finally gotten the colors moving toward the smoke of the battle lines. My daughter came home from college on Thursday evening to give dad some extra love and pampering. My parents arrived earlier in the week, so we all made it out to my son's varsity football game last night (the school golf-carted me to/from the car). My older son and daughter-in-law are also expected to arrive within the next 90 minutes, so we can log a few precious hours of family time over the weekend before the aggressive radiation begins on Monday. I've already been blessed in more ways than I could ever hope to convey. God's goodness amazes me more every day.

Mrs. Army Chief and myself will be staying in the Chapel Hill area during these treatments next week (twice daily), and will travel home on the weekends. The treatment protocol is slated for seven weeks, but as I've got one of the rarest cancers in one of the least common locations that it is ever seen, the entire plan is highly theory-based, and we will really have to judge our progress from week to week. Best case, it may shrink things down a bit and buy us some time. Worst case, it will sap my last reserves and hasten the need to come home and begin hospice care. Either way, my prayer is that whatever work God is seeking to accomplish through this would be done -- decisively -- without me getting in the way, and that the lives of many others will be blessed along the way.

Here is the list of "small victories" that are currently keeping me motivated: =]

1. Survive until 6 November to cast my vote in the national election.
2. Celebrate my 47th birthday on 7 November at home.
3. Fight hard to give us a shot at spending Christmas 2012 together as a family.

AC
AC My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you Battle this terrible disease.

We are the same age as I will turn 47 on Nov 4, I would like to think if I was faced with this battle that I could do so with the same Grace and Spirit as you, You Sir are a Inspiration, And I pray that you WIN the "small victories".

Thank you for your Service and may God lay his hands on you and guide you through your Battle.....We here are in your corner!!!!

Ed
Old 10-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Honorary Administrator Emeritus

Appreciate the gracious and steadfast support, friends. Things continue to ramp themselves up in the physical misery department day by day, but my spirit remains strong, and I've no fear over what lies ahead. I am ready for whatever God chooses to bring my way.

AC
Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 AM

AC,

Bless you and your family brother! Good to see you on here.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 AM

Ac- we don't know each other, but we're the same age, hard for me to read this and not get choked up, you are an inspiration to many of us, keep your chin up and kick this cancer's butt!! You can do this man!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 AM

I wish you and your family all the best, sir.

God bless.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 AM

God be with you and yours.

Prayers sent for you and your family.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
Appreciate the gracious and steadfast support, friends. Things continue to ramp themselves up in the physical misery department day by day, but my spirit remains strong, and I've no fear over what lies ahead. I am ready for whatever God chooses to bring my way.
AC
Thanks so much for chiming in Chuck, but please don't feel obligated to do so. We know it's difficult for you to function and that every moment that you have from now until your final destination, must be well calculated and preserved for the special folks that surround you.

I would just like for you to know that I've received some PM's from folks here, who've expressed their concern and support. Many of whom admit that they're not comfortable, or, just simply don't know how to convey their sentiments, via a forum or just in general. Indeed, expressing one's love, care and concern for another man (especially one they've never met) is unfamiliar territory for most and can be very awkward too.

However, you’re a remarkable person and deserve to hear our thoughts. So, even if it takes me out of my comfort zone and exposes some of my vulnerabilities, I know I’m not alone in my feelings and that those of us who’ve responded to thread, in reality, represent only a small fraction of the actual member’s who really wish to express their compassion for a true Patriot.

You just keep up the fight Sir; we’ll be here if you need us.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:

AC
AC, you've got to be among the classiest persons I've ever met. Continued very best wishes and prayers to you, and hopes that the road ahead will go in a miraculous direction ... also recognizing that "miraculous direction" to someone wiser than me might be more open-ended than what my more limited comprehension of things eternal is capable of perceiving. I'm still going to keep rooting for a miracle here and now, so that you'll remain here with us.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 10-17-2012, 05:30 PM

Chief, I lurk here more than I post, but you inspire me beyond words. You have my prayers.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:

AC
Relative noob here, and my only knowledge of AC is this thread. I can only hope and pray that when it's my time that I have an attitude like this. What an amazing man you are.

Larry
Closed Thread