Wrote a letter to the NRA president - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-15-2019, 10:25 AM

Wrote a letter to the NRA president

about a week ago asking they prepare a breakdown of income and expenses and make it available to the membership. Of course, haven't heard anything back. I've been a member for years and I intend to keep active, but they are not helping. We send in millions a year and have no idea where it all goes. The rumors about the Texas mansion bother me. A lot.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:02 AM

That's funny, I wrote both him and Marion Hammer suggesting they open an office for long-term media projects. You know, projects to play out in 10, 20, 30 years time, to help re-adjust the public's perception of guns and gun owners.

Remember when guns were cool and as a kid you had an arsenal of toy guns? Maybe even a few of those japanese zinc "replica guns?"

No?

That's why. ARound the late 70's early 80's it was suddenly uncool to have toy guns, or as a parent, to give toy guns. You think that was organic and just happened? No. That was a ploy from the Left.

What I'm saying is after San Fransisco declared the NRA a "Terrorist Organization" the NRA has my unflinching support. I don't care if LaPierre buys a trillion dollar house or a gold-plated jet anymore. I did, for a while, but right now we need all the help we can get.
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 09-15-2019, 11:31 AM

Well I hope that you included a check in with your letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDawg View Post
about a week ago asking they prepare a breakdown of income and expenses and make it available to the membership. Of course, haven't heard anything back. I've been a member for years and I intend to keep active, but they are not helping. We send in millions a year and have no idea where it all goes. The rumors about the Texas mansion bother me. A lot.
Lawyers and politicians are expensive. As for the "Texas mansion", what mansion are you referring to? Wayne Lapierre lives in Falls church VA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post

What I'm saying is after San Fransisco declared the NRA a "Terrorist Organization" the NRA has my unflinching support. I don't care if LaPierre buys a trillion dollar house or a gold-plated jet anymore. I did, for a while, but right now we need all the help we can get.
This. And I feel the same way.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Lawyers and politicians are expensive. As for the "Texas mansion", what mansion are you referring to? Wayne Lapierre lives in Falls church VA.
The deal fell through, due to the whole McQueen Ackerman mess occurring around the same time.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:29 PM

I didn't say anything about Wayne Lapierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
but you and hundreds of others have. But why doesn't the NRA tell us members, and the world, about the mansion. Set the record straight. Tell the truth. Talk to us. Tell us where the money goes. We are the stockholders of that organization and we have the right to know where our money is going. Anybody that trusts any organization they belong to that won't give info on income and expenditures is a fool.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:30 PM

Doing the work of a whole army of Libtards.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:53 PM

Just so that you know.

Quote:
but you and hundreds of others have. But why doesn't the NRA tell us members, and the world, about the mansion. Set the record straight. Tell the truth. Talk to us. Tell us where the money goes. We are the stockholders of that organization and we have the right to know where our money is going. Anybody that trusts any organization they belong to that won't give info on income and expenditures is a fool.
Whatever you happen to donate monetarily. It generally goes to Washington. If perhaps someone duped you into thinking that you are a "stockholder" in something. Then you might want to reconsider your investment strategy. Just sayin. I have no expectation that any of the large amount of money that I have sent to the NRA over the years. That any of it will return any dividend in terms of what a "stockholder" might expect. This being something on the order of a monetary return.

On the other hand. What I have consistently seen in the past, and What I fully expect to see going forward. Is that the donations that I send to the NRA will consistently pay dividends of another kind. Dividends that can not be accurately measured in terms of a monetary scale. Dividends that will pay off well in terms of securing our God given rights against the strong forces of evil that are arrayed against us.

By all means post further if you require additional explanation.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:12 PM

The fact that we still have gun rights at all after the gun laws of 1968 is dividend enough. Seems people these days want to take a "snapshot" of the NRA and criticize them.

If one doesn't wish to help the NRA the least they could do these days is not hinder them.

Last edited by frogfurr; 09-15-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:08 AM

At this point, whether LaPierre is guilty or innocent is irrelevant. Previous removal attempts should be enough to show we are stuck with him, whether we want him or not.

However, what is relevant, is that the NRA is the biggest dog we have in this fight. The NRA could use some streamlining, and it would be nice if they did what the OP suggested. But, many of us are letting perfect stand in the way of good.

The NRA is legitamate threat to gun grabbers everywhere, and we must keep it that way. Wayne, and other executives may wish to treat themselves to fine pleasures, I'll tolerate it and continue my support for the organization. However, I'll only do this if they continue keeping up the fight for our rights. So far, they've done a decent job. There are some things they could've done better, but we are better off with their past performances, than not ever having them at all.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:18 AM

"I've been a member for years and intend to keep active..."

That's a quote from my original post, as some of you lack reading comprehension abilities. Yes the NRA is our only hope, and it has done a great job in the past. I am just saying lets do things the right way and let the membership know what's going on behind closed doors. Now I'm out of this thread.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
WLP is not the "President" of the NRA.

He is the 'Executive Vice President.'
Old 09-16-2019, 04:38 PM

Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
WLP is not the "President" of the NRA.

He is the 'Executive Vice President.'
Please revisit my posts and point out where I ever said WLP is the president of the NRA. Hint: I didn't. Then revisit my posts and point out where I mentioned the reading comprehension abilities of some on this board.

Also, when I referred to us members as being "stockholders" I thought it was obvious that I was pointing out that it was members dues and other contributions that provided the NRA with the bulk of its income, and that without us the organization would fold. Please pardon me for assuming reading comprehension abilities.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:12 PM

Just what person did you write to?

By NAME.

Carolyn D. Meadows?

Last edited by brickeyee; 09-17-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post

What I'm saying is after San Fransisco declared the NRA a "Terrorist Organization" the NRA has my unflinching support.
They have to make us terrorist by fiat or criminals by passing laws we believe to be unconstitutional and refuse to obey. They can not rule law abiding armed citizens the way they want to with complete control.

They are having wet dreams right now hoping and praying to their government leaders that they can disarm 5 million NRA members for being terrorist and destroy the NRA. If you think it could not happen just look around and think how much of this idiocy would you have thought possible 30 or 40 years ago.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:41 PM

For those who want to know where the NRA's money goes, here's their 2017 filing with the IRS. See if you can follow along. https://990s.foundationcenter.org/99...01712_990O.pdf

I've covered this and those for the other 2A organizations as well.

Good luck
Old 09-17-2019, 04:31 PM

I took a scan at Oldgunner's post of their Form 990.

15% reduction in gross contribution/revenue.
$2 million reduction in salaries paid
61% reduction overall expenses.
10% reduction in assets

At first glance I'm seeing an overall anticipation of reduced revenue and an appropriate move to cut expenses.

Other noted contract expenses :
$25 million - membership processing management
$20.3 M - advertising (Ackerman McQueen)
$11.6 M - Membership marketing

Thanks OldGunner for posting this. It's informative.
Captain, Sons of the American Revolution
Old 09-18-2019, 08:40 AM

The NRA's 2018 Form 990 is going to be interesting and should be available by November. I'm also interested in seeing the 2018 forms from the GOA and the Second Amendment Foundation, both of which are tiny compared to the NRA but have interesting financial data.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:51 AM

Would you mind posting those?

Thanks OldGunner. It would be helpful to have that.
Captain, Sons of the American Revolution
Old 09-18-2019, 09:29 AM

Just for comparison, here's the GOA 2017 Form 990.

https://990s.foundationcenter.org/99...01712_990O.pdf