Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Virginia has fallen

I feel so sorry for you guys in the beautiful state of Virginia. It looks like the leftists have now completely taken over and you can look forward to a full-blown assault on your Second Amendment rights come next year.

Quote:
"I'm here to officially declare today, November 5, 2019, that Virginia is officially blue," Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam told a crowd of supporters in Richmond.
Quote:
National groups, particularly those aligned with Democrats, pumped huge amounts of money into the contests as a way to test-drive expensive messaging and get-out-the-vote campaigns ahead of the 2020 cycle. Gun control and clean-energy groups affiliated with former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg spent several million dollars helping Democrats.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...KTk?li=BBnb7Kz

Those of you who like to mock California, New York, Oregon and Washington are about to see the same thing happen in your state soon. Come 2020 we may lose more states... possibly even Florida and Texas.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:22 AM

I wonder how many "gun owning Democrats" and long time VA resident gunowners voted "D" in this election? We ought to stop blaming it on illegal immigrants voting and transplants and looking at how our gun owning brethren vote. Because I'll bet nearly half of them voted for the party that wants to wipe out their rights and called them them domestic terrorists because they're NRA members.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:26 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsf View Post
I wonder how many "gun owning Democrats" and long time VA resident gunowners voted "D" in this election? We ought to stop blaming it on illegal immigrants voting and transplants and looking at how our gun owning brethren vote. Because I'll bet nearly half of them voted for the party that wants to wipe out their rights and called them them domestic terrorists because they're NRA members.
It's a combo effect....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2019, 01:09 AM

Bloomturd and Soros threw a lot of campaign money at VA.

No Regerts.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermane_1911 View Post
Bloomturd and Soros threw a lot of campaign money at VA.
does spending money make educated people stupid? Virginia is a good example of gun owners cutting their own throats.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:13 AM

Dark day...Cheeze, just sent my 15 round mags to Brother in VA last December to escape NJ...Well, still have a Bro each in TN and Florida, looks like the mags will be moving again in a year or so when VA goes 10. LOL (although it is not funny really).
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 11-06-2019, 04:22 AM

Quote:
There are gun owner's and then their are Avid Gun owner's.

Most gun owner's don't vote gun's 1st...Just the reality. As a proxy, we can use the NRA membership as a percent of total gun ownership in the USA as a rough rule of what % of gun owners will vote 2A over all else. It is a measly 5-7%...

We get a "distorted" view on the forum where most of us are avid gun owners and 2A supporter's. But if a gun owner can't fork up 45$ to join the NRA, I wouldn't bet money on them they will put 2A as the most important thing in their (political) lives. (I'm sure there are some exceptions to this but probably not many).

Just the reality, the sooner we recognize it the better.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 11-06-2019, 04:49 AM

As a former NY'er (that is... UPSTATE New York), retired USCG and now living in Virginia, I have seen all sorts of crazy things in this state. The massive increase in Indians (Hindu), Sri Lanka, etc... may have some effect, as they are all 100% pacifics, vegetarian, and vote (D) no matter what.

I weep for our country.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
It is the liberal whites that voted nobama in 2x and for HRC, i agree and have said it many times in the last 10 yrs.

It should be interesting to see what happens going forward.

Condolences to you guys in Va.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:39 AM

It is a very sad day here in Virginia ... it”s like we woke up in Maryland.

Coming soon to a state near you ....
Old 11-06-2019, 07:08 AM

Condolences to our 2D Am loving brethren living in VA...
Old 11-06-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
That’s part of it, but how many gun owning Republicans didn’t get off their dead arse and vote at all! This should be a huge wake up call to everyone across this nation to get off the damn couch!
Old 11-06-2019, 07:14 AM

I'm going to be curious of the compliance rate July 1st 2020, the day the new laws democrats will pass in January will take effect.

The worse news is Va just didn't fall, the Va GOP gave up without a fight. Which is what they want. The Va GOP is perfectly happy with last nights results, now they can become the minority fund raising party without actually having to do anything.

Liberty minded Virginian's are further screwed because now the Dems own the 2020 redistricting. The SCOTUS has already said redistricting based on politics is A OK. The Va GOP is now a permanent minority.

Bloomberg finally got his dream of destroying Va.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
It isn't illegal immigration that killed Virginia. It was LEGAL immigration. Virginia is now only 60% white. Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians, which make up the other 40% all vote heavily Democrat. Combine that with some Lefty whites who work for the federal government and you get this. Whites are the only race that votes majority GOP. Welcome to the future of America. Don''t you just love diversity?
Old 11-06-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama-Ohio View Post
does spending money make educated people stupid? Virginia is a good example of gun owners cutting their own throats.
This. I'm tired of hearing how spending money makes the difference. While it is true, the unsaid truth is that it proves how most people are too lazy and easily distracted to actually care about the issues that affect their lives and their childrens' lives. In the final analysis, the responsibility for voting for tyranny comes down to the individual voter.

More and more, I am wondering if we should have a situation where all the conservatives vote with their feet and move to a few states with a long tradition of conservatism, and leave the libtard fools to their self-created PC s**tholes. Or we all move to Texas, politically take it over completely (the libtards will voluntarily relocate, believe me) and then secede. Texas is the only state where the option of secession was specifically retained, as a condition of joining the Union.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:25 AM

Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Dark day...Cheeze, just sent my 15 round mags to Brother in VA last December to escape NJ...Well, still have a Bro each in TN and Florida, looks like the mags will be moving again in a year or so when VA goes 10. LOL (although it is not funny really).
What good do YOUR mags do in a random state? Tell your brother to ship the damn things back with a few extras tossed in the box.

My state is a dark, dark shade of purple with quite a few “laws on the books” which those in the city seem to get a long with...but there are many folks just like me who don’t give a damn what kind of back pats the rulers like to give themselves and will carry on as I have.

Taxes and the Dim love for them is what frightens me. My Second is going nowhere.

#iwillnotcomply #neithershouldyou
Old 11-06-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
No, it does not. But it will make many uninformed people vote in a certain way. It's just 'marketing', and for anyone to suggest that it doesn't exist is another part of the problem.

I remember when I-594 was on the ballot in Washington in 2014. One of the ads had the message "Do you know that Washington currently has NO LAW Requiring A Background Check to Purchase a Firearm?" Of course, the state didn't need a law, it was already covered by Federal law, but the sheeple bought it hook, line, and sinker. That initiative was backed by 4-5 multi-billionaires in the state, they outspent the opposition by about 5-1, if I remember correctly.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:04 AM

NC SHOULDA started THEIR border wall in the late '80's.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug Nuts View Post
What good do YOUR mags do in a random state? Tell your brother to ship the damn things back with a few extras tossed in the box.

My state is a dark, dark shade of purple with quite a few “laws on the books” which those in the city seem to get a long with...but there are many folks just like me who don’t give a damn what kind of back pats the rulers like to give themselves and will carry on as I have.

Taxes and the Dim love for them is what frightens me. My Second is going nowhere.

#iwillnotcomply #neithershouldyou
Bank for the buck. Benefit vs risk...Foolish to risk taking a felony charge over 5 rounds. If convicted can't own a gun anywhere in the USA. Can't use them at the range either unless one want to be banned if caught doing so...If you are just going to hide them in your house, fine, but that is no different then hiding them OO-state...Now if they are going to take my AR I might make a difference decision (different bang for the buck ratio). We will see if it comes to it.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 11-06-2019, 09:17 AM

Having spent 44 years of my life living in the Old Dominion, this is a sad day for me.

Kinda like standing in the middle of a railroad track watching a train heading your way-------------and you can do nothing to stop it before it hits you.

Just moved from Va to NC earlier this year for health reasons. I hear the train is headed south, and only time will tell if it turns this place a darker shade of Carolina Blue.

If true, hopefully I'll be long gone before that happens.
Agent Orange---the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
No, spending $$$ gets the non-voter to come out and vote for whatever that $$$ said.

VA fell victim to demographics, and a lot of that has to do with immigration. Did you see that MN now has a somali muslim Krat on city council.

I fear the destruction of We The People is progressing at a faster than anticipated rate. At this rate, near future will have kids in schools reading books published by China Govt.

Last edited by 1911_Kid; 11-06-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Just called Bro to give him my condolences. He is very upset and his wife even more upset, and they don't even own a gun. But they did home school their kids so that tells you something...And they did both vote yesterday.

They want to move now to Carolina's, but I warned them that may be next to fall based on what some of the "home boys" are saying.

Which 3 states are the most (most, no guarantee) secure against lefty takeover at this point? Like maybe Utah - just guessing, or TN???
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 11-06-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:07 PM

2nd amendment restrictions are the forefront of the new state legislative body. come January Virginia will be the new new jersey.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Every single news article I read today indicated that gun control will be front and center on the agenda when the new VA legislature convenes in January. I dread to think what they have in mind, especially with nobody to stop them. If nothing else, if you're a VA resident and don't have all the ARs and 10+ round magazines you need you'd better start buying NOW.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:14 PM

All this coming to your state soon enough. We are falling one state at a time. Republican/ Conservative values are falling into the abyss.
Closed Thread