Dan Wesson Customer Service - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-24-2019, 09:09 AM

Dan Wesson Customer Service

I recently purchased my first 1911, but ran into some issues with the gun locking up after 100 rounds. I suspected galling, and mailed it in. They said it was a burr on the frame, and fixed it.

It's been a month since Endre said it was repaired and still hasn't been shipped. Is this normal? I haven't been able to get any real status updates other than quoting "4-6 week turn around time" from Dan Wesson, and am just wondering how others have fared.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 12-24-2019, 09:31 AM

If they told me my gun was repaired I am pretty sure I would have called someone to find out exactly where my gun was long before a month had gone by.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:56 AM

Call and keep the pressure.
Nice people fall to the manipulator. The manipulator crumbles under the assertive. The assertive shrinks before the aggressive. The aggressive have no plan for the assaultive. The assaultive are unprepared for the homicidal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2019, 10:04 AM

I'd send Endre an email asking for an update - though DW is off for the rest of this week.
His email is [email protected]
Old 12-24-2019, 10:13 AM

Call or email Endre option 5. I had both and custom and warranty work done and had my Valor back in 2 1/2 weeks from the date I shipped it.

One thing is the Holidays and Vacations maybe the hang up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2019, 11:37 AM

I had some issues with my 38 Super Guardian slide. Round trip and fix took about two weeks. They may be hard down for the holidays but, I’d called them next week.

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."
Old 12-24-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merek View Post
I recently purchased my first 1911, but ran into some issues with the gun locking up after 100 rounds. I suspected galling, and mailed it in. They said it was a burr on the frame, and fixed it.

It's been a month since Endre said it was repaired and still hasn't been shipped. Is this normal? I haven't been able to get any real status updates other than quoting "4-6 week turn around time" from Dan Wesson, and am just wondering how others have fared.

Thanks,
Jon
If he let you know it was done a month ago and you don't have it, there is a ball doing some serious bouncing around after being dropped hard.......Too bad you waited until Christmas week to follow up on it...I'm sure they are closed down for the week.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:34 PM

I've been following up every week, and their responses seem increasingly annoyed. I'm not sure what the issue is -- the gun was repaired the day after it was received (the week of Thanksgiving). I guess I'll call on Monday.

"I tried calling today for a status update but nobody answered the phone. Any estimated shipping date? I want to be sure I will be available to accept the package. I think this is coming up on 3 weeks just waiting for it to be shipped out. "

"4-6 weeks is our typical turn-around time.

Sincerely,
Endre"
Old 12-24-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I've been following up every week, and their responses seem increasingly annoyed. I'm not sure what the issue is -- the gun was repaired the day after it was received (the week of Thanksgiving). I guess I'll call on Monday.

"I tried calling today for a status update but nobody answered the phone. Any estimated shipping date? I want to be sure I will be available to accept the package. I think this is coming up on 3 weeks just waiting for it to be shipped out. "

"4-6 weeks is our typical turn-around time.

Sincerely,
Endre"
If a month went by after it was supposedly repaired then I would be the one annoyed, and I wouldn't give a hoot whether they got annoyed or not. Of course if I felt they couldn't be bothered then I would have to speak with someone in a position that could and did understood the importance of not annoying customers. But I guess that's just me.

Last edited by Dddrees; 12-24-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:43 PM

Email [email protected].
Old 12-24-2019, 05:31 PM

I wouldn't be real happy that I needed to send it back in the first place, I sure as hell wouldn't tolerate being given the run around. When I get upset I get a stomach ache, then I get a lot of other people upset and I don't have a stomach ache anymore.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:54 AM

If you read some of the prior posts on this and the gunsmithing forum, you will see numerous reports of both good and bad experiences with DW CS. Based on my own, I am extremely dissatisfied with the work on my gun and the way I was treated. Over the years, I have dealt with the CS departments of Colt, Kimber, Ruger, STI, S&W and Wilson; all of which were infinitely better than DW. OTOH, others have reported good results. Hope your's ends positively. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2019, 09:12 AM

Colt took two years to return an AR lower receiver to me.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:11 PM

#1. Did you follow the instructions on break-in? DW's need to be run VERY wet during breakin. We followed the instructions with the Wife's PM-9 and had zero issues. If anything is going to "lock-up", it's a stainless tightly fitted 1911.
2. I guess I would have started calling/e-mailing for a tracking number about a week after it was supposedly repaired instead of waiting until Christmas week.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:46 PM

Thanks all, I did email Keith, and he got back to me. They had stopped all shipments for 2 weeks for inventory right after Thanksgiving, and this week they've stopped shipments for an audit.

It's still frustrating, and even more so at the lack of communication -- when I asked before, they could have said that, instead of just saying "4-6 week turnaround time". He did offer to throw a magazine in, and said my gun should ship first thing next week.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:44 AM

You could have deburred it yourself. No down time that way.

Bob
Old 01-14-2020, 06:25 PM

I got this back last Tuesday as promised. They must have forgotten to throw in the free mag they promised, I'll have to follow up with them.

The gun seemed to function relatively flawlessly for 200 rounds. A few jams (the round would not go fully into battery?), but I think that's fairly expected for a new gun?

Thanks all for your help resolving this. I really do like this gun, and I feel like I would still consider buying another DW, even though this was incredibly frustrating.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:14 AM

Glad you finally got it back, you were far more patient than I would have been. IMO, a few jams in 200 rounds is not acceptable, but let us know how it's running after another few hundred.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
The gun seemed to function relatively flawlessly for 200 rounds. A few jams (the round would not go fully into battery?), but I think that's fairly expected for a new gun?
Not okay to go from fine to not fine - usually goes the other way. Have you checked extractor tension?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOSmJd7HaDY

Line up the case with the brass circle on the breech face. I prefer to use a cartridge, as there's more momentum to wiggle it loose.
Nice people fall to the manipulator. The manipulator crumbles under the assertive. The assertive shrinks before the aggressive. The aggressive have no plan for the assaultive. The assaultive are unprepared for the homicidal.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
Not okay to go from fine to not fine - usually goes the other way. Have you checked extractor tension?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOSmJd7HaDY

Line up the case with the brass circle on the breech face. I prefer to use a cartridge, as there's more momentum to wiggle it loose.
Could be barrel bump, too.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:03 PM

After all this time it's jamming and no magazine as promised, I would not be a happy camper. I only have 1 D.W., a PM9 and it has been good since day 1. It's a nice gun no question and it's a keeper but I also have a Kimber Gold Match that will shoot right with it. Both guns will shoot 2 inch groups at 25 yards over sand bags. I may put them in a ransom rest some day just to see