Bloomberg knows nothing about his life's passion. - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 05:59 PM

Bloomberg knows nothing about his life's passion.

I saw the ABC piece referred to in the article years ago (it may still be up on Youtube). I was astounded at how ignorant the man was regarding the simplest attributes of the very objects he wants to control.

Bloomberg%20Fumbles%20Facts,%20Laws%20in%20Gun-Control%20Policy%20Rollout.html
Old 12-09-2019, 06:21 PM

Men like Bloomberg are dangerous because of their friends. They are the ones who must be dealt with first.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:36 PM
Administrator

You would think that somebody as rich as Bloomberg is would be able to afford a book about guns.

Just remember though, he doesn't need to know about guns because all he wants to do is eliminate them from the general population. All while keeping a large and well-armed security detail around him 24/7.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2019, 10:58 PM

Apparently he does not give a hoot about being able to accurately describe a gun and what makes it run. He does not have to know. Bloomberg just wants what most Democrats want- the disarming of America and then the dismantling of the constitution and of course the bill of rights. We gun owners must stand up and be heard. We need to find a viable candidate. We need to stop depending on Trump. He cant keep his mouth shut and its getting him in trouble.
I wonder what Bloomberg would say if the first people to have to turn in their guns, including their duty weapons.
The time is now, get up and fight for your rights. But be sensible about it. Use your voices, pens, typewriters, email and your vote. Be heard be loud be consistent.

The second amendment is just a start. What's next? The First amendment? 3rd? 4th?
Old 12-10-2019, 05:20 AM
Administrator

His passion is power.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddie30.06 View Post
. We gun owners must stand up and be heard. We need to find a viable candidate. We need to stop depending on Trump. He cant keep his mouth shut and its getting him in trouble.
Right. Let's dump the only person who has actually stood up for the best interests of the country as far as I can remember. And I'm sure if he would just keep his mouth shut, the media and the rest of the Left would treat him much better.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Right. Let's dump the only person who has actually stood up for the best interests of the country as far as I can remember. And I'm sure if he would just keep his mouth shut, the media and the rest of the Left would treat him much better.
Do you think Trump has enough money to beat Bloomberg?

The second amendment is just a start. What's next? The First amendment? 3rd? 4th?
Old 12-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Quote:
Right. Let's dump the only person who has actually stood up for the best interests of the country as far as I can remember. And I'm sure if he would just keep his mouth shut, the media and the rest of the Left would treat him much better. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/dope.gif[/IMG]

You don't need more money. You need more voters. And more dedication to actually VOTE.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Burke View Post
His passion is power.
^ This.

Bloomberg & liberals are all about control whether it's firearms, sodas, or whatever. They think they know best and they want to be the limousine-driven czars who will direct your lives cradle to grave. The question really is will you let them?
Captain, Sons of the American Revolution
Old 12-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Bloomberg thinks he can buy the presidency, but we'll see. Obviously his anti-gun views are toxic with conservatives, but his wealth as well as his history of civil rights violations (such as stop n' frisk) don't sit too well with the far left. His best chance his simply convincing people that we're better off with him than Trump, although those of us who really know what a slimy creep he is on't be convinced. If Bloomberg gets elected, not only can we say goodbye to the Second Amendment but likely the rest of the Constitution as well. Not to mention our 20-ounce sodas.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:

Oddly enough, Hitlary in 2016 had spent twice as much as the Trump campaign.

Look where it got her.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:

Trump is raising money at a record pace. He will have a much better funded and organized campaign than he had in 2016 and he has already proven he can win in spite of being outspent by his opponent. Who would you pick to replace him? This ought to be good.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:

We gun owners must stand up and be heard. We need to find a viable candidate. We need to stop depending on Trump. He cant keep his mouth shut and its getting him in trouble.
I did a little editing to save space and hope I kept your message in context. Yes, gunowners must be active and vote and be unforgiving to those who transgress. So far as another "viable candidate" - any suggestions?
Old 12-10-2019, 04:43 PM

The little wannabe dictator reminds me of a certain German corporal who thought that he was the worlds greatest military tactician and failed. Just another fascist that is masquerading as a globalist. Nothing but a fool and his money who is trying to buy a crown.

Last edited by 45CAL; 12-10-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:

Trump can win the election and he is our best bet in all respects. His big mouth is not your problem - its his. Even with that, he'll still win. However if you drink the dim Kool-Aid and don't vote because you 'can't bring yourself to vote for him' along with enough others, he could lose. That's how we have lost VA to the Dims - conservatives staying home because the candidates were not perfect enough for them. The Dims have come up with a tremendously effective ploy - all they have to do is throw a little mud and the oh, so conscientious conservatives deem the candidate to be not worthy of their vote. So, they stay home and the Dims win. They are playing you like a fiddle.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:09 PM

I'm registered as an independent because I dont need a party to tell me how to vote. But if it comes down to Trump against anyone I sure am giving Trump my support. Hoping that some good candidates for Senate and the House show up otherwise nothing will get done.
I dont have a suggestion for a better candidate. I wish I did.
I saddened by the sorry state of politics here in America.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I'm registered as an independent because I dont need a party to tell me how to vote. But if it comes down to Trump against anyone I sure am giving Trump my support. Hoping that some good candidates for Senate and the House show up otherwise nothing will get done.
I dont have a suggestion for a better candidate. I wish I did.
I saddened by the sorry state of politics here in America.

My advice is don't look for a perfect candidate. I've been looking for 40 years and still haven't seen one. It's very simple where we are today in politics. You hope to be able to vote positively for the GOP candidate but even if you don't like him or her, it is imperative to vote to keep the Democrats out of office. We are way beyond the day when there were moderate Democrats that might be acceptable. If you allow a Democrat to get elected because the GOP candidate doesn't float your boat, then you are just shooting yourself in the ass. And don't foolishly waste your vote on some third party fool who has no chance to win. We just lost a governors race here because thousands of dolts voted Libertarian which allowed the Democrat to win.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:26 PM

You are correct, there is no "perfect" candidate. My vote will stay with President Trump. I just donated to his campaign and joined the NRA.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
My advice is don't look for a perfect candidate.
There hasn't been a president that I truly admire since Teddy Roosevelt. The rest have all either been asleep at the switch or were in office solely to further their party's agenda. A truly populist president would support the Democrats when he/she thinks they're right and side with the GOP when they think they're right. Unfortunately these days you're not voting for the president, but for their party and its platform. It'll be a cold day in Hell when a Democratic President ever tells their own party to shut up and let the GOP take the lead on an issue, or vice-versa.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:56 PM

All I know is when the Democrats get control of Congress and the White House they will push the envelope similar to and maybe a lot worse than what is going on in Virginia now. And we sure can't count on the courts to protect us since they are completely unwilling to draw a serious line as to how far government can go to ban particular guns. It's a developing mess that is going to implode at some point.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Adminstrator

Actually not true. Trump has carved his own niche out of the Repubs. And the party elites of the GOP hate him for it. In Trump's case, you are voting for Trump and his brand of conservatism, not the Party.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:34 PM

He's an idiot with big money, the most dangerous kind.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:44 AM

+1 on LW's post...

POTUS is a force upon himself - he is an outsider - hence, many forces are out to get him including the deep-state (which seems to have too many lefties in leadership spots), media, Dem's, and even parts of his own party...

Now, his own party is behaving quite better supporting him these days as he has proved in spades his economic policies have worked so well and more importantly as he has a 95% approval rating among republican's. Even the never Trumpers in his own party don't want to throw themselves in front of that statistic.

POTUS is indeed a populist president (of his own brand), if he wasn't he would not have won in 2016 by capturing moderate dem voter's in the rust belt...But he is also a Conservative president as manifested by most of his policies. But he is a smart-Conservative, willing to think out of the box, rather to accept dogma's which some purely academic conservatives embrace (e.g. fair trade vs free trade). The mix of these 2 approaches, populism and smart Conservatism is what will get him elected again in 2020.

BTW, the notion that someone on the right can come to much of good term's with the modern-democratic party is a fantasy these day's. The Dem's have gone too loony with hate, and too crazy with policy and have attacked POTUS on a very basic personal level from day one (even at a time when he was just starting and POTUS was naive enough to believe they would be just "fair" with him - no more than fair). The only kind of Republican The lefty will get along with is a mega-rhino like say a John McCain type for example. But what good does this do for us to have a mega-Rhino president? Nothing.

It is a politically-polarized country, accept it, move on and put your money of the best horse, donate, fight. For the foreseeable-future that is Donald J. Trump. And for all the sacrifices he is making for this country pray to God to continue to bless him and keep him and his family safe from the Evil Doers.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 12-11-2019 at 07:11 AM.