Murphy's at it again. - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 04:11 AM

Not only did this a*$h0le shut down all gun shops and stop NICS checks throughout the state of NJ, but now his administration is releasing almost 1,000 inmates due to the Coronavirus.

http://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.usnews...fcontext%3damp

Last edited by 1911Pistolero; 03-25-2020 at 04:17 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:00 AM

One of the provisions is an address and Many of these inmates have no place to go when theyre released, have no money and probably wont return for trial.
So what can that possibly lead to? They’re in jail where they get 3 meals/day and a clean bed. In many cases its better than they had on the outside.

Way to go Murphy...
Old 03-25-2020, 06:34 AM

That is a perfect storm! Let’s see, a bunch of stores shut down, including those with weapons. The first thing that goes through their heads is “where can I get free crap? So what if they get caught. As a matter of fact, some may just stand out on the street, throw a brick through a window and call the cops on themselves. (On the stolen iphone they mugged someone for). Cornifornia is doing the same, including the fact that some of the inmates tested positive according to a tidbit of news recklessly released! Would you doubt it???

Last edited by Nitro.45; 03-25-2020 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Magazineman made me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 08:24 AM

Universally across the entire USA it's going to get a lot worse medically before it starts to get any better.

I wonder out loud how many 'former' anti-gun people across the country are in a state of fear and panic if THEY can't buy a gun NOW when they realize they 'could' really NEED one? Maybe when the medical crisis is over they won't be so gun control gung-ho anymore?

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-25-2020, 08:35 AM

I wonder why the commie state leaders even did Quarantine, shelter in place, etc orders. They really want to kill off the elderly populations anyway. More SSA to spend on illegals and such. I know quite a few elderly people on the west coast refuse to go to a hospital as they believe they want to kill them in there. They have told me how some of their friends went into the hospitals for minor outpatient surgery and died there. I forget which west coast state it was that has euthanasia laws, but they tried to kill my best friend's mother by taking her off the respirator without his permission. Fortunately she survived. But the doctors just didn't want to treat her or care for her.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Just more proof that the leftists believe that criminals should have more rights than the rest of us.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:17 AM

Temporarily release? You bet, how will they get them back, blow a whistle? All you criminals I released with a promise to return come back! This will turn out well. And NJ residents should be proud of this.... You bet, I'm sure I'd be proud of my state sicking more criminals on me!
What could possibly go wrong???
This is sad!
Old 03-25-2020, 09:52 AM

Nitro 45 ---------------- Dude, you gotta re-read & edit your post.

You said "including the fact that all the inmates have tested positive"

No, only ONE has. And he's NOT being released. AND he's in a state prison (not jails where releases happen)

Could this turn into a giant cluster foo? Sure. But your post, as written, is highly flawed in many ways.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:54 AM

"commuting county jail sentences for low-risk inmates." Ha! My bet is 75% of these "low-risk" inmates will end up committing more crimes soon.

Keep your powder dry.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:03 PM

Agreed.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:15 PM

Should house most of the released prisoners at the Governor's mansion.

The 2nd Amendment foundation has a lawsuit going now against his totalitarian policies. I donated $50.00 yesterday towards it.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
Nitro 45 ---------------- Dude, you gotta re-read & edit your post.

You said "including the fact that all the inmates have tested positive"

No, only ONE has. And he's NOT being released. AND he's in a state prison (not jails where releases happen)

Could this turn into a giant cluster foo? Sure. But your post, as written, is highly flawed in many ways.
No, the only flaw is that I said ALL of them released were positive. Surely you don't think that they would tell the truth right? I heard a different story (probably false) that three released from The LA County Jail were tested positive. How many released were never really tested?? That's another perfect place for this thing to spread. Theres no gettin' away from anyone in the clink. Pretty good guess that the majority of them have it. Telling the public that would ruin their plan. I will edit my post however. You are right, I was sensationalizing like the press.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Agreed.
Now wait a minute!
That was the body of my other post!
You cant agree with this guy and tell me that mine was a flawed theory..
Nothin' wrong with the brick through a window, because I bet it just happened!
Old 03-25-2020, 01:58 PM

Nito. 45 ------------ Your post WAS flawed. It wasn't all inmates---it was one dude. And the guy isn't getting released. Plus the releases are from JAIL anyhow. Not Prisons--yet. Sorry, your initial pre-edit post reeked. No offense!

And yes, I agreed with Steedgun that released inmates will probably re-offend. Because that's what released inmates generally do. No surprises there.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Just more proof that the leftists believe that criminals should have more rights than the rest of us.

It's not their fault.
It's because they had a $h1tty childhood.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:15 PM

Awww C'mon MagMan, splittin hairs now...
Jail, Penitentiary, Correctional Facility, Reformatory, Clink, Hoosgow, Cooler...call it what you will. Slimebags have been released from captivity because the authorities are afraid of the spread inside the facility. You're nuts if you think none of them had it.
LA Sherriff Villanueva made a report stating that he let 600 birds fly the coop over the last two weeks. Santa Clara, Alameda let out hundreds more and the trend will continue. San Francisco did report that they didn't let anyone go because they just don't arrest people there......they just all want to get along.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:08 PM

Nitro. 45. You said a variety of things that were incorrect. Not just a jail/prison wording mixup, which I agree is no big deal.

But you suggested multiple (not one) Covid Positives were being released.

That would be NO and NO.

And guessing that some of them are is just that. A guess. I wouldn't call that one anywhere close to fact.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:45 AM

I don't believe they tested the 800-1,000 inmates that were released. If this one guy had it, who knows how many of them were infected, especially if they were in the general population.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:55 AM

If they pose no threat to others why were they in jail in the first place. That is the usual bs spun by the left. Same thing is happening here; but our gun stores are still open and doing a tremendous business.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Pistolero View Post
I don't believe they tested the 800-1,000 inmates that were released. If this one guy had it, who knows how many of them were infected, especially if they were in the general population.
They didn’t. They get a history and ask a few questions, thats it. Many of the diagnoses were made on a presumptive basis just as everyone else in all likelihood.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Nitro. 45. You said a variety of things that were incorrect. Not just a jail/prison wording mixup, which I agree is no big deal.

But you suggested multiple (not one) Covid Positives were being released.

That would be NO and NO.

And guessing that some of them are is just that. A guess. I wouldn't call that one anywhere close to fact.
You cannot prove any different. As a matter of fact, I believe that the odds are on my side with my presumption. The general consensus from the CDC is that there are countless people walking around that have it and don’t even know it. I would guess that the “detention facility” merely zapped their forehead to do a temp check, no fever, good to go, slap on the ass and out you go. No tellin how many had it, but I would bet it’s far more than one. “One” is no way accurate my friend.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:11 PM

They probably screened them, just as they do at airports, VA clinics, etc., with a few questions.
  1. Do you have a fever?
  2. Do you have a runny nose?
Etc.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert cannon View Post
if they pose no threat to others why were they in jail in the first place.

That is the usual bs spun by the left. Same thing is happening here; but our gun stores are still open and doing a tremendous business.
this!
Old 03-26-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capper View Post
They probably screened them, just as they do at airports, VA clinics, etc., with a few questions.
  1. Do you have a fever?
  2. Do you have a runny nose?
Etc.
Thats about it.

The only other thing they ‘might do’ is take their temperature and make sure they didnt have a fever.