Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Nope. Go find a 1A forum if you want to be an idiot.

With so much at stake whether one likes or hates Trump, one needs to keep things in perspective, and just bashing the man to get jollies is quite pointless if you love 2A. Any rational 2A supporter should know what to do in November and the constant bashing of Trump just helps to propagate much of the propaganda for the Press (it is also obvious that we have been infiltrated by (some [not all the Trump bashers, but some]) Hillary surrogates....And there is much more at stake then just 2A, our entire democracy and constitution is being overwhelmed by Leftyism and all the problems it brings.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 08-14-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:04 AM

I for one have appreciated the latitude given in the 2A sub forum.
Where else can we do this? ( rhetorical )
It has helped share opinions ( not always in agreement ) with the election and occurrences from people from all backgrounds, from across our country.
As a relative newcomer here compared to others, but not to boards, where 5 people in a room can't necessarily agree on anything, decorum should rule the day.
So whether I agreed with a thread getting closed or not, most should get it, since we're all supposed to be on the same page election/2A wise.
When I'm in someone else's house, I don't go in their refrigerator or take the remote and change the tv channel.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonHyphenAmerican View Post
Ya know?

I don't blame the Administrators and Moderators.

Posting on this site is similar to being in their house.

It is their house.

Paid for by them.

Built by them.

Maintained by them.

So while we all have "Freedom of Speech", we also have an obligation to be courteous while in someone else's house.

After all, you'd expect that same courtesy in your own house.

So anyone who doesn't like how this site is administered or moderated, kindly build your own site at your own expense.

Then, you can say anything you want to.

I for one appreciate the opportunity to post here.

I've learned lots about 1911's, reloading and BHP's.

I've also enjoyed discussing and debating within the framework of the rules of this site.

Sincerely,
NonHyphenAmerican
Rules are rules and I understand that.
But just to be clear there are a few of us that help pay for this site.
51 posts and I count 5 supporters.
That's pretty sad.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:11 AM

If I don't like the house rules I can always leave the house. I don't mind this rule at all and think the forum is acting without offense in imposing it.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:24 AM

But isn't that the same logic the Dems use to control speech? "We make the rules, so here is what can be discussed and what cannot be discussed?"
Old 08-14-2016, 07:29 AM

I feel like my rant yesterday started all of this, I'm sorry if it did, the mans got my vote, I just don't understand his actions that's all.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevCain777 View Post
But isn't that the same logic the Dems use to control speech? "We make the rules, so here is what can be discussed and what cannot be discussed?"
Unless you are a troll or just not very bright, why would you want to come to a gun forum and attack the only candidate in the race that supports the Second Amendment? And don't tell me the Libertarian Party supports it when they put William Weld on the ticket.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:

We are a Pro 2A forum. Learn it, know it, live it and love it. Or for those that don't, take a hike.
Well said!

Presently, we seem to be Living in a time and place where if you're anti Trump then you're anti 2nd Amendment (it is what it is). Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of anti Trump ppl around here.
George MacDonald
Old 08-14-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRaven View Post
Well said!

Presently, we seem to be Living in a time and place where if you're anti Trump then you're anti 2nd Amendment (it is what it is). Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of anti Trump ppl around here.
Being disappointed in Trump's campaign up to this point does not make someone anti-gun. That's BS.
Even his hardcore supporters here admit there is plenty of room for improvement.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:23 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbob45 View Post
Being disappointed in Trump's campaign up to this point does not make someone anti-gun. That's BS.
Even his hardcore supporters here admit there is plenty of room for improvement.
3, 2, 1.....

2 weeks off.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:39 AM

Thanks for putting an end to the anti-Trump rhetoric. There is no need to be actively campaigning about the only pro-2A candidate in the race. We are bombarded with anti-Trump messaging 24/7 in the media. Do we really need it here too when we should be advancing the only person who can stop Crooked Hillary's anti-2A agenda?

As for this thread, it is has been very entertaining. Sometimes you just have to play the Trump card.
Attached Thumbnails
t3_4xmgon.gif  
Old 08-14-2016, 08:46 AM

Might want to spread the word to the merchants.....Pro-Hillary Post???
Old 08-14-2016, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderTroll View Post
I know you're trying to be snide, but ironically, you're correct. Self censorship actually is delightful. Although a more common term for it is "manners". Every day there are things I'd love to say to people that it would be neither polite nor prudent to say, so I don't. I think almost all of us fall into that category. It's what we learned as we developed into mature adults. Just because you can do or say something doesn't mean you should.
BoulderTroll, that was so very well said. Good manners use to be common, but these days it seems to be rather fleeting. The part in bold is very true for many of us who were raised to respect the opinions and property of others (even if we don't agree with them), and is one of the reasons I don't post very often in this sub-forum.

LW - thanks for returning some sanity here!

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 08-14-2016, 09:28 AM

Moderators, Thank you!

I had become very disheartening to watch a minority who under the guise of independence worked so diligently to undermine our only 2A preservation option. One can only guess at the motivations involved but rest assured none of those motivations are of a wholesome nature.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:41 AM

Thank you!!!!
Old 08-14-2016, 09:56 AM

This election cycle, it's kind of easy to get wound up. What say we all turn off our computers, phones, & TVs for a bit. Pick up your favorite 1911, and go out shooting.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw mcvay View Post
3, 2, 1.....

2 weeks off.
lol!
Old 08-14-2016, 10:05 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Might want to spread the word to the merchants.....Pro-Hillary Post???
Thanks. The word is spread.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:34 AM

Agree with direction taken. Otherwise, we're wasting valuable time and energy that could be better directed towards defeating enemies of the 2A.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 08-14-2016, 11:07 AM

Even my mom and I have stopped talking about politics because the lines have been drawn and it's time to circle the wagons.
Two sides, two people are left. If you own a firearm and expect for you children to still be able to enjoy the same memories you have than the choice should be clear. If you want your grandkids to enjoy owning gramps gun than the choice is clear.

God
Guns
Guts

Made this country. The choice should be clear.
COTEP#782
Old 08-14-2016, 11:21 AM

You'll see

I think I'm bright enough to see the damage done to the 2A by picking the wrong candidate. Please show me some credible indicators that Trump will win. Please. I'm not seeing any so please help out. I'll rely on your vast wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Unless you are a troll or just not very bright, why would you want to come to a gun forum and attack the only candidate in the race that supports the Second Amendment? And don't tell me the Libertarian Party supports it when they put William Weld on the ticket.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:28 AM

This Nation was built on the principals of Open and unhindered debate. I think we have gotten this wrong. Instead of closing debate, perhaps we should be more focused on dealing with the Offenders whom can not debate in a respectful and polite manner.

Debating among ourselves helps us see our own weaknesses as 2A proponents. Suffocating this exchange will only work to our own detriment in the long run. Shutting our eyes to the issues, weaknesses and potential pitfalls. I am currently working to help the Local GOP Committee develop talking points and Political Action Plans, for what our message needs to be and how to best deliver this message. I have drawn upon this very Forum as an incredible mining tool. There are some remarkable deep thinkers in here. On both sides of the issues! I am sad to see constructive conversation cease. So to will the sharing of ideas, thoughts and talking points. To win this election cycle we Must know our Enemy. We must know how they think and the arguments they will proffer. Essentially putting our heads in the sand, is not the answer.

While I understand the extra strain this has placed on our Admins and in some regards I can related to their decision. I implore them to rethink this total and complete ban. Consider a set of hard and fast Debate Rules that will apply in the 2A section. Anyone who violates them gets an automatic 2 week vacation. No warnings, no hesitation. Make the conversation polite, gentleman like and respectful.

It was never the debate that was the problem. It was particular individuals who confused debating with Street Fighting.

Perhaps I will be treated to my own 2 week vacation for sharing my opinion. I hope not, and I think this is the best Moderated Forum on the Internet. I support this Forum with my pocketbook and will continue to do so, vacation or not.

But I felt compelled to point out that we may be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. This will be my last word on this subject should the Admins stay the course. If however, they decide to reconsider I offer my services to the Admins in developing "2A Debating Rules" or the like.

Adamg247
US Navy (Ret), Oath Keeper.
"United States Navy - "The Sea is Ours"
Old 08-14-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Thanks. The word is spread.

Were they banned?
Old 08-14-2016, 11:38 AM

Really you will! Thats cool.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:41 AM

This site is becoming very political. LW McVay thank you for directing the forum in this direction and not allowing members with the wrong viewpoint to post here. 1911 Forum Lives Matter!
Closed Thread